Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-22-2015 @ 06:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Suddenly, people are paying attention and this inconvenent truth has become a hot topic...

HA!!! Get it? "HOT" Topic! That's good, if I do say so myself...

Anyhoo, if we don't change our ways, there will be, nearly every scientist agrees, in 30 years irreversile damage to the earth...name ONE thing per post that you are doing/we could be doing...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

I bought a house about 1/4 mile from the water. I figure if the polar ice caps keep melting, I'll be waterfront in no time
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    I bought a house about 1/4 mile from the water. I figure if the polar ice caps keep melting, I'll be waterfront in no time
    I can see this thread is already taking a turn for the worse...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Since when does a evil neocon like you care about the environment anyways???

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Since when does a evil neocon like you care about the environment anyways???
    Ever see the first Superman movie where Lex Luthor buys soon to be beachfront property in Neveda? That man was obviously not a liberal, and he obviously cared a great deal about the environment...

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

P.S. Even though I started this thread, I still think Michael Stipe is a douchebag and his band sucks.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Here is what I am doing to prevent Global Warming:

I am telling you to shut your yap. The flatulence coming out of your mouth is contributing to global warming, and so you need to shut up to help the environment.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Here is what I am doing to prevent Global Warming:

I am telling you to shut your yap. The flatulence coming out of your mouth is contributing to global warming, and so you need to shut up to help the environment.

FTR, no matter how big a douchebag Michael Stipe is, he will never ever have anything on you my friend, Mr. Lord God King Douchebag.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Michael Stip is irrelevant, goober.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. If anything, the earth is dynamic and always changing.

Do you really think what little ol man does has much affect? I would say the increased volcanic activity has more to do with changing the atmosphere than my two cycle chainsaw does.

roy who?
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2011 @ 03:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This planet has been around for a fucking long time, has been hit by meteors comets and probabaly thousands of ups and downs in climate changes....The planets not going away any time soon, can't say the same about ourselves unfortunately

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. If anything, the earth is dynamic and always changing.

Do you really think what little ol man does has much affect? I would say the increased volcanic activity has more to do with changing the atmosphere than my two cycle chainsaw does.
    Ah, but when you add all the two cycle chainsaws together, and then subtract the oxygen that was generated by the trees that you cut down with those chainsaws, it adds up quick.

DUMMY CONS FEAR ME!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2012 @ 08:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I ride the buses (which in my area largely run on biodiesel) everyday to work. And I dispose of my food waste in a worm bin.

I love how people use the "the earth has been changing for millions..." as an excuse for not giving a shit about the environment.

The Bush Crime Family has opened up our planet to unprecedented levels of industrial pollution. I believe Texas was the most polluted state while he was Governor.

Asthma rates have sky rocketed over the last couple decades.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-16-2009 @ 03:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hmmmm, 30 years ago the media was telling us there was global cooling and that food production would be in serious trouble.

Newsweek Article 1975

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    I can see this thread is already taking a turn for the worse...
    Ain't it grate? I've seen the same phenomenon a bunch of times. You gotta be Kevin Cronin in those instances....roll with the changes and shit.

It's like he was thinking to himself, "goddamn...I ain't Peter Frampton, but I can tuna fish!"

Anyway, Global Warming is a pipe dream fueled by legions of fuckers that smoked hash @ MIT. Oddly enough, alot of 'em listened to brain batter like REM and The Dead Kennedys. I like The Dead Kennedys, and certainly don't fault them for loose association with MIT hash smokers. BUT, they were along for the ride, and Jello just postured for the sake of an imagined manifest destiny.

Back to the initial query.

I'm thinking global and going local. Right here, right now.

There's a thread in MAIN of my own design, that will have motherfuckers' farting healing gases like Mount St. Helens.

Go spew some hate over there!

Atmospheric neosporin.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    11-24-2009 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I've put a lot of money into alt. energy stocks and I'm creating a lot of green in many senses.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by FORD
    Ah, but when you add all the two cycle chainsaws together, and then subtract the oxygen that was generated by the trees that you cut down with those chainsaws, it adds up quick.
    Come to Siberia with me sometime and I will show you there is no shortage of trees. That's all you see from the Trans Siberian railroad for thousands of miles.

Dude, one volcano going off in 1815 put enough aerisol emitions into the atmosphere that it created a mini ice age for sevral years. One volcano. It's in Indonesia and the crater is five fucking miles across.

Just north of where I live is Yellowstone National Park. The largest volcano in the world. The culdera is 30 fucking miles across and could erupt at anytime. The result would be catastrophic and black out the sun for a year. Kiss lots of species and plantlife goodbye.

Not too long ago, they found dead bison in the Norris area of the park. What was happening is some of the geothermal vents were emitting toxic gas that settled into the low areas where the bison were. Yup, nature creates toxic gas as well. The whole park stinks like sulfur and emits sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Gyser water is caustic and will eat the paint off your car.

