Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Spammy's Van Hagar actually sold out any shows yet ??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    Here you go cum sucker.....

POLLSTAR TOP 50

List updated every Friday.
    Last Week This Week Artist Power
    Index

2 1 Van Halen 1.000
    2 John Mayer .512
    3 3 Prince .502
    4 Phil Collins .493
    1 5 Madonna .480
    5 6 Aerosmith .350
    7 7 Metallica .309
    4 8 Dave Matthews Band .295
    9 David Byrne .285
    9 10 Eric Clapton .284
    10 11 Eagles .283
    12 Chicago / Earth, Wind & Fire .250
    8 13 Jimmy Buffett .248
    16 14 Josh Groban .245
    13 15 Britney Spears .241
    15 16 Pixies .235
    14 17 Bob Dylan .233
    11 18 Incubus .211
    19 Nickelback .209
    17 20 No Doubt / blink-182 .201
    12 21 Rush .200
    22 Dave Chappelle .190
    20 23 Radiohead .184
    22 24 Kenny Chesney .183
    25 Morrissey .177
    29 26 The Allman Brothers Band .174
    27 27 The Moody Blues .173
    18 28 "Projekt Revolution" .169
    19 29 Fleetwood Mac .160
    23 30 Paul McCartney .159
    25 31 "Vans Warped Tour '04" .158
    6 32 Tim McGraw .157
    26 33 David Bowie .156
    45 34 A Perfect Circle .155
    35 35 Michael Buble .154
    21 36 Sting .144
    37 Tony Bennett .139
    30 38 "Ozzfest 2004" .126
    39 The Dead .125
    28 40 Ben Folds .124
    41 My Morning Jacket .119
    33 42 Dashboard Confessional .115
    53 43 Journey .106
    44 Maroon5 .105
    45 The Flaming Lips .104
    39 46 The Strokes .103
    51 47 Kenny Wayne Shepherd .102
    37 48 Red Hot Chili Peppers .099
    34 49 Christina Aguilera .098

HAHAHHAHAHAAA, where are the dave sales? When he played here they were giving away 2 free drink tix with every $15 dollar ticket. Fuck off, seriously, these shows will sell out, for most shows they are only selling behind the stage. You cant deal with it. Its fact. Go to any show on ticketmaster and look whats left for solo nights or the first nights of 2. VAN HALEN #1 AGAIN, W/ OUT ROTH.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Keep crying like you hvae been doing for 20 years, we are moving on........BITCHES!!!

You are not too quick on the uptake are you. So I will say it again. Who gives a fuck if Van Hagar has sold more than John mayer for two weeks running ? They still havent sold out their shows.

And what is it with you Hagar fans that you must engage in these debates with some form of homosexual conotation thrown in ? Cum Guzzler ?? Do you Hagar fans always think of other men in this way??

Fuck off and get back to me when this tour is a sell out, idiot.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For one thing, Roth's not on tour. Also, what were the numbers for the Sam and Dave tour? When was the last time Sam did an arena tour w/out Van Halen?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    Why don't you wait until um ONE show happens first before you declare something a failure. I mean at the very least, let the thing happen. There is no basis at all for your comments two months before the first show date. It's just plain bitterness, and for who knows why. It's not going to change your life one way or the other if it does well or not. And of course it will do well silly.

And yes, how did the VH shows with Gary sell down there?
    Good Morning Brenty Brents (Or Evening as is probably your case).
    Actually this thread was inspired by the likes of LSD proclaiming the tour as a huge success. When I started looking into ticketmaster I noticed tix available for all shows (except the one you pointed out for me). To me thats not a huge success. Im sure they will sell out a few shows, and it will be interesting to see just how many. If I was Van Hagar management I would have hoped for a more excited reaction than what they are getting. All those other acts on the LSD poll are established acts doing routine tours. This is meant to be the big fucking reunion ala The Eagles etc... Im sure you get my point.

