Thread: I'm glad he's fired!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I'm glad he's fired!

It was painful listening to his show for more than 10 minutes a day.
    I'm sorta glad he got shitcanned from cbs.
    I was also getting tired of listening to all the bad reviews as well.
    The whole fucking thing was a nightmare from the very beginning... he was put into a situation he could not win.... tryin' to fill the shoes of Howard Stern... he was sorta like Gary Cherone to Van Halen.... tryin' to fill in Diamond Daves shoes to a certain extent!
    Thank- god this is over... yeah he was okay for someone who has no experience... but I found his radio show extremely boring and sometimes tedious... like having a tooth removed at the dentist office!!!

This is great fucking news.

Now I hope we will get some new music from the DLR Band... or maybe even a Van Halen reunion!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    if it wasnt for the fact that you have been a dedicated fan in the army for so long i would call sheep on this . its close to blasphemous
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    but you are right about this opens it up for dave to do music stuff now

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Redballjets88
    if it wasnt for the fact that you have been a dedicated fan in the army for so long i would call sheep on this . its close to blasphemous
    Oh yeah... i'm gonna lie... the show was fucking INCREDIBLE!!
    Everyday... I ran to my car... to listen to cookbook recipes being exchanged!!! LOL

Dude, I listened to the show several times... couldn't get into...
    Except one time... when I was wasted.

Yeah... im sorry.. I wanna watch DLR waste away the final good years of his lfe... in a fucking studio talking about Nick & Jessica Simpson's breakup.... instead of him making new music.... and doing what he does best... FUCKING BEING A FRONTMAN!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe the Chevy Chase show will come back as well.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm sorta' glad it's over too...

I wished Dave could have succeeded at this, but it was way too much. I just hope he gets a severance payday of at least part of his contract, and then comes out and makes new music...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    C'mon man... I love Dave... he's very entertaining to listen to...

But he can't interview a person to save his life...

He rambles and rambles and rambles... and never let's any of his guests speak...

And he switches topics faster than it takes a JACK RABBIT TO FUCK!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hope he goes into the studio now.
    I want ONE more classic album before he dies!!!
    JUST ONE!!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    EAT EM AND SMILE REUNION!!! FALL 2006!!!!

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by WARF
    Oh yeah... i'm gonna lie... the show was fucking INCREDIBLE!!
    Everyday... I ran to my car... to listen to cookbook recipes being exchanged!!! LOL

Dude, I listened to the show several times... couldn't get into...
    Except one time... when I was wasted.

Yeah... im sorry.. I wanna watch DLR waste away the final good years of his lfe... in a fucking studio talking about Nick & Jessica Simpson's breakup.... instead of him making new music.... and doing what he does best... FUCKING BEING A FRONTMAN!!!

yeah thats true. to each his own. and i respect that bc i know your arent a sheep and what you say isnt any bit of bashing .

roth on warf

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unfortunately Dave will not do any new music until he has the closure of a VH reunion. He made this clear.

If anything would change his mind, I think it would be having some success with the Strummin' With the Devil stuff; and I really don't care to see him go country beyond this little side track.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PHOENIX
    EAT EM AND SMILE REUNION!!! FALL 2006!!!!
    Where is TMR?
    Maybe his crystal ball knows the answers!

Banned
    Gunnery Sgt. of Sound
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hope he goes into the studio now.
    I want ONE more classic album before he dies!!!
    JUST ONE!!!
    This always gets me talking to the ******s like I own them. What a horseshoe head, all optimistic and traditionally pollyanna. DUDE.

Grow up hella right NOW.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ahh...yes...TMR...

Yo WARF...I think I was the ONLY ONE WHO COULD LOOK IN THE CRYSTAL BALL...and actually see...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by Redballjets88
    Bullshit!!!

I enjoyed the odd few minutes of the radio show, but Dave belongs

on stage fronting a band!!!

I don't care much for Stern, but Warf's comparison of Dave

replacing Stern, to Ga_y replacing Dave is bang on.

Blasphemous??? Nah....just honest.

Banned
    Gunnery Sgt. of Sound
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Post Right idea, NG, so now, 20 years after the 'brownout,' what would YOU do, for SUM?

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Unfortunately Dave will not do any new music until he has the closure of a VH reunion. He made this clear.