This being said, I can no longer ride my snowmobile in the park because it emits sulfur emitions.

There once were lots of plants and animals that were here that are no longer here. Go to dinosaur national monument in eastern Utah to see the big lizards that used to run around there. Funny, whole species were wiped out never to return and man wasn't around to blame for it.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

If the volcano at Yellowstone goes off we're all dead, it's apocalypse.

You'll be dead right away and it will take a few weeks before it's all over for the rest of us.

A lot of the usual confusions in this thread. It's not global warming it's climate change. Some places getting warmer can also make somewhere else get much colder. So for example the West coast of the US will fry whilst the East coast gets more and more storms and floods.

For fuck sake you lost a whole city last year and the penny still hasn't dropped...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-07-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-31-2015 @ 07:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I firmly believe we should take care of the environment. It really pisses me off when I see people throwing trash out of their cars. Littering is just wrong. The neighborhood I live in uses recycling bins and everyone participates. As far as this planet goe's I think Mother Earth is at the end of her rope with the human race. It is only a matter of time before a cataclysmic event takes place and we join the dinosours in fossil land.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gotta love the scarcity of liberals taking part in this thread. Tons of threads bitching about the way things are, but when it comes to a thread that invites contributing and building "that better world", where the fuck are y'all???

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-30-2010 @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Seshmeister

For fuck sake you lost a whole city last year and the penny still hasn't dropped...
    A city under sea level in Hurricane Alley with crappy levees. It was a situation bound to happen.

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-30-2010 @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Come to Siberia with me sometime and I will show you there is no shortage of trees. That's all you see from the Trans Siberian railroad for thousands of miles.

Dude, one volcano going off in 1815 put enough aerisol emitions into the atmosphere that it created a mini ice age for sevral years. One volcano. It's in Indonesia and the crater is five fucking miles across.

Just north of where I live is Yellowstone National Park. The largest volcano in the world. The culdera is 30 fucking miles across and could erupt at anytime. The result would be catastrophic and black out the sun for a year. Kiss lots of species and plantlife goodbye.

Not too long ago, they found dead bison in the Norris area of the park. What was happening is some of the geothermal vents were emitting toxic gas that settled into the low areas where the bison were. Yup, nature creates toxic gas as well. The whole park stinks like sulfur and emits sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Gyser water is caustic and will eat the paint off your car.

This being said, I can no longer ride my snowmobile in the park because it emits sulfur emitions.

There once were lots of plants and animals that were here that are no longer here. Go to dinosaur national monument in eastern Utah to see the big lizards that used to run around there. Funny, whole species were wiped out never to return and man wasn't around to blame for it.
    I was waiting for someone to mention the mini ice age.

What we really should start worrying about, instead of sitting and blamming loggers and saving the trees, are the coral reefs. Everyone complains that man is causing the high temperatures in the ocean, but what they fail to realise is that the coral reefs remove all the carbon dioxide and stabilize temperatures in that region. But now they're all dying of the white plague whichs helps spike up temperatures, then hurting the ones that haven't caught the disease yet. But we'll complain about logging, which replants the trees.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey people, it's fishing season!!!!

Time to pull some bass and crappie out of my local lakes.

Gotta keep the fish population down, ya know!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm all for packing my trash out and taking care of the environment but it's gotten rediculouse. We are paying out the ass for energy in the western United States because we can't build new power plants. Nobody wants a coal power plant but what they don't relise is we can build them now with really low emissions and we have the best coal in the world to run them on.

Theres all this talk of running cars on hydrogen. It will never happen without cheap electricity. You can make hydrogen from sea water with electricity but you have to have a lot of it. Coal is the key to the hydrogen problem but no way are we going to do that.

Most environmentalists know nothing about the environment.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Something in the world is going to bite your ass. Pick a problem because theres always a thousand more. Maybe it's the smart people who stay on a constant herion buzz until they kick off on an overdose.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

1)Recycle

2)Save water,shower with a Friend.

3)Ride a Bike to work.

4)Fart Tax.

5)Compost in backyard.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Something in the world is going to bite your ass.
    I'LL SAY!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

I keep my car tuned up and try to use synthetic oils if I'm driving something newer (lowers emissions, increases mileage, and you change it less often)...

I religiously recycle and even pick up litter from fuckers that throw empties out of their cars when I take long walks.

I vote only for candidates that make this an issue.

I support the exploration of alternative fuels such as wind-farms and solar...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I vote only for candidates that make this an issue.

So I guess you didn't vote for Kerry then, since he didn't say three words about it during the 04 campaign?

I support the exploration of alternative fuels such as wind-farms and solar... [/B]
    So I guess you don't have anything good to say about those hypocrites the kennedys who are blocking the buidling of windmills on their beloved Martha's Vineyard b/c it would ruin their precious skyline...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

I'm doing my part by doing nothing other than Lounging......