As for Cherone, Im not sure on the exact figures, I guess I could find out. All I remember is that most of the shows were reported as being very much less than full, and the media at the time kinda joked about
    it. I know that myself and other Van Halen fans (that I know persoanlly) had no interest in seeing it. If I am to believe the Radio media it was deemed a failure. Keep in mind I think Van Halen has a big enough fan base in Australia that if they did the reunion thing
    properly, it would be succssful here.

By the way, is Van Hagar officially touting this as "The Reunion Tour" or is it just the Hagar fans that have adopted this ?

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam has had trouble selling tickets in 500 seaters here in the Bay Area which is supposed to be one his strongholds.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's actually the afternoon Marky Mark, but close enough.

Why do you assume the reaction isn't good? They've added multiple dates in several cities, and they are topping Pollstar which lists top tours. (it's not a BS list btw, have no idea where you guys got that from. Pollstar is well respected in tracking concert sales). I'm not understanding why you say it's going poorly? Because they haven't sold out all 37 announced dates 2-4 months before the actual shows? And like I told you yesterday, NONE of the California shows are even on sale to the general public yet. No I don't get your point, not in the slightest bit. I'd say the response has been pretty damn good. Let's figure 37 dates and 20,000 per venue is like 750,000 tickets to sell. That's a lot of fucking tickets to be 100% sold out of in less than two weeks, I don't care who the band is. And nobody is getting good seats in a lot of the venues that went on sale first, so you know they're pretty full. Behind the stage, next to the stage, those are BAD seats, end of story.

I have no idea what they are touting this tour as. Sam played with the band for 10 years. He left. Now he's back 8 years later. I'd say that's a "reunion" by any definition. Maybe not the one you want, but a reunion nonetheless.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-22-2004 at 07:30 PM.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    Ok dude maybe not keyboard solos....but how many songs open with a fucking intro that doesnt include a fucking guitar. All bullshit aside, Do you like the fact that Eddie's balls were cut off in Van Hagar?!
    first of all ed hasnt been playing alot of keyboards since ou812.
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sam has had trouble selling tickets in 500 seaters here in the Bay Area which is supposed to be one his strongholds.
    Yeah and Dave has the same troubles too. Hell there were tickets for his New Year's Eve show at the House Of Blues on Sunset available three days before the gig.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok dude maybe not keyboard solos....but how many songs open with a fucking intro that doesnt include a fucking guitar.
    Ok let me think. Keyboards only, no guitar at all? Hmmm...

Opening of "Dreams" has acoustic guitar and keys.
    "Why Can't This Be Love" has guitar chugging on the "C" and keys.

Well "Jump" and "I'll Wait" start with keys only. Technically so is "...And The Cradle Will Rock." Throw "1984" in there too, and let's not forgot "Sunday Afternoon In The Park."

"When It's Love" is all keys.
    "Love Walks In" is all keys.
    "Feels So Good" all keys.
    "Right Now" is piano.
    "Not Enough" is piano.

Don't care enough about VH 3 to answer this for that album.

So I count 5 from the DLR era, and 5 from the Sam years. Now I'm doing this all from memory, I may have forgotten a few.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    did any1 4get dave had a keyboard player in his band when he just up and left vh

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was just looking at the Greensboro seeating. Isn't 128 like on the side of the stage? Those have to be shit seats man. And the cheaper ones are in Section 208, that's like behind the fucking stage. Why would you even want to sit behind the stage?
    I know, it does appear to be like that Brett, I was just as skeptical when we got the Aerosmith/KISS tickets....

But once we got there, we saw the ramp leading right up to us, we saw the entire stage (albeit at an angle), and as I said, saw all of the behind the stage activity, which was pretty damn interesting IMO....

