Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you think Dave will eventually rejoin Van Halen?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-28-2018 @ 01:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up How many of you think Dave will eventually rejoin Van Halen?

Sadly, I feel that this will never be. One of the reasons is that I feel his voice just isn't the same. If you listen to his music, post EEAS and Skyscraper you can tell his singing changed. He no longer screamed or yelled like he used to. What do the rest of you think? Try to put some thought into it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

I feel it. I know it, smell it breathe it everyday. It's pretty much already happened. It's all a matter of a wee bit of time to go through.
    Prob next year. You claim Dave's voice just isn't the same? No band members are the same as they were. I think those traits would compliment each other. Its the perfect piece to the VH puzzle. I think dave could still hold his own voice wise. Im sure he wont scream in all the songs the way he used to, but he wouldn't really need to. He wouldn't need to do any drum kit jumps either. 90% of any reunion is just the show. People wont go to see a Roth Van halen reunion to see if they can keep up. They will go to live the old days of good rock n roll. Which Im sure the crowds would barely hear anyways, because they will be louder than the band. example: US Fest.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good goddamn answer Big Troubles.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

It's more likely now than a year ago.

Still pretty unlikely though.

Cheers!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2005 @ 04:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think the pesonal relationship between Dave and the rest of the band is too shaky for it to happen

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

I think it will take Sam Fagar ruining this tour to open up Ed's eyes and call dave, and say "Sorry man, I dont know what the fuck I was thinking bringing in that fat turd. Would you like to make some music? Like the old days?" I believe that is exactly what Dave needs to hear to for any kind of real reunion to happen.

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who let this assmuncher onto this site? "Sadly" you are a dumbass and all of your dumbass thread wreak of a Hagar fan constantly questioning Dave but supporting that drunk rag Ed (or is it Edward or maybe Eddie?). Here is a "thought" - eat me. Dave's voice is not as good as it was? Get your head out of your ass and use your ears.

Oh, I almost forgot: eat me

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Roth's voice has changed, but so has Ed's songwriting style. It's not like Ed and Co have been churning out the same high octane rock and roll since Dave left.

1996 was such a great window of opportunity for classic Van Halen to reconvene. Don't know if the circumstances that prefaced that aborted reunion attempt will ever come to pass again.

Seems like it's really up to the sisters if Roth will come back. Never really understood why the 2000 shindig never came off. Mike can moan about how much he doesn't like Dave, like he did in 1996, but you know he'd jump at a classic reunion in a heartbeat.

Thinking about the music that ended up on Van Halen 3, and then reflecting on the DLR Band, I don't even know if Dave and Ed have the same goals in terms of musical content anymore. The two tracks on the Best Of Vol 1 seemed like basically Van Hagar leftovers that Dave put lyrics to, and there were supposedly 20 to 30 songs according to Ed and Al that Roth had to sift through before he could find something he liked.

Dave is up for a reunion. He makes no bones about it. Ed's just had control of the band for too long now to loosen his grip on the wheel.

If they do get back together, they should write all the tunes without outside songwriter interference (no Desmond Child penned Bon Bovi-style pussy rock) and record them with an outside producer (am I alone in thinking Ted Templeman got the best sound out of those guys?), and not at 5150, cause the records produced there sound fucking awful (1984 included). If those conditions are met, then everyone gets a say and it isn't Eddie and Al dictating the terms in their backyard.

See, with Roth back in the band, the focus is shifted so it's not exclusively on Eddie, both onstage and in the media.

Comes down to ego in the end, and Eddie has shown that he's got an ego that's easily as big as Dave's when it comes to leadership of the band.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree with him. Dave's voice isn't obviously gonna sound like it did in 84, or even 90 for that matter. But most important thing to note is, nobody sounds the same as 20 years ago. Robert Plant. Eric Clapton. Mick Jagger. Everybody ages. And voices age along with bodies. But Dave on a shitty day is still much better than Sam on his best.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

yeah good call R.K.S
    judging from that last radio interview we heard,
    i hope ed's in re-hab 'right now'
    or he will fuck the hagar tour up all by himself.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

so maybe bring in Bob Rock to help with a Roth reunion? Hey it worked for Metallica. They would need one person to listen to. And everyone needs to have an equal say.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

good call B.T. bro!!
    man he made that little aint enough album sound pretty good!!!
    frankly though i think it would be up to dave to decide whether to cop more shit
    from the sisters, and would his pride allow it? i wouldn't blame him if he said 'thanx, but no thanx.'

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, Ed can have the authority to order the beer. Alex can make sure everyone is stocked with sunglasses in a perfectly well lit room. Michael can be sure to check that his thumb is tightly fit between his own buttocks (every hour on the hour).