If anything would change his mind, I think it would be having some success with the Strummin' With the Devil stuff; and I really don't care to see him go country beyond this little side track.
    IF YOU HAD THE MIND DIRECTED TOWARD PRODUCTION, TOWARD DIRECTION OF PRODUCTIVE ASSETS, YOU would be a business-bitch.

Northern Girl? If you had the MIND. For BUSINESS. And the TIME.

We can wait all night for the smart Chinese girls to get here. Or that amazing Mori chick from AbFab. But NG, if YOU feel smart one morning why don't YOU try out for the bizness team?
    Last edited by bobgnote; 04-22-2006 at 05:08 PM.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

He rambles and rambles and rambles... and never let's any of his guests speak...

I wouldn't say that, I called a few weeks ago about objecting to some prior caller suggesting that we should draft illegals and Dave let me have my 2 cents. I also enjoyed the interview he did with the general in charge of overseeing Abu Garib.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was going great up until the day after the last Miami show. Right when CBS started to micro-manage everything. How the fuck you can micro-manage creative elements when you've never done entertainment is beyond me. It's like telling Dave that he should get vocal lessons.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave has his weaknesses, but CBS fucked him and led him down the garden path with virtually no support as well...

They should have contractually forced him to take a weekend, night gig and syndicated it firstly to get him some more experience, possibly even sent him to a broadcasting school to take a few courses on the tech side of things. They knew about Stern for months, even years out, but hoped they really didn't have to work with a replacement to get some of the ratings back...

If they felt Dave was going to be "uncooperative," they should have found that out long before handing him the gig... That being said, Dave could have worked at things a little more (leaving right after the show? WTF?) instead of just expecting the pieces to fall into place.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    meh.... I got to phone in and talk to him 4 times. The last call was the most special as the station was playing loops and I got to talk to him off air for a few...

Im sure he is going to be just fine. He'll prolly get half of his full year paid without having to file suit. He'll promote the "Strummin'" cd and do a swing of summer dates. I doubt we'll see VH again. I doubt even more we'll see EEAS Band again. Id like to see him make some good coin off this cd, his next, do some dates and write another book. I also think he might get an offer from Sirius as well. Hell, everyone is doin' it!
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This whole clusterfuck is a textbook example of how corporate consolidation has ruined radio, among several other industries. If corporate radio had existed in the late 70's, Howard Stern would have never built an audience either.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm going to agree with WARF that this will hopefully lead to Dave getting some music out to us and doing a tour. Fronting a band is certainly how I want to see Dave.

However, I was also very happy to hear him every day on the radio and I'll miss hearing what he has to say on such a variety of subjects. Was radio where he was meant to be? Probably not and he was absolutely put into a situation where failure was the most likely outcome. I'm glad, as a fan, that I got a chance to see/hear a different side to Dave, a side I'd only previously been acquainted with from his book. I didn't agree with every position he took but I was happy to hear where he stood on many topics. His interviewing skills could certainly have used some tweaking but that would have come with time. CBS was too focussed on seeing immediate results and really didn't give Dave's original show, not the post Miami horror, enough support and time to evolve.

Any Dave was better than none. I think we should all be glad that he got a chance again to be in the spotlight, regardless of how brief and the eventual outcome.

I don't think there's much chance of a CVH reunion, despite how much I'd like to see it. I'm going to look forward a little to the bluegrass stuff coming out soon but my biggest hope is that he releases more solo work with B-Young and the gang.

M

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Right idea, NG, so now, 20 years after the 'brownout,' what would YOU do, for SUM?

Originally posted by bobgnote
    IF YOU HAD THE MIND DIRECTED TOWARD PRODUCTION, TOWARD DIRECTION OF PRODUCTIVE ASSETS, YOU would be a business-bitch.

Northern Girl? If you had the MIND. For BUSINESS. And the TIME.

We can wait all night for the smart Chinese girls to get here. Or that amazing Mori chick from AbFab. But NG, if YOU feel smart one morning why don't YOU try out for the bizness team?
    I bet I get an entry in your journal now.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WARF, Perhaps It was because that Dave used to many polysyllabic words that were too closely enunciated and you could not keep up, and follow the thread that ran through the madness (defined as the creative use of the intellect), or follow Dave when an abstract or generic idea was put forth. My remedy would be to re-listen to the pod-cast show in intermittent fragments, say 5 minutes, take a break and repeat. This may change your opinion on the show. Dave`s show compellled my attention, barring the strippers and the news, I heard some great new music , went to see movies I would not have seen, and finally, learned something new routinely from Dave or a guest. Dave was outstanding !!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    With the exception of the bullshit way that he was fired, this is the best thing. Dave's not a radio guy. He gave it a shot. Dave has to have a stage where he can let loose and see the fans. He needs to PERFORM.

