Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking DLR has lost it!

It's true.
    Nothing else needs to be said.
    His career can't even begin to touch Sammy Hagar's career.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Banned
    S'TAN

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Let DICK figure that out...LMAO @ the incompetency!
    Status
    Very very sad. Why did Dave have to lose it??? Why was he once so good and natural, and now so sucky??? How come all the bands/people that were once so good suck so bad now????

Very sad, however very true......

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: DLR has lost it!

Originally posted by General Hina
    It's true.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    Quite simply, one of the most dumbest statements I have ever read on this or any board, ever. Your age says 44, when did you discover rock music, the late '90's?

Can't even begin? What about a devout Sammy fan posting over and over at a Dave site, bashing him?

You crave the attention, you are a lonely, desperate power ballad weirdo who has no other contact with rational humans.

Back it up with some facts.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's true.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    Wait a fucking second. Dave's career cant ever begin to touch Fagar's? Even you know better than that. Sammy's "career" is that he was mediocre solo artist who lucked into a good job, and had success with a pre-established band.

If dave had never done anything at all after 1984 (and his first couple of solo abums sold way better than any of spammy's solo shit) his career would still be way more relevant than sammy's. Dave and real VH are legendary, Spammy's VH is secondary.

BURKRUPTION
    WHY DO YOU GUYS EVEN RESPOND TO GENEROUS HERPES!!!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    exactly. gen hina I thought we were gonna debate. not take jabs? cheap shots wont get a response from me. if you want to seriously debate, then cool. but if your gonna be silly and give out childish banters than have fun without me.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It's true.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    You just lost all the credibility you never had.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nah. Dave never lost it. It's still intact and coming to a local venue near you soon. Has been steadily since 1999. More than can be said for some of his former bandmates.

Yeah, yeah, his voice isn't exactly the same as it was 20 years ago, and he has less hair, and he doesn't jump quite as often (and maybe not as high), but the essence of what he does never went anywhere.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Rubnose
    It's true.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

For some reason people can't admit they love Dave. They get to Google and type in DLR even though they want to go to a Sammy site. It is a phenomenon.

Sammy fans come here for some unexplained reason.

I have never posted on a Sammy forums site. And I like Sammy. But I want to see "The Man" back in VH. So I come here.

So why be a downer here? A dick with no friends is all I can figure.

Me Wise Magician
    Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Hiney, WHERE'S THE BEEF??

PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Pied piper of poontang!!!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is it General Hina or General Hiney? Either way you seem alittle queer to me. General Hiney likes it in the ass from Major Phil McCrackin.
    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    sam fans come here because they want to see what the real party is about while they are not invited...and it's like dave said...they are a little upset, because they know we are better than them...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

pardo
    Well, you either like Dave or you don't. He has a very strong personality - that always forces people to pick a side of the fence. I happen to think he's brilliant.

Then you have someone like Sammie who wants to fit in soooooo badly. I've never seen such a middle of the road "rock star" in a band as big as Van Halen ever. Maybe he's trying to be everyones friend so he can peddle more hair conditioner?

I'll take conviction over ho humness any day!

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It's true.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    What career?

Game Over and Out Of Beer,
    Coyote.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is an artists cross in life to be misunderstood. The great artists are never appreciated until they are dead anyway. Who cares what Van Halen did with Davie or with Spammy, or without either of them for that matter. That was 20 years ago. Today if the first day of the rest of our lives; the only day that matters; and today is all any of us have. It is not that David is losing/has lost it. The problem is that the memory of greatness does not bring much satisfaction. As far as history goes, he is not the forefather of rock, nor is he a forerunner. They played some great tunes. But that was a long time ago. It is the act of acheiving that matters. Van Halen is over for him. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW DAVID? Dave has pissed away some great opportunities because he wants to maintain that bad boy, image. Image is not everything. It really isnt anything at all. Its substenacne that counts. It is never to late to show what you are made of. Were you just lucky with Van Halen, or do you still have what it takes. That is what he needs to be asking himself.
    "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, when your career is over and your STILL pulling down 7 figures...then you can open your pie hole.

Now, back to flippin them burgers and burnin the fries...Yeah, I want fries with that, bitch!
    Here's a quarter tip so you can save up for a clue.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by Cathedral
    Hey, when your career is over and your STILL pulling down 7 figures...then you can open your pie hole.