DAVE CAN HANDLE THE MUSIC

Is that equal responsibility for the new album?

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2015 @ 11:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

It will happen. It is just a question of money. And time.

Loaded LikeAFreightTrain
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2009 @ 10:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

5150 studio needs to be burned to the ground. It puts ed in charge. Ed thinks van halen is his band now. He needs to come to an epiffiny that his tone and playing hasn't improved since he started making albums there it has declined to a bore just like Sammy's Voice. He has no Idea how cool he used to be. He hates the fact that Dave brought out his Coolness and Greatness. Dave made eddie van halen cool in fact the coolest as guitarist go. If you talk to someone about kick ass guitarist Eddie Van Hagar never gets Mentioned it's Eddie Van Halen. Ed owes a reunioun to Roth because he made it all possible the original van halen is missed. Dave is in shape for it. Ed needs to go back to the guy he used to be and stop havin' these gay ideas 'like he probably thinks he used to be dave's bitch, well if your gonna be a bitch, cause you really seem like one now, be Dave's. Any great guitarist should appreciate the oppurtunity.

TMR
    Originally posted by cwsmith17
    Sadly, I feel that this will never be. One of the reasons is that I feel his voice just isn't the same. If you listen to his music, post EEAS and Skyscraper you can tell his singing changed. He no longer screamed or yelled like he used to. What do the rest of you think? Try to put some thought into it.
    One loser post after another, Do you honestyly believe that VH won't make it to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame???

When they do, no matter what, ROTH will be there! And I know that for sure!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Who cares if VH gets into that politically-correct ridiculous lame ass rock and roll and hall of fame? If that's what it's going to take for Dave and VH to play together, then it definitely wasn't meant to be.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Brett
    Who cares if VH gets into that politically-correct ridiculous lame ass rock and roll and hall of fame? If that's what it's going to take for Dave and VH to play together, then it definitely wasn't meant to be.
    simply put, if they are all indeed inducted (obducted for Sammy ) then this will mark another mile stone. In 96 even Ed couldn't get over the standing ovation. Maybe once they are together again, they will see it's meant to be...again. Either way, I will take the original 4 any way I can!

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

it will happen. whether it be the HOF or a one off to feel that glory again which ed knows will never be felt with sammy , it will happen!

ed craves the attention no matter what some might think. if he didnt he wouldnt make a big fuss about dave. he will want to feel that again and the reunion will happen in some shape or form.

if dave didnt piss ed off this all would not be talked about and they would be ruling the world. ed wanted it but dave pissed him off.

Wayne L.
    I don't think there will be another VH/DLR reunion like the debacle back in 96 because the personal & professional animosity between Eddie & Dave is too strong even though there could be a possible one night live performance in the near future of the original Van Halen!!!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think they would've split anyways, whether Dave pissed Ed off or not. Dave wanted a new direction, and Im sure as hell Ed and the boys weren't going to follow that route. (Cali girls/gigalo, Vegas stint/all cover cd) But you are right, sooner or later Ed will cave in to the one big demand. Whether its for money or not. The fans are crying for a Dave reunion. Somebody will offer a ton of cash for them to reunite.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and btw, for the spammy fans out there. If you have winmx, type in Van Halen, and see what comes up. 90% is Dave tunes. What does that tell you?

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

word bro!

the more people cry for dave though the more ed doesnt want it, I think.

ya know ? the more you try and feed a kid brocoli the more the kid is not gonna want it or will hate it even more.

still i think the once great band will come together. ed knows dave would do it anytime so he will when he is ready. this sammy think is a joke and roth army should not have acknowledged it as a reunion cause this is no reunion. to call it a reunion is a joke. both partys have nothing going on so they have reformed. nobody cares. if it were dave each show would sell out overnight and they woul be playing multiple shows in most cities!

wake up ed! dont you think you have tarnished the VH name enough. VHIII you didnt learn your lesson ?

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

FUCK Edward Van Halen and his Band of Mis-Shits...................

Roth doesn't need their bullshit anymore than we need a new Van Hagar album.
    The fact that they dissed Dave and brought back that cheese eating fool after all this time is a total slap in Dave's face. not to mention the loyal fans that supported their rise to fame in the beginning.

Spammy rode on Daves coat-tails in the 80's and he's trying to ride them again now.
    I'm sure Dave would do it in a heartbeat though because the man has enough class to want to re-fire the stove for one last go at it.

If you listen to Daves interviews he isn't about going back and doing what they used to do, he simply wants a Tour with the assholes to gain closure on a bad situation.
    If you know Dave then you know the persuit of a Van Halen Reunion is about nothing more than that.......Closure.

