The Top 100 most influental people in VH message board history.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

LMAO!
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

one of the most controversial threads was the Rhode Island Great White bar fire.... I met alot of people in that thread. In fact, I do believe that is where we met.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

personally...Icon hit the nail on the head when he said timing was everything...

new folk have no fucking clue who most of us are who were here in '96...or on the VHML...or who started at Brett's, the Army, the PD or Vonnie's site...

So obviously...their lists of who "influenced them" would be vastly different...

Your definition of "influence" varies as well...

who gives a fuck...

just throw down a list...or comment on this one...or don't...

try and define it...or don't...

IT'S JUST FOR FUCKING FUN...lmfao...

Why did WARF do it?

trust me when I say this...but if you think he sat down...and though...hmmm...let's put together a list that can be analyzed by the great minds of the world to look at and celebrate...

you are wrong...and don't have a clue about what WARF is all about...

what more or less happened...is the guy got a new conmputer...and decided it was time to make a top 100 list over the span of 2 or 3 days...and turned into a day of no sleep...many beers...probably some sort of illegal substance, the "who's online" and member list...

and a couple of psychotherapy sessions...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WARF
          LMAO!!!
          You ranked 20 slots higher than me if that helps!
          You think um' funny?

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

BTW, I'm happy to be on the list at all...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-12-2006, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Man Sesh...YOU ARE OBSESSED about this star deal...and popularity contest.

Like I said in my post...

My top 5 would be greatly altered if it weren't MY LIST...

I looked at who shaped this site first and foremost...which is why SARGE, Icon and BS1 were top 3 on my list...not a popularity contest...simply a fact...

So they may agree with you...but they'd be wrong.

I went with Grant #3 as my first "outsider" on my list because EVERYONE went to his site every day before any of these sites were even thought about...

Brett #4 because he was the first real influential message board...

Von #5...back to the insiders...and first to branch out and create a SUCCESSFUL website...not including that free deal that many wanted to keep open...but I absolutely wanted to be a temp board until the Army came back up...and also influenced a great many posters on this board.

I'd also have Daveman and thatartguy up in the top 20...and they aren't factors in this site whatsoever now...but certainly had something to do with what this site became...
            I made #8 in your list anyhoo since you thought I was Panama for most of 2003 or was it 2002 who cares...?

I'm just shooting the shit as ever. Warf's thread was about influence not DLR Army loyalty whatever that means...

The star thing I'm not obsessed with at all but I do think it sucks.

In a very minor way because it means nothing.

I do find it a bit fucking sad when when I see posts that say 'I've just given you 5* for that post bro, gimme a reach around...)'

Kind of the antithesis to what I thought this was all about but as I've said totally minor on my radar.

Conmee is as you know the 'wingman' at both our sites as the only one that actually would know how to fix a difficult tech problem but the thread was about influence not on who you would rely on to find you a hot girl in Sao Paulo.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm actually proving Warf wrong here because I'm a little drunk and not being funny.

Damn...

Please ignore everything I've posted tonight, I'm just bored and arguing for the hell of it...again

Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-12-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

FIGS...he's a DM, a DARK JUDGE & A quality Kat...and a damn good musician

Rev...he's the fucking man.....He turned the Army onto CHAS 'n' DAVE

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                  one of the most controversial threads was the Rhode Island Great White bar fire.... I met alot of people in that thread. In fact, I do believe that is where we met.
                  If not THE most.

Is Slapnuts on the list?

If he isn't, he oughta be.

I remember reading the title of that thread and thinking to myself, "self, this is some funny shit....you're laughing so hard that you haven't even cuntsidered how pissed off, or pissed on people are likely to get. SELF! ARE YOU DONE LAUGHING? Alright, get in there and do your worst....and REMEMBER......it's just a message board."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I hate the 'I'll shoot you 5's' as much as the next guy...

but Icon's posts at the Links...and initially here at the Army were as "influential" as anyones...

and the fact that he is a wingman...behind the scenes or not...is pretty influential...lmfao...even though he could give a shit less at this point...

Posters can be as influential as anyone else...

It's like looking at professional leagues...let's look at European football...

Your owners and managers would certainly be in the top ten influence...but so would the players...who I'd rate as posters at these sites...

and just because a "player" retires...doesn't kill their influence...because inevitably...there's a whole roost of people that play the way they did...

if that makes any sense...

which is why...more or less...FORD and some others would be top 10 or 20...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Indeed.

Time for me to pass out I think...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Without the people that post news in main or the silly shit in the dump, this place wouldn't exist. I put those people on my list.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa

I remember reading the title of that thread and thinking to myself, "self, this is some funny shit....you're laughing so hard that you haven't even cuntsidered how pissed off, or pissed on people are likely to get. SELF! ARE YOU DONE LAUGHING? Alright, get in there and do your worst....and REMEMBER......it's just a message board."
                          ALOT of people were upset. Sure was entertaining. Not the fire of course, I wasn't there so I cant say if it was either way...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            #5--Von Halen--This guy is probably THE biggest Roth fan I know...period.
                            No one likes Van Halen more than PA Rental!
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Then you don't know Von...

Comment

• Master_Thespian
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Dec 2005

What? No "Master Thespian" in this list? It must be the work of Baudelaire!

Comment

Working...