All they wanted him to do at CBS was be their monkey and scapegoat, and he wouldn't do it.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

the new disease
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Homburg
    WARF, Perhaps It was because that Dave used to many polysyllabic words that were too closely enunciated and you could not keep up, and follow the thread that ran through the madness (defined as the creative use of the intellect), or follow Dave when an abstract or generic idea was put forth. My remedy would be to re-listen to the pod-cast show in intermittent fragments, say 5 minutes, take a break and repeat. This may change your opinion on the show. Dave`s show compellled my attention, barring the strippers and the news, I heard some great new music , went to see movies I would not have seen, and finally, learned something new routinely from Dave or a guest. Dave was outstanding !!
    Homberg here is exactly the reason why dave's show sucked balls . Dave likes to hear himself talk . When he uses big words and sounds smart , he likes that even better . Listening to an egomaniac fall deeper in love with himself for 4 hours a day was not compelling radio . He would ask a guest a question , and from Dave's reply to the guests' answer , it came across like Dave wasn't even listening . He rambled about shit no one cared about , play that God awful fuckin noise he's releasing as music these days , and laughed at his own jokes when nobody else did .It was a steaming pile no diiferent than the Magic Hour , and was rightfully terminated . I'm a big VH fan , but it turns out I don't really like Dave at all . So maybe his show wasn't totally useless after all . I at least learned DLR is a talentless windbag .

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: I'm glad he's fired!

The whole fucking thing was a nightmare from the very beginning... he was put into a situation he could not win.... tryin' to fill the shoes of Howard Stern... This is great fucking news.

Now I hope we will get some new music from the DLR Band... or maybe even a Van Halen reunion!!
    Yeah, the bad reviews were getting annoying, but I think Dave did quite well on the air. It was earthy but it was fresh, and Dave was finding his groove. What did CBS expect? The guy had virtually ZERO experience coming into this gig. Dave was obviously a patsy for CBS; an expendable stand-in until they could figure out just how they were going to deal with Howard Stern's departure.

Oh well... It was fun while it lasted.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by JoeM80
    Homosexuality here is exactly the reason why I like to suck balls . I likes to hear myself talk . When my boyfriend uses big words and sounds smart , I likes that even better . Listening to an analmaniac fall deeper in love with my ass for 4 hours a day was compelling faggotry . I rambled about shit no one cares about , play that God awful fuckin noise Hagar's releasing as music these days , and laughed at my own jokes when nobody else did .It was a steaming pile no diiferent than my mother's bloated corpse , and was rightfully terminated . I'm a big Richard Simmons fan , but it turns out I don't really like girls at all . So maybe his show wasn't totally useless after all . I at least learned I'm a talentless ballbag .
    Get some therapy then, buttplug!

guwapo_rocker
    Homberg here is exactly the reason why dave's show sucked balls . Dave likes to hear himself talk . When he uses big words and sounds smart , he likes that even better . Listening to an egomaniac fall deeper in love with himself for 4 hours a day was not compelling radio . He would ask a guest a question , and from Dave's reply to the guests' answer , it came across like Dave wasn't even listening . He rambled about shit no one cared about , play that God awful fuckin noise he's releasing as music these days , and laughed at his own jokes when nobody else did .It was a steaming pile no diiferent than the Magic Hour , and was rightfully terminated . I'm a big VH fan , but it turns out I don't really like Dave at all . So maybe his show wasn't totally useless after all . I at least learned DLR is a talentless windbag .
    Oooo signed up today.........what a surprise!!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bobgnote
    This always gets me talking to the ******s like I own them. What a horseshoe head, all optimistic and traditionally pollyanna. DUDE.

Grow up hella right NOW.
    What kinda drugs are you indulging in BobG ?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now here is a Brainless-Tard who likes to read his own rhetoric...Can BobG address this moron and put him in check?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bantonelli
    What kinda drugs are you indulging in BobG ?