Dave doesn't have the pipes anymore?
    What fucking rock have you been under the last few years?
    The man is still on top of his game much more so than Edward is.
    No, he doesn't sound like he did 20 years ago but he is still the difference between Van Halen being MIGHTY as they used to be and MEDIOCRE as they have been since Dave's departure.

I no longer want a Reunion because the borthers don't respect what Dave's role was in their legacy, a legacy that they have taking down the wrong path on a consistant basis since 1985.

I'd rather see Dave do nothing than give those fuckers a shot at making a killing off of his charisma again. he doesn't need those assholes, what he needs is Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette.....

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I believe the EEAS band could make some cool music again!

without a doubt!

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bru87tr
    I believe the EEAS band could make some cool music again!

Honestly, I think we'd be the only ones who'd care.

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave voice sounds very much the same as 1994 !
    his voice changed around 91 !
    and his screams are comin back

EAST COAST
    they would have to make radio friendly songs to get a record deal, eeas band is really a blip on the radar screen. DAVE needs a hit. are they putting a dave tune on the greatest hits part two?

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You obviously haven't heard DLR on his latest tour. There's two MP3 concerts available for download in the downloads section of this site. I would advise you listen carefully. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, his 1984 screams appear to be back. I couldn't believe it either, but upon repeat, it appears to be true.

Roth proves one more time that he is Immortal.

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bru87tr
    [B]word bro!

ya know ? the more you try and feed a kid brocoli the more the kid is not gonna want it or will hate it even more.

Sure would you want any broccoli that has spam cheese all over it??
    Fuck no!

dr-rob
    I think that eventually the Van Hagar thing will crash and burn again. I'm sure it won't be nearly as popular as Eddie thinks it will be. I'd be surprised to see BOV Vol2 even go gold. When the money's not so great and the press isn't what they hoped they will turn on each other again. Besides, Hagar is like what, 60 or something? The new Cd will probably have a song called prunecake!! They will probably reunite with Roth in two or three years, do one album and tour then Eddie will have a stroke.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
    Who let this assmuncher onto this site? "Sadly" you are a dumbass and all of your dumbass thread wreak of a Hagar fan constantly questioning Dave but supporting that drunk rag Ed (or is it Edward or maybe Eddie?). Here is a "thought" - eat me. Dave's voice is not as good as it was? Get your head out of your ass and use your ears.

Oh, I almost forgot: eat me
    Dude your a faggot, you sound real tough behind your computer don't you. I would kill you and fuck your mother you little bitch.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dude your a faggot, you sound real tough behind your computer don't you. I would kill you and fuck your mother you little bitch.
    Ouch, that was harsh. lol

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Unless the classic lineup can reconvene and put out some new music that lives up to the first 6 albums, or at the very least, put on some live shows with everyone in the band at the top of their game, I don't wanna see Roth get back together with Halen.

Ed and Al lost their sense of intensity a long time ago.

Probably best now that they stick with Sammy. He's more their speed.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wouldn't mind seeing them put on a good showing at HOF. It would be nice to see something. It's too hard of a pill to swallow that Van Halen and its legacy ends with Sammy fuckin' Hagar. It's a God Damn shame.

GOT ROTH?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2008 @ 12:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

i feel the same , but talkin' about the voice he has 50 n' offcourse is not the same as be i don't 20 years ago, but anyways that reunion would be great i don't think that could never happen

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

won't happen...it has been the edwina van halen show for too long...and al hates dave more than anything...fuck them both...

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I feel it. I know it, smell it breathe it everyday. It's pretty much already happened. It's all a matter of a wee bit of time to go through.
    Prob next year. You claim Dave's voice just isn't the same? No band members are the same as they were. I think those traits would compliment each other. Its the perfect piece to the VH puzzle. I think dave could still hold his own voice wise. Im sure he wont scream in all the songs the way he used to, but he wouldn't really need to. He wouldn't need to do any drum kit jumps either. 90% of any reunion is just the show. People wont go to see a Roth Van halen reunion to see if they can keep up. They will go to live the old days of good rock n roll. Which Im sure the crowds would barely hear anyways, because they will be louder than the band. example: US Fest.
    CAN YOU SPELL IDIOT?

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I wouldn't mind seeing them put on a good showing at HOF. It would be nice to see something. It's too hard of a pill to swallow that Van Halen and its legacy ends with Sammy fuckin' Hagar. It's a God Damn shame.
    Why? He carried em for a decade while your boy became the poster boy for '80's nostalgia, bad career moves, water cooler jokes, and celebrity drug busts.

Get over it.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by L.S.D.
    CAN YOU SPELL IDIOT?
    I can. Here goes:

L.S.D.

Keep up that Dave bashing, at a Dave site.

Loser Slams Dave.

Thread Information