What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I've put a lot of money into alt. energy stocks and I'm creating a lot of green in many senses.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Ah, but when you add all the two cycle chainsaws together, and then subtract the oxygen that was generated by the trees that you cut down with those chainsaws, it adds up quick.
      Come to Siberia with me sometime and I will show you there is no shortage of trees. That's all you see from the Trans Siberian railroad for thousands of miles.

Dude, one volcano going off in 1815 put enough aerisol emitions into the atmosphere that it created a mini ice age for sevral years. One volcano. It's in Indonesia and the crater is five fucking miles across.

Just north of where I live is Yellowstone National Park. The largest volcano in the world. The culdera is 30 fucking miles across and could erupt at anytime. The result would be catastrophic and black out the sun for a year. Kiss lots of species and plantlife goodbye.

Not too long ago, they found dead bison in the Norris area of the park. What was happening is some of the geothermal vents were emitting toxic gas that settled into the low areas where the bison were. Yup, nature creates toxic gas as well. The whole park stinks like sulfur and emits sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Gyser water is caustic and will eat the paint off your car.

This being said, I can no longer ride my snowmobile in the park because it emits sulfur emitions.

There once were lots of plants and animals that were here that are no longer here. Go to dinosaur national monument in eastern Utah to see the big lizards that used to run around there. Funny, whole species were wiped out never to return and man wasn't around to blame for it.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If the volcano at Yellowstone goes off we're all dead, it's apocalypse.

You'll be dead right away and it will take a few weeks before it's all over for the rest of us.

A lot of the usual confusions in this thread. It's not global warming it's climate change. Some places getting warmer can also make somewhere else get much colder. So for example the West coast of the US will fry whilst the East coast gets more and more storms and floods.

For fuck sake you lost a whole city last year and the penny still hasn't dropped...
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-07-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
          Commando
          • May 2004

I firmly believe we should take care of the environment. It really pisses me off when I see people throwing trash out of their cars. Littering is just wrong. The neighborhood I live in uses recycling bins and everyone participates. As far as this planet goe's I think Mother Earth is at the end of her rope with the human race. It is only a matter of time before a cataclysmic event takes place and we join the dinosours in fossil land.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Veteran
            • Feb 2006

Gotta love the scarcity of liberals taking part in this thread. Tons of threads bitching about the way things are, but when it comes to a thread that invites contributing and building "that better world", where the fuck are y'all???
            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

For fuck sake you lost a whole city last year and the penny still hasn't dropped...
              A city under sea level in Hurricane Alley with crappy levees. It was a situation bound to happen.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Come to Siberia with me sometime and I will show you there is no shortage of trees. That's all you see from the Trans Siberian railroad for thousands of miles.

Dude, one volcano going off in 1815 put enough aerisol emitions into the atmosphere that it created a mini ice age for sevral years. One volcano. It's in Indonesia and the crater is five fucking miles across.

Just north of where I live is Yellowstone National Park. The largest volcano in the world. The culdera is 30 fucking miles across and could erupt at anytime. The result would be catastrophic and black out the sun for a year. Kiss lots of species and plantlife goodbye.

Not too long ago, they found dead bison in the Norris area of the park. What was happening is some of the geothermal vents were emitting toxic gas that settled into the low areas where the bison were. Yup, nature creates toxic gas as well. The whole park stinks like sulfur and emits sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Gyser water is caustic and will eat the paint off your car.

This being said, I can no longer ride my snowmobile in the park because it emits sulfur emitions.

There once were lots of plants and animals that were here that are no longer here. Go to dinosaur national monument in eastern Utah to see the big lizards that used to run around there. Funny, whole species were wiped out never to return and man wasn't around to blame for it.
                I was waiting for someone to mention the mini ice age.

What we really should start worrying about, instead of sitting and blamming loggers and saving the trees, are the coral reefs. Everyone complains that man is causing the high temperatures in the ocean, but what they fail to realise is that the coral reefs remove all the carbon dioxide and stabilize temperatures in that region. But now they're all dying of the white plague whichs helps spike up temperatures, then hurting the ones that haven't caught the disease yet. But we'll complain about logging, which replants the trees.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Hey people, it's fishing season!!!!

Time to pull some bass and crappie out of my local lakes.

Gotta keep the fish population down, ya know!!!
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I'm all for packing my trash out and taking care of the environment but it's gotten rediculouse. We are paying out the ass for energy in the western United States because we can't build new power plants. Nobody wants a coal power plant but what they don't relise is we can build them now with really low emissions and we have the best coal in the world to run them on.

Theres all this talk of running cars on hydrogen. It will never happen without cheap electricity. You can make hydrogen from sea water with electricity but you have to have a lot of it. Coal is the key to the hydrogen problem but no way are we going to do that.

Most environmentalists know nothing about the environment.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Something in the world is going to bite your ass. Pick a problem because theres always a thousand more. Maybe it's the smart people who stay on a constant herion buzz until they kick off on an overdose.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

1)Recycle

2)Save water,shower with a Friend.

3)Ride a Bike to work.

4)Fart Tax.

5)Compost in backyard.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Something in the world is going to bite your ass.
                          I'LL SAY!!!
                          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I keep my car tuned up and try to use synthetic oils if I'm driving something newer (lowers emissions, increases mileage, and you change it less often)...

I religiously recycle and even pick up litter from fuckers that throw empties out of their cars when I take long walks.

I vote only for candidates that make this an issue.

I support the exploration of alternative fuels such as wind-farms and solar...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I vote only for candidates that make this an issue.

So I guess you didn't vote for Kerry then, since he didn't say three words about it during the 04 campaign?

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I support the exploration of alternative fuels such as wind-farms and solar... [/B]
                              So I guess you don't have anything good to say about those hypocrites the kennedys who are blocking the buidling of windmills on their beloved Martha's Vineyard b/c it would ruin their precious skyline...
                              RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

I'm doing my part by doing nothing other than Lounging......

No heat generated by ME this summer.

Unlees of course, you count my multitude of Air Conditioner Units all set at DEEP FREEZE.

Glad I could help
                                Originally posted by Kristy
                                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...