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave has since at least 85, maybe, while in VH, a Sole proprietorship
    S-Corp type entity, setting the tone and schedule for his life,

Trump like, in charge, CEO, Head Honcho, Big Kahuna, Boss Man, the Big Cheese, Omnipresent Entity of Extreme Control.

and after years of being the boss it's hard to work for some-body
    listen to criticism from non knowing yes-men of the middle mngmt team produce a sub-standard product because the Company sais
    this is where you will be so the bottom line is more important than
    the show or the content or the final product.

as-in lest put out a substandard product so we can make money
    and fuk the consumer.

Dave should buy some radio time on sirrus or the internet and
    -Own The Show- if he wants to do Radio ....then there will be no-
    question who or what is sinking or swimming.

Radio is not what it was in the fifties and sixties you can't make a difference.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The whole fucking thing was a nightmare from the very beginning... he was put into a situation he could not win.... tryin' to fill the shoes of Howard Stern... he was sorta like Gary Cherone to Van Halen.... tryin' to fill in Diamond Daves shoes to a certain extent!
    Thank- god this is over... yeah he was okay for someone who has no experience... but I found his radio show extremely boring and sometimes tedious... like having a tooth removed at the dentist office!!!

This is great fucking news.

Well Said. No one can replace DLR, and noone can replace Howard Stern.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is not a radio host...He is a frontman

The greatest frontman of all time period.....

now he needs to do what he does best

make great fucking music
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hell yeah!
    Get in the fucking studio!!!
    Who cares about a boring radio show???

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, CBS just had a failed rationale from the beginning if they expected Dave to come in and produce Stern-like ratings, so in the end they got what they deserved.

I give Dave credit for trying something new, and it took a degree of balls to even try and step into the crater that Stern left behind and hope to fill it (I never cared for Stern myself, but I do realize he had a large following and similar sized ratings for what he was doing).

CBS just came across like a bunch of chickenshits for not hanging in there with Dave, but the bottom line for them was the ratings stunk, and that's what brings in the ad dollars.

It did display a lack of employer loyalty on the part of CBS to treat Dave the way they did, although Roth publicly grumbling about it didn't help, either.

I personally didn't want the show to take off huge because I don't want Dave to be stuck behind a desk waxing lyrical over todays's non-talented celebs, either. It's a waste of what Dave does best to hear him commenting on the same kind of tripe you can hear hundreds of other morning jocks talking about all over the country.

Bottom line is Dave should be making killer music and hitting the road to entertain live. It's what he's best at, and what I hope he resumes now that CBS is in the rearview mirror. If Drunkboy and his neckbraced brother wanna grab Hot Sauce Man (if they can pry his lips off of Hagar's ass, that is) and hit the road with him, that's fine, too.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, CBS just had a failed rationale from the beginning if they expected Dave to come in and produce Stern-like ratings, so in the end they got what they deserved.

I give Dave credit for trying something new, and it took a degree of balls to even try and step into the crater that Stern left behind and hope to fill it (I never cared for Stern myself, but I do realize he had a large following and similar sized ratings for what he was doing).

CBS just came across like a bunch of chickenshits for not hanging in there with Dave, but the bottom line for them was the ratings stunk, and that's what brings in the ad dollars.

It did display a lack of employer loyalty on the part of CBS to treat Dave the way they did, although Roth publicly grumbling about it didn't help, either.

I personally didn't want the show to take off huge because I don't want Dave to be stuck behind a desk waxing lyrical over todays's non-talented celebs, either. It's a waste of what Dave does best to hear him commenting on the same kind of tripe you can hear hundreds of other morning jocks talking about all over the country.

Bottom line is Dave should be making killer music and hitting the road to entertain live. It's what he's best at, and what I hope he resumes now that CBS is in the rearview mirror. If Drunkboy and his neckbraced brother wanna grab Hot Sauce Man (if they can pry his lips off of Hagar's ass, that is) and hit the road with him, that's fine, too.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave just isn't a corporate clone. That's why he got canned. To be honest, I hated hearing the callers calling in telling Dave CBS was analy raping him and Dave was justifying the rape because he worked hard to be in the position to get raped and spent his own money on studio equipment.

The whole time Dave was being reamed by CBS and the always critical entertainment press, Howard Stern was cringing knowing what kind of tunnel of rape Dave was about to sail through.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I listened to the show regularly, Dave was intelligent and articulate, no doubts about that.
    CBS is missing out on a true original here, but that's their loss and it's kinda cool that Dave had a few months of his own show. He pulled it off just fine, but is obviously meant for beter things.....like a VH tour 2007!

Thread Information