Now, back to flippin them burgers and burnin the fries...Yeah, I want fries with that, bitch!
    Here's a quarter tip so you can save up for a clue.
    LOL Nice.

If Dave's career is so over and washed up, then why in the fuck is he still touring the world? Why is there forums dedicated to the toastmaster general? He didn't lose a thing. If anything VH lost it. And it was Dave.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Amen to that BT.....
    Van Halen is like a bus doing 80 with no driver, just some idiot in the back talking about how he'd drive it.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALinChainz
    Quite simply, one of the most dumbest statements I have ever read on this or any board, ever.

Actually the dumbest statement ever made on this or any board is the use of the term"most dumbest"!! Come on learn english.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    exactly. gen hina I thought we were gonna debate. not take jabs? cheap shots wont get a response from me. if you want to seriously debate, then cool. but if your gonna be silly and give out childish banters than have fun without me.
    I tried to debate with you but instead of debating my topic you brought up another topic within your post. then a few threads later you were right back to bashing me so I've moved on. This thread is up for debate if you want to tell me how DLR has not lost it over recent years. He lost me when he released YFLM which was the follow up to my favorite Dave solo CD ALAE. ALEA rocked and I had such high hopes that DLR could remain viable in rock'n'roll. Instead he chooses to have his next CD produced by Nile Rodgers!?! He's a fine producer for Duran Duran and Madonna but face it he's a dance music producer. ALAE was produced by Bob "fuckin'" Rock. Rock is a guy with balls who has worked with so man rock acts including Metallica. that's the kind of guy DLR should have continued to work with not Nile Rodgers. Now am I wrong on this too? I know the typical response is Dave does what dave wants to do, and yes that is true BUT YFLM was a mistake and DLR never fully bounced back from it as he was then dropped from Warner Brothers records. Do I want DLR to make a great rock record again...YES. Would I have accepted Dave in VH...YES. Unfortunately he's not there. Bottom line (for me) I love VH and I even gave Gary a chance. I thought that some young blood would give that band a shot in the arm but obviously Eddie was definitely calling the shots on VHIII. Ed's choice of producer, Mike Post, to me is the same mistake DLR made with Nile Rodgers. Okay, in closing I still feel DLR has lost it in the year 2004. Can he get it back? Maybe. it would be great to see DLR come back strong and prove me wrong.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

FUTURE PRESIDENT
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar fans piss me off... they're totally hopeless to reason with. Vote Nader. Viva DLR!

-Ralph
    www.votenader.org

A VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICANS OR DEMOCRATS IS A VOTE FOR DUOPOLY-BASED CORRUPTION!

VOTE NADER INSTEAD!!!

beto
    if it wasn't for van halen, hagar would be nothing.dave is a true rock & roll icon.daves music with van halen will live forever.still today roth
    is at the top of his game. okay hagars in van halen today.but he will
    never be what dlr was in van halen the front man . roth rules

you just can't compare.
    sammy fag hagar please

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Coyote
    What career?

Game Over and Out Of Beer,
    Coyote.
    Dude come on. What career? Since 1974 sammy has released 2 Montrose CDs, followed by 9 Solo CDs (these are prior to joing VH. 8 studio CDs and a live CD), he then joins VH and with Dave gone that is a TOUGH ACT to follow. 5150 is released and is a success, then a new solo CD is released, then 4 more VH CDs 3 studio and one live. Since leaving VH Sammy has released 4 studio CDs, a live CD and 2 DVDs. He's also started a tequila company and 2 nightclubs (these last 3 don't really count as his career in music but he's making investments with his $$)

So, can you really say what career? Dave left VH in 1985 and has released only 7 CDs in 20 years and one of them is a covers CD. Of the other 6 one is a best of. You can't compare the two when it comes to producing original music. I know you'll say Sammy's stuff sucks and that's fine but wouldn't you have loved if DLR had released as much music as Sammy has over the years? I think you would.

Later,
    General Hina

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude come on. What career? Since 1974 sammy has released 2 Montrose CDs, followed by 9 Solo CDs (these are prior to joing VH. 8 studio CDs and a live CD), he then joins VH and with Dave gone that is a TOUGH ACT to follow. 5150 is released and is a success, then a new solo CD is released, then 4 more VH CDs 3 studio and one live. Since leaving VH Sammy has released 4 studio CDs, a live CD and 2 DVDs. He's also started a tequila company and 2 nightclubs (these last 3 don't really count as his career in music but he's making investments with his $$)

So, can you really say what career? Dave left VH in 1985 and has released only 7 CDs in 20 years and one of them is a covers CD. Of the other 6 one is a best of. You can't compare the two when it comes to producing original music. I know you'll say Sammy's stuff sucks and that's fine but wouldn't you have loved if DLR had released as much music as Sammy has over the years? I think you would.

