What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Veteran
    • Feb 2006

What are YOU doing about Global Warming?

Suddenly, people are paying attention and this inconvenent truth has become a hot topic...

HA!!! Get it? "HOT" Topic! That's good, if I do say so myself...

Anyhoo, if we don't change our ways, there will be, nearly every scientist agrees, in 30 years irreversile damage to the earth...name ONE thing per post that you are doing/we could be doing...
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I bought a house about 1/4 mile from the water. I figure if the polar ice caps keep melting, I'll be waterfront in no time
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Veteran
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      I bought a house about 1/4 mile from the water. I figure if the polar ice caps keep melting, I'll be waterfront in no time
      I can see this thread is already taking a turn for the worse...
      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Since when does a evil neocon like you care about the environment anyways???
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Veteran
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          Since when does a evil neocon like you care about the environment anyways???
          Ever see the first Superman movie where Lex Luthor buys soon to be beachfront property in Neveda? That man was obviously not a liberal, and he obviously cared a great deal about the environment...
          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Veteran
            • Feb 2006

P.S. Even though I started this thread, I still think Michael Stipe is a douchebag and his band sucks.
            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Here is what I am doing to prevent Global Warming:

I am telling you to shut your yap. The flatulence coming out of your mouth is contributing to global warming, and so you need to shut up to help the environment.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Veteran
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Here is what I am doing to prevent Global Warming:

I am telling you to shut your yap. The flatulence coming out of your mouth is contributing to global warming, and so you need to shut up to help the environment.

FTR, no matter how big a douchebag Michael Stipe is, he will never ever have anything on you my friend, Mr. Lord God King Douchebag.
                RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Michael Stip is irrelevant, goober.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. If anything, the earth is dynamic and always changing.

Do you really think what little ol man does has much affect? I would say the increased volcanic activity has more to do with changing the atmosphere than my two cycle chainsaw does.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jcook11
                      Commando
                      • Sep 2004

This planet has been around for a fucking long time, has been hit by meteors comets and probabaly thousands of ups and downs in climate changes....The planets not going away any time soon, can't say the same about ourselves unfortunately

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. If anything, the earth is dynamic and always changing.

Do you really think what little ol man does has much affect? I would say the increased volcanic activity has more to do with changing the atmosphere than my two cycle chainsaw does.
                        Ah, but when you add all the two cycle chainsaws together, and then subtract the oxygen that was generated by the trees that you cut down with those chainsaws, it adds up quick.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

I ride the buses (which in my area largely run on biodiesel) everyday to work. And I dispose of my food waste in a worm bin.

I love how people use the "the earth has been changing for millions..." as an excuse for not giving a shit about the environment.

The Bush Crime Family has opened up our planet to unprecedented levels of industrial pollution. I believe Texas was the most polluted state while he was Governor.

Asthma rates have sky rocketed over the last couple decades.
                          Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Lincoln
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2004

Hmmmm, 30 years ago the media was telling us there was global cooling and that food production would be in serious trouble.

Newsweek Article 1975
                            http://debatepolicy.com

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I can see this thread is already taking a turn for the worse...
                              Ain't it grate? I've seen the same phenomenon a bunch of times. You gotta be Kevin Cronin in those instances....roll with the changes and shit.

It's like he was thinking to himself, "goddamn...I ain't Peter Frampton, but I can tuna fish!"

Anyway, Global Warming is a pipe dream fueled by legions of fuckers that smoked hash @ MIT. Oddly enough, alot of 'em listened to brain batter like REM and The Dead Kennedys. I like The Dead Kennedys, and certainly don't fault them for loose association with MIT hash smokers. BUT, they were along for the ride, and Jello just postured for the sake of an imagined manifest destiny.

Back to the initial query.

I'm thinking global and going local. Right here, right now.

There's a thread in MAIN of my own design, that will have motherfuckers' farting healing gases like Mount St. Helens.

Go spew some hate over there!

Atmospheric neosporin.

Comment

Working...