Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loons The Great
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

The mighty, mighty Lincoln Durham & Casey Reeves !!

Ballad Of A Prodigal Son - Lincoln Durham live in St. Louie, Louie 2.13.14

Mud Puddles - Lincoln Durham live in the Lou 2/13/14

Love Letters - Lincoln Durham live in St. Louis, MO

new song - Lincoln Durham live at Blueberry Hill

Livin' This Hard - Lincoln Durham February 13, 2014

"Armed with old bastardized mid-century guitars, hand-me-down fiddles and banjos, home-made contraptions with just enough tension on a string to be considered an instrument and any random percussive item he can get his hands or feet on, Lincoln Durham is a roots-rock revivalist with a heavy amped edge, preaching the gospel of some new kind of depraved music. With driving guttural beats backboning various growling stringed instruments Lincoln gives birth to a sound that transcends genres with his dark, poetic and raw writing style telling tales that E.A. Poe would have been proud of.

Lincoln’s musical odyssey began in the little Texas town of Itasca when his grandpa, Charlie, and dad, Ed, put a fiddle in his hands at age 4. He would grow into an accomplished fiddle player around Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, winning the Texas State Youth Fiddle Championship at age 10. Lincoln afterward followed the path so many musicians have, finding his vice in the seductive, siren-like callings of the electric guitar. Or, in Lincoln’s case, the acoustic slide guitar with gnarly pickups haphazardly screwed into it.

Lincoln’s true biography is in his live show. The passion in his sweat drenched, electrifyingly mesmerizing one-man-band show draws you in to feel every scar and drop of blood in his painfully intimate lyrics. It takes something beautifully “off” to get on stage with just hands and feet for a band, driven by a howling voice, and morbidly preach a music that harkens back to the old blues masters, Son House and Fred McDowell, infused with the edge and angst of Tom Waits and Nick Cave."

"Happiness...happiness is for boring people!!"--Lincoln Durham

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

open.spotify.com/artist/3ve1Zs4E36t1Hs08wQpZjO‎
    Casey Reeves performs LIVE at The Vault, in Farmington, Missouri on July 27th, 2011.Check out The Vault at facebook.comt/thevault204aOr In Person at 204 S. ...
    Last edited by Loons The Great; 02-18-2014, 02:26 PM. Reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZOR-MUJRg&list=PLF200B75B521B3E48&feature=share&index=1
    Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
    I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• Loons The Great
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Live Performance with Mike Love + The Beach Boys. Beverly Hilton Hotel. Los Angeles. 20th February 2014.

David Lee Roth - California Girls

Live Performance with Mike Love + The Beach Boys. Beverly Hilton Hotel. Los Angeles. 20th February 2014.

Comment

• Loons The Great
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Loons The Great
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ei32FDTCPsM

David Lee Roth - California Girls

Who says Roth can't play nice with others and actually jam live in front of ...

You got me dreamin', brother!!

This version includes the benediction....

The way I correlate Dave — there’s a similarity almost to the way Stevie Nicks writes. Stevie writes over barre lines and her verses continue over where you think they would go to this section, but they don’t. She’s like a poet. Stevie writes poems, and Dave writes in a very similar way, where he’s going over sections of songs so it’s not cookie-cutter. Analytically, when you break it down as a songwriter, the way Dave writes sometimes is outside the box, or as he says, it’s “off book.” He has these parameters, and he bends and morphs them to accommodate his ideas, not only melodically but lyrically as well. That’s hard to do, especially in a context of the material he’s working off of. It’s more beat poetry or jazz; it’s more that kind of thing. It’s more R&B.

Dave thinks outside of the box. To see that process was to see what he goes through to create that. He goes through his process trying to find melodies and counterpoints. What I came away with was the brilliance of Dave, which is like the brilliance of Eddie, but in a completely different way, but they complement each other, and then the brilliance of Alex and Wolf.--Producer John Shanks

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Long time no see Loons, great to see you back posting and kicking!

Thanks a lot for the vid - Dave is obviously having a damn good time there with some of his music heroes.

But does he really need to sing so high? The octave just below would have done right IMHO.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Loons The Great
            Groupie
            • Jan 2012

This slays! 'Nuff said!

G L O R I A (Them cover)/Magic Bus (The Who cover)
            Van Halen live in Grand Rapids, MI 6.2.2008

The DLR Band - Shoo Bop acoustical live in 2003

David Lee Roth - I've Just Seen A Face acoustical 1988

Greg Bissonette interview

1995 Vegas promo David Lee Roth

Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy live in '75 Midnight Special

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

This slays! 'Nuff said!

G L O R I A (Them cover)/Magic Bus (The Who cover)
              Van Halen live in Grand Rapids, MI 6.2.2008
              Now THAT was thee Tour... *yez yez yez*...

Cheerz!

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 03-14-2014, 04:48 AM.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Loons The Great
                Groupie
                • Jan 2012

Ride shotgun with hosts Jeff Konkel and Roger Stolle as they travel Mississippi’s back roads in search of juke joints, house parties, moonshine and the musicians who keep this uniquely American art form alive. Weekly episodes will stream for FREE online.

Sent from Yakima with moves like Jagger!

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

This slays! 'Nuff said!

Van Halen @ Grand Rapids 6-2-08 "Wolfgang booty call"
                  It's great stage rap. Then TheKiD™ goes back to the tour bus after the show to have a juice box and a nap.

Comment

Working...