Later,
    General Hina
    I'm not saying Sammys SOLO+Montrose stuff sucks (never heard it so why should I criticize it), I'm sayin' that his tenure with Van Halen sucks.

Over the hills and Out of sight,
    Coyote.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do I want DLR to make a great rock record again...YES. Would I have accepted Dave in VH...YES. Unfortunately he's not there. Bottom line (for me) I love VH and I even gave Gary a chance. I thought that some young blood would give that band a shot in the arm but obviously Eddie was definitely calling the shots on VHIII. Ed's choice of producer, Mike Post, to me is the same mistake DLR made with Nile Rodgers. Okay, in closing I still feel DLR has lost it in the year 2004. Can he get it back? Maybe. it would be great to see DLR come back strong and prove me wrong.
    "I like Dave... but I would rather listen to Love Song Sammy and bash Dave here". You, L.S.D, and tvjou812, whatever the fuck, are all here craving the attention you can't seem to garner at the Spammy sites.

Bullshit. Why would you post this crap if you wanted to see Dave succeed. Fact is that you wouldn't even be here if it were Dave back in VH and not Sammy.

Fact is, Sammy's last album, that LIVE piece of shit he did was poorly mixed and produced and did not even chart. Nada.

Diamond Dave made #18 on the Independent Label chart.

A cry for help. Get OVER yourself, and get the hell OUT.

Hypocrite.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I tried to debate with you but instead of debating my topic you brought up another topic within your post. then a few threads later you were right back to bashing me so I've moved on. This thread is up for debate if you want to tell me how DLR has not lost it over recent years. He lost me when he released YFLM which was the follow up to my favorite Dave solo CD ALAE. ALEA rocked and I had such high hopes that DLR could remain viable in rock'n'roll. Instead he chooses to have his next CD produced by Nile Rodgers!?! He's a fine producer for Duran Duran and Madonna but face it he's a dance music producer. ALAE was produced by Bob "fuckin'" Rock. Rock is a guy with balls who has worked with so man rock acts including Metallica. that's the kind of guy DLR should have continued to work with not Nile Rodgers. Now am I wrong on this too? I know the typical response is Dave does what dave wants to do, and yes that is true BUT YFLM was a mistake and DLR never fully bounced back from it as he was then dropped from Warner Brothers records. Do I want DLR to make a great rock record again...YES. Would I have accepted Dave in VH...YES. Unfortunately he's not there. Bottom line (for me) I love VH and I even gave Gary a chance. I thought that some young blood would give that band a shot in the arm but obviously Eddie was definitely calling the shots on VHIII. Ed's choice of producer, Mike Post, to me is the same mistake DLR made with Nile Rodgers. Okay, in closing I still feel DLR has lost it in the year 2004. Can he get it back? Maybe. it would be great to see DLR come back strong and prove me wrong.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    I agree with 90% of what you said. (believe it or not) Dave made a mistake with Nile Rodgers, granted.But Im just saying the mistake was what? Not doing the same thing he's been doing over and over? Not every album will be EEAS or ALAE. I actualy liked YFLM. (with the exception of a few)
    The other part I find hard to believe in your staement is that you actualy gave Gary a chance? Seriously? Dude that guy was set up to fail, big time. I dont like Sammy very much, but I do know even Gary is crap next to Hagar.
    And again, I liked "some" solo Hagar shit. Im talking late 70's early(very early) 80's. The stuff right before I cant drive 55. I like 20th century man, I like Cruisin' and Boozin'. I like Red. Its the Sam in VH that I just can't like. Or even tolerate. 5150 was just ok, (except for all the balleds) and after that it was the shits. You cant deny that.
    Dave in 2004 is much better than Dave in 2000. I believe Dave is havinf fun, entertaining the masses and getting in "ring" shape for a reunion with VH in 2005 or 2006, when VH is tired of Sam. Thats my belief. Im not saying Dave is just as good vocally as he was in 84. That would be silly. Although a few will disagree with me here on that. They are in denial. This debate is who is better, Dave or Sam. I say Dave. But in reality we are comparing Horsehit to Ice Cream. Its not the same food group. Know what I mean.