No heat generated by ME this summer.

Unlees of course, you count my multitude of Air Conditioner Units all set at DEEP FREEZE.

Glad I could help

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It'll still be Rat City, counselor

If you'd gotten off your ass and chased a few more Rural Metro Ambulances you could have afforded Alki Beach like I told you.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2023 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

LMAO!

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    A city under sea level in Hurricane Alley with crappy levees. It was a situation bound to happen.
    That's it in a nutshell. Let's not forget the decades of corrupt Louisiana politicians that funneled levee funding into their own pockets and knew the levees weren't up to F-3 standards. Now Governor 'Blando' and New Orleans Mayor Ray 'Nigin' want 250+ BILLION for the recovery. More money to be improperly used by those shysters.

This is off-topic, but an idea to discuss...As a condition of receiving FEMA financial assistance, make the New Orleanians clean up their own city. The other states hit by Katrina, Rita and Wilma are doing it on their own accord. The N.O. 'pookies' are the only ones bitching incessantly.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: LMAO!

Originally posted by Switch84

This is off-topic, but an idea to discuss...As a condition of receiving FEMA financial assistance, make the New Orleanians clean up their own city. The other states hit by Katrina, Rita and Wilma are doing it on their own accord. The N.O. 'pookies' are the only ones bitching incessantly.

Great idea, however it flies in the face of awarding the No-Bid clean up contracts to Halliburton.

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2012 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    I'm opening my refrigerator a lot of times during the day when seen TV to help liberating cold air to the atmosphere.

In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:35 PM
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    Thanks

I recycle EVERYTHING that I possibly can. I've done that for the past 15 years. My best friend from college days, God rest his soul, was a true liberal and actually inspired me to do it. It's just common sense, really. Why not renew what materials you can?

I also try to limit any unneccassary driving that I can and I don't go much over the speed limit. Again, this stuff is common sense. I'm also thinking about buying a hybrid next time around buying a new car.

All of this said, I do think that global warming is a major exaggeration and should be taken with a grain of salt. Remember, back in the 70's when scientists said that the earth was cooling too fast and that we were headed for another Ice Age?

PS to FORD -

You might have heard about my friend from college? He died back in 1995 in a cave off of Lake Pend Oreille north of Spokane. He was with his wifes' cousin who was the son of Spokanes' city manager. It was big news in the Washington state area. They were deep inside of one of the caves and some rocks shifted and released carbon monoxide and they fell asleep. He was one of my closest friends and I miss him to this very day. It sounds silly, but everytime I recycle I think about him.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...0/ai_n11549010
    Last edited by Roy Munson; 04-10-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

To compensate for Global warming I will be running My air conditioner more.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2018 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If the world really is warming (it's not) man has nothing to do with it. Do you realy think what little pollution we put in the air rivals what naturally goes in the air from things like volcano’s and cow farts?

Look at mount st. Helens, that thing put more pollution in the air at one time than man has in our entire existence.... Earth had no problem cleaning up that mess.

Man has only be industrialized for around 100 years..You realy think in a 100 years that we have hurt what has been here for 5 billion years?

Do you really think that in our 200 years of tracking weather patterns that we have enough information to even gauge if the world is warming? More less to assume that it is mans fault?

As has been said, the earth changes over time, with or without man being here. We have Ice ages and Warmer ages, it's all perfectly normal and there's nothing we can do about it.

The only thing that really concerns me is the rate at which the rain forests are being wiped out. You can't replace the life that is in the rain forests. All the undiscovered species of plant and animals that could lead to cures for diseases are irreplaceable. Sure, you can always plant new trees to provide oxygen to help the environment, but you can never replace all that life.

That said, the people destroying the rain forests really have no choice, it's either clear land to raise cattle or starve to death.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    So I guess you didn't vote for Kerry then, since he didn't say three words about it during the 04 campaign?

Well, I could have voted for the big-oil whore that resides in the White House now continuing the status quo and helping the oil companies bending us over, because of the record profits that motivate them to do little else...

Actually, Kerry led the charge against Arctic drilling, which would have been a drop in the bucket...

So I guess you don't have anything good to say about those hypocrites the kennedys who are blocking the buidling of windmills on their beloved Martha's Vineyard b/c it would ruin their precious skyline...
    They don't have to be built on Martha's Vineyard (have you ever been there? I don't want it despoiled either.) And that windfarm would just solve all our problems anyway...

Say, how's that tax-credit you used to put in your gas tank this year (sucker)....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Say, how's that tax-credit you used to put in your gas tank this year (sucker)....
    I drive a Pria, and I carpool with a neighbor. Not even your buddy FORD could say that.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A "Pria" or Prius?

Because if you're driving Ms. Pria, I'd like to congratulate you...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-10-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Thread Information