The Top 100 most influental people in VH message board history.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Without the people that post news in main or the silly shit in the dump, this place wouldn't exist. I put those people on my list.
    In the end, it's the sum of the whole. Every idiot, every troll, every alias. The innuendos', the birthdays, the mammaries.

I consider myself a part of the whatever percentage (probably 25) above.

The other 75 percent of the whole are the people who were here long before me.

When I say "here", I mean the whole ball of wax....links, Slawterhouses, Pleasure Domes.....

I'd like to thank each and every one of them for enabling the "HERE AND NOW."

Thank you.

Comment

• flappo
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

i'm sure i must have posted SOMETHING aboot cvh/dlr in the last 4 years

maybe not

oh well , who gives a toss anyway ?

Comment

• Brett
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
        The first banned was whatthi in July 2000... before hitch was a member.
        Watthi was probably the first person banned from any web site....I still to this day, 6 or so years later have no fucking idea who he was or if he later became someone else.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

IMO Grant at the VHND should be #1 in terms of influence, he ran the best site for years, and covered the whole Dave/Sam thing in '96 incredibly. I think people really forget that, and most people who are going to read this weren't even around then. I mean he was working night and day, posting anything and everything he could about the situation, the level of dedication he had at that point was unreal. The work he did back then on the VHND is legendary, and beyond that, he's just a real friendly guy.

When I started Links back in '99, he promoted the hell out of it when he certainly didn't have to, and its immediate growth really was aided by him helping get the word out.

I think the day he stepped down from doing the VHND was truly a dark day for the VH web community...but how can anyone blame him, there's very little to talk about.

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Another for the record moment: I was only banned from one site, ever... and that was the old Warner Brothers site... for agreeing with FORD... after he was banned... lmao.... christ that was what? EIGHT OR NINE YEARS AGO already?!?!?!

Shortly after the Gary Cherone debacle, that site when tits up.

I bumped into some old timers when I first hit up Slawterhouse in 1996 with Dave's "Eddie Did It" Fax or whatever... I went from having a hard on about a reunion to not fully realizing that Gary Cherone, How Many Say I, Mitch Malloy, Sammy Again, Hands Fell Off The Clock a reunion is INEVITABLE ups and downs of psychological distress before finally giving up on the whole damn dream... lmao

Not to mention Brown flirting with Corene and SlawterhouseBug philosophizing...

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. Don't forget that I am a benefactor of Hitchworld1969 and handed the reigns of that domain over to hitch once he got halfway sober and through divorce court in one piece about 4 years ago or however long it's been now...
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Corene I remember that chick on the old Slawterhouse lounge.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I read somewhere the great Warfstradamus actually predicted this thread some 500 years ago......
                Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                  IMO Grant at the VHND should be #1 in terms of influence, he ran the best site for years, and covered the whole Dave/Sam thing in '96 incredibly. I think people really forget that, and most people who are going to read this weren't even around then. I mean he was working night and day, posting anything and everything he could about the situation, the level of dedication he had at that point was unreal. The work he did back then on the VHND is legendary, and beyond that, he's just a real friendly guy.

When I started Links back in '99, he promoted the hell out of it when he certainly didn't have to, and its immediate growth really was aided by him helping get the word out.

I think the day he stepped down from doing the VHND was truly a dark day for the VH web community...but how can anyone blame him, there's very little to talk about.
                  True dat.

Reading The VHND 'tis actually how I found both The Army and The Links. I used to stop there everyday.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

IMO Grant at the VHND should be #1 in terms of influence,
                    WRONG

Brett you magnificently ignorant glutton; in promoting Classic VH alongside Van Hagar he was the ANTITHESIS of influence!

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I agree with this. Any and every Van Halen fan on in the internet back in the 90's was checking the VHND first thing they got online, and many sites patterned their whole schtick around a similar premise, but were unsuccessful.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Then you don't know Von...
                        It was a joke because of his sig.

Biggest fan...knows the most...it's all subjective. There's a lot of us here who've been fans since the beginning...and are still here 28 years later.
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I think that the 2000 reunion fiasco killed alot of fans' hopes for any chance of a VH reunion, and thus killed their interest in posting on any VH message boards, which is probably why some of these people are missing. Sure, the fans could endure through III, but not another reunion chance gone down the shitter. If Ed had sobered up, who knows what the landscape would look like now.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

This thread made me laugh so hard.

My Fuckin Uterus Fell Out.

OH !

Comment

• Carmine
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                              Where's Carmine? Surprised he's off the list.

WARF gave me honorable mention.

right between Danny Bonaduci and David Hasselhoff.

:p

Comment

• Roy Munson
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

I cunt believe I didn't even make the top 200.
                                Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I guess you're right...

Comment

Working...