PS I hated Montrose. Ugh. Dont know why. Just rubbed me wrong.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If anybody's lost it, I'd say Spammy has. I doubt this tour is going to go as well as everybody has thought.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No thats for sure. Sammy has slowed down just as much as Dave has. And if you disagree, than your foolin' yourself. Dave is ageing the way a man should. Greying out, thinning out. Distinguished looking. (maybe minus the spandex, he should prob think about jeans now)
    But Sam is older, with poodle like hair, gay sun glasses, capri pants and sandals? I dunno. Id rather see Dave rejoin the group and give the fans what they want. Classic rock n roll.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    wow...seriously...great post!

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I agree with 90% of what you said. (believe it or not) Dave made a mistake with Nile Rodgers, granted.But Im just saying the mistake was what? Not doing the same thing he's been doing over and over? Not every album will be EEAS or ALAE. I actualy liked YFLM. (with the exception of a few)
    The other part I find hard to believe in your staement is that you actualy gave Gary a chance? Seriously? Dude that guy was set up to fail, big time. I dont like Sammy very much, but I do know even Gary is crap next to Hagar.
    And again, I liked "some" solo Hagar shit. Im talking late 70's early(very early) 80's. The stuff right before I cant drive 55. I like 20th century man, I like Cruisin' and Boozin'. I like Red. Its the Sam in VH that I just can't like. Or even tolerate. 5150 was just ok, (except for all the balleds) and after that it was the shits. You cant deny that.
    Dave in 2004 is much better than Dave in 2000. I believe Dave is havinf fun, entertaining the masses and getting in "ring" shape for a reunion with VH in 2005 or 2006, when VH is tired of Sam. Thats my belief. Im not saying Dave is just as good vocally as he was in 84. That would be silly. Although a few will disagree with me here on that. They are in denial. This debate is who is better, Dave or Sam. I say Dave. But in reality we are comparing Horsehit to Ice Cream. Its not the same food group. Know what I mean.

PS I hated Montrose. Ugh. Dont know why. Just rubbed me wrong.
    Great post and if/when VH is done with Sammy I will be the first one to buy a Dave/VH reunion ticket.

Very cool,
    General Hina

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah general Hina is slowly starting to act more mature.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great post and if/when VH is done with Sammy I will be the first one to buy a Dave/VH reunion ticket.

Very cool,
    General Hina
    Change that when to an if, and we may as well shake hands here.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But seriously it is so much more nice to debate the actual facts to a persons reasonings for likes and dislikes regarding Spam and Dave, as opposed to fireing back and forth with cheap shots.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well just one more for old time sake.

Hey look, it's Robert Plant with a camel toe.

seriously man. I think he has a pussy there.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ever seen a nebula from the galaxy of mouthbreathernexius attack a retard's head during karaoke at a fat farm?

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Since leaving VH Sammy has released 4 studio CDs, a live CD and 2 DVDs. He's also started a tequila company and 2 nightclubs (these last 3 don't really count as his career in music but he's making investments with his $$)
    All that shit going for Sammy, and he's still fucking broke.

Poor lil piglet.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    .. I will be the first one to buy a Dave/VH reunion ticket.
    I'm kinda looking for the part in your post where you say "I'll be the LAST person in any line selling Van Hagar tickets" and I' can't find it.

Help me out here, Hiney.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Slammy Gaygar
    Wait a fucking second. Dave's career cant ever begin to touch Fagar's? Even you know better than that. Sammy's "career" is that he was mediocre solo artist who lucked into a good job, and had success with a pre-established band.

If dave had never done anything at all after 1984 (and his first couple of solo abums sold way better than any of spammy's solo shit) his career would still be way more relevant than sammy's. Dave and real VH are legendary, Spammy's VH is secondary.

You said it all.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WORD!
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't feel Dave has "lost it." Actually, I think if anything, he has improved. I was terribly worried about him after his infamous "Letterman" appearance. That scared the shit out of me.

Dave is intelligent and with that comes his being eccentric. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Now pride, is something the Van Halens and Dave both have issues with.

Like Marcellas Wallace said, "Fuck pride."
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Thread Information