Just a guess, but they may very well have platforms, a 'la 1984 tour, that will lead right up to those sections.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Panamark

And what is it with you Hagar fans that you must engage in these debates with some form of homosexual conotation thrown in ? Cum Guzzler ?? Do you Hagar fans always think of other men in this way??
    I think they call it flirting.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Why do you assume the reaction isn't good? They've added multiple dates in several cities, and they are topping Pollstar which lists top tours. (it's not a BS list btw, have no idea where you guys got that from. Pollstar is well respected in tracking concert sales). I'm not understanding why you say it's going poorly? Because they haven't sold out all 37 announced dates 2-4 months before the actual shows? And like I told you yesterday, NONE of the California shows are even on sale to the general public yet. No I don't get your point, not in the slightest bit. I'd say the response has been pretty damn good. Let's figure 37 dates and 20,000 per venue is like 750,000 tickets to sell. That's a lot of fucking tickets to be 100% sold out of in less than two weeks, I don't care who the band is. And nobody is getting good seats in a lot of the venues that went on sale first, so you know they're pretty full. Behind the stage, next to the stage, those are BAD seats, end of story.

I have no idea what they are touting this tour as. Sam played with the band for 10 years. He left. Now he's back 8 years later. I'd say that's a "reunion" by any definition. Maybe not the one you want, but a reunion nonetheless.
    "A Reunion" but definately not "The Reunion".

How did similar reunions go in the USA, were there tix still available for The Eagles, weeks after being on sale ?? Just curious...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have no idea, I hate the Eagles.

Catfish
    Hey, Brett you don't like the Eagles?

YOU?

LMAO! What's the fucking difference between the Eagles and Van Hagar? They're both pussy bands posing as rock bands!

Catfish
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    He sold out the All State Arena in CHicago 2 months ago when my girlfriend went and scalped her tix for $75 a pop.
    What? He popped your girlfriend for $75? NICE!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok Cat. I don't like the Eagles. Sorry you think I should.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Eagles are not one of my favorites either, but Im trying to think of recent "Reunions" on the same level as Van Hagar, and how they fared comparitively with ticket sales. The Eagles and Kiss sprang to mind. I wonder if they still had plenty of seats available after weeks of ticket sales ?? Did the Eagles opening show not sell out after weeks of available tickets ?
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why would they add second dates if they didn't sell out the first day? I know they added a second date for NJ. I'm not going and I'm not defending this shitty reunion, just asking a question. I find it strange that none the radio stations, at least in the NY area, are talking about this tour. You hear more classic VH stuff on the radio then ever before.

As a goof I think Dave should follow the tour around setting up a stage in the parking lot of each arena to play original VH songs.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have to ask someone who gives a shit about the Eagles, I wouldn't have the foggiest.

Catfish
    Originally posted by Panamark
    The Eagles are not one of my favorites either, but Im trying to think of recent "Reunions" on the same level as Van Hagar, and how they fared comparitively with ticket sales.

Bro, there is NOTHING reunion about Van Hagar.

Catfish
    Have to ask someone who gives a shit about the Eagles, I wouldn't have the foggiest.
    Yes you would!

They're the same band now. Pussy lead singer. Pussy love songs. Yuppie rock chords. All about the money.

Come on bro! Yer no fun anymore!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whatever you say Cat.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Eagles were a great band and great songwriters. Obviously you have no taste in music.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    how can you say the eagles are good, maybe if your 60, other than that they suck

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

They are outselling John Mayer, Prince, Metallica (St. Anger sucks and has been out awhile now), Aerosmith (a shell of the band they were) and who else ... Dave Matthews? Madonna? That's going well?

I hardly call that an accomplishment.

And if it were Dave back in the band, I believe those dates would be sold out, no question.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What do you call it then, a failure? They're ahead of every band on tour now, and that's a failure? Ok dude, whatever you say. The logic in the arguments you guys are putting out there is truly frightening.

You may not like those acts, but they pack arenas. Dave Matthews is pretty fucking big. And unfortunately tools still go see Metallica too and Aeroshit. It is an accomplishment to be ahead by a wide margin of every touring act right now.

For the ten millionth time, where have I ever debated ticket sales would be massive with Dave?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People here will never accept it as a success because it doesn't have Dave. There's always the "but it would be bigger with Dave so it's not a success" element, no matter how many shows they do, no matter how many concerts, no matter how many albums.

Van Hagar's records all went platinum, all went #1, but Van Hagar was a failure because it didn't have DLR.

It's a waste of time trying to convince people otherwise because most of them, no matter how rational they claim to be, refuse to accept anything other than the idea Van Hagar is a complete and utter failure.

In their minds, everyone at the Links loves Van Hagar (or they'd be here) and everyone in the world that likes Van Hagar is registered at the Links, so all the Linkers must be buying all the tickets to inflate the sales and make it look like they might be succeeding (but remember, they really aren't).

Oh yeah, and you must be gay to like Van Hagar, or anything with EVH without DLR.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know what...who gives a flying fuck about sales...

If you don't like Hagar...don't go to the fucking show...I'm not...so I don't give a shit whether they sell out the Shamanzo Musical Fag Festival...or fucking Wembley...

success...no success...it's all relative...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PHOENIX
    The Eagles were a great band and great songwriters. Obviously you have no taste in music.
    every musician was good in that band

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    U Suck. And you are nowhere near as clever as u think u r.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dr. Love
    People here will never accept it as a success because it doesn't have Dave. There's always the "but it would be bigger with Dave so it's not a success" element, no matter how many shows they do, no matter how many concerts, no matter how many albums.

Van Hagar's records all went platinum, all went #1, but Van Hagar was a failure because it didn't have DLR.

It's a waste of time trying to convince people otherwise because most of them, no matter how rational they claim to be, refuse to accept anything other than the idea Van Hagar is a complete and utter failure.

In their minds, everyone at the Links loves Van Hagar (or they'd be here) and everyone in the world that likes Van Hagar is registered at the Links, so all the Linkers must be buying all the tickets to inflate the sales and make it look like they might be succeeding (but remember, they really aren't).

Oh yeah, and you must be gay to like Van Hagar, or anything with EVH without DLR.
    damn right...it's a second choice band with a second choice replacement singer playing second choice music in second choice venues (instead of stadiums) for second choice fans...

you ask for tolerating other opinions or linkers here? no, sir...this is called "roth army" and I gentely spell it for you again "R O T H - A R M Y" not "roth-sunday-school" not "why-don't-we-hug-each-other-and-suck-each-others-dicks-army"...this means "zero-tolerance" for spamsters...

I don't give a shit if this tour is a success or not. the fail? fine... they sell out? fine... it's not the band I'm here for...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never said they weren't good musicians or good songwriters. I said I don't like them.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by tjvhou812
    and once the new music comes out shows will sell faster
    only if it creates exposure to newer people/kids.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    reminder:they appreciate van hagar.

take it easy

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Oh yeah, and you must be gay to like Van Hagar

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I find the multiple references to gayness in this thread hilarious. Let me throw out an image for ya: I love to shake my ass all over the stage, rub my chest hair and tits, grab my crotch, and then squeeze my big black wireless mic right to my chin. Oh, and I'm not Madonna - Who am I. Some guys are fucking closet dwellers around here...

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by itsabouttime
    I find the multiple references to gayness in this thread hilarious. Let me throw out an image for ya: I love to shake my ass all over the stage, rub my chest hair and tits, grab my crotch, and then squeeze my big black wireless mic right to my chin. Oh, and I'm not Madonna - Who am I. Some guys are fucking closet dwellers around here...
    and you would know

you little bone-shelter you.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, somebody's gay here peter.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by itsabouttime
    Yeah, somebody's gay here peter.
    DON'T LOOK AT ME MISSY.

I slap the shit out of bitches.

and aspiring bitches, like yourself

and when you're man enough to stand up and piss.

bring your shit back.

for now, take yourself and your perversions of poetry and go somewhere and play nice.

oh yeah,
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!
    Last edited by pete; 04-24-2004 at 05:48 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is this code for 'Im a real man' ?? Seriously, this is a road you'll have to go down youself.

Thread Information