Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Lee Roth is Van Halen!

TMR

Arrow David Lee Roth is Van Halen!

Very cool, I had a new kitchen floor put in this morning and I had SKYSCRAPER on.

The contractor asks me "Is that Van Halen"......I said no, that is David Lee Roth!

And after listening to Skyscaper this dude felt it was Van Halen!

Just another fact! David Lee Roth was the main reason why the music was so good!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We all know that DLR was Van Halen.
    DLR is Van Halen and will be !
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You should have said yes, but its the second lineup where Dave chose a new guitarist, drummer and Bass player.

thefive
    Just like the photographer Neil Zo something said on the Metal-Edge.com site "DAVID IS VAN HALEN". I couldn't believe he said that because he knew the whole band really good.

thefive

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by thefive
    Just like the photographer Neil Zo something said on the Metal-Edge.com site "DAVID IS VAN HALEN". I couldn't believe he said that because he knew the whole band really good.

thefive
    Well Neil Zlowzower is damn right, he still does photo's for Dave's concerts on occasion. Now let's see would you rather sit around with the spam bunch and talk about music and watch Ed dick with his guitar all night? Or pass the JD bottle around with Dave, his crew and the Dahm triplets? You decide!

TMR
    Originally posted by Panamark
    You should have said yes, but its the second lineup where Dave chose a new guitarist, drummer and Bass player.
    You're right! When I hear the name Van Halen, I feel ill now because of Ed and Alex.

I just watched a 5150 interview that I borrowed from a friend and Ed says well " I don't miss the past, even though I had some good times, but i'm having a good time all the time now!"

Whatever

But thank god it happened.....The chemistry for me between Dave and the EEAS band is great! I know i'm the only one in the world that feels this way, but somebody has too

thefive
    ah made a mistake its metal-sludge.com
    thefive

You love it!
    Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    01-30-2009 @ 08:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Of course David was Van Halen. Without David Lee Roth Van Halen sounded just like Bon Jovi (by this I mean every other 80's band).

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Without Dave they were convinced by management to pump out balled after radio balled looking for the #1 hit. They sold out. They turned commercial and they sold themselves on everything. Twister Soundtracks to Right Here Right Now for Pepsi. They turned into whores. Dave's not for sale.

Wayne L.
    Van Halen IS all about Eddie Van Halen, has always been about Eddie & will always be about EVH whether Dave, Sammy or whoever is the frontman unless you think Dave or Sammy is the leader of the group.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

I happen to believe that Dave was and to some extent, still is the leader of the group. Edward likes to think he runs the chicken coup. nah...he's part of the food chain like the drummer and the bass player. Dave got out of that train wreck before the enivitable crash and burn they suffered in the 90's.

Food for thought
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    02-15-2006 @ 04:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Dave is and always will be Van Halen. He made that band the huge success that they were. EEAS is the most convincing proof of this; it sounds more like Van Halen in attitude and style than anything that group ever did since he left.

TMR
    Originally posted by secrets
    Dave is and always will be Van Halen. He made that band the huge success that they were. EEAS is the most convincing proof of this; it sounds more like Van Halen in attitude and style than anything that group ever did since he left.
    Exactly!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by secrets
    Well put! That is the exact proof too.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by thefive
    ah made a mistake its metal-sludge.com
    thefive
    naw, its metalgrudge.com

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2014 @ 02:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

first of all....van halen is a band
    dave is a person
    dave needs vh
    vh doesnt need dave
    sammy is a person
    who needs vh
    so i dont think dave is vh
    when you need somebody to be a success that doesnt make you the man,
    besides eddie is king,
    as far as vh w/dlr that was some great shit that will live 4eva

Lou
    It's not even worth debating. You either get it or you don't. It's like trying to explain things like chemistry, music, or architecture to people who don't have any knowledge of the field. And for these morons who have grown up with Van HALEN and Van Hagar and STILL don't get it, it's a lost cause. They see Van Halen in one dimension, Eddie. Too bad they're too fucking stupid to get the rest of the picture.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    It's not even worth debating. You either get it or you don't. It's like trying to explain things like chemistry, music, or architecture to people who don't have any knowledge of the field. And for these morons who have grown up with Van HALEN and Van Hagar and STILL don't get it, it's a lost cause. They see Van Halen in one dimension, Eddie. Too bad they're too fucking stupid to get the rest of the picture.
    van halen is, eddie alex mike dave sammy

Lou
    Good for you. Hey where's Gary in there? He was part of it too you know.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

And they don't know the whole story, what Dave was to this band from the beginning, the lengths he went to make this band successful.

Or they just choose to ignore it.

Dave bashing on a Dave site. That's real cool.

Not.

Lou
    I just can't fathom how someone can actually have gone to a Van HALEN show or see one on DVD and think that Sammy Hagar belongs in the same sentence as "Van Halen" unless separated by the word "not." And for the record, NO musician belongs in that sentence other than Dave, Ed, Alex, Mike.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    Good for you. Hey where's Gary in there? He was part of it too you know.
    gary was the cancer of vh, the only good thing was, eddie torn shit up on that cd, his guitar playing was top notch

and on tour you got to hear some old vh tunes that you never thought you hear again

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by tjvhou812
    Who is Sammy Hagar?

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2003 @ 08:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Who is Sammy Hagar?
    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or they just prefer radio friendly, power ballad music. Something that wins Grammys.

I don't listen to that much radio.

Dave's idea to call the band Van Halen. He is just as much VH as the rest of the them.

Sammy joining them was like a baseball player joining the Yankees, the legend they would be remembered for was already built.

Lou
    My favorite is when these idiots say, "Oh well Van Halen is just like the Dallas Cowboys, it's the same team no matter who's on it." OK, well what if Eddie Van Halen wasn't in it anymore, would it still be Van Halen? Idiots. OK so rock bands are the same thing as sports franchises...right

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    My favorite is when these idiots say, "Oh well Van Halen is just like the Dallas Cowboys, it's the same team no matter who's on it." OK, well what if Eddie Van Halen wasn't in it anymore, would it still be Van Halen? Idiots. OK so rock bands are the same thing as sports franchises...right
    w/out eddie vh is a club band

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

the only good thing was, eddie torn shit up on that cd, his guitar playing was top notch
    I think I was on vacation in Orlando when I thought I heard some of that. This fat fucker at the pool was like, "dahm baby, that's the new van halen". Turns out it was some fucking clay vaccum on the tennis court.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and

TMR
    If you TRULY BELIEVE THIS....YOU MUST BE GAY!

Listen to 5150, then listen to EAT'EM AND SMILE.....tell me do you honestly believe this was the key to VH's success, no way.

Ed hasn't ripped up the guitar or Valerie's pussy without the TOAST MASTER GENERAL IN CHARGE!

Do HONESTLY SAY VAN HAGAR IS VH, makes me ill....are you listening to the lyrics???? I don't think you are....simple form, A VOICE CAN NOT BE REPLICATED or DAVE's STYLE OR PERSONALITY, but VAI had no problem replicating anything Ed did without any Fuckin effort.

Ed is a waste of musical talent. Tell me how much effort it takes to play WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE or WHEN IT's LOVE, CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU, DON"T TELL ME WHAT LOVE CAN DO, BLACK N BLUE, POUNDCAKE....dude those songs are broring and anyone picking up the guitar can mimick any of those sounds because they are simple like ED. Nothing creative at all.....CRAP MUSIC!

Listen to LADIES NIGHT IN BUFFALO or BIG TROUBLE...DO you HEAR the DIFFERENCE...if you don't ...let me do some fuckin ear surgery on you...because you are not hearing anything pleasant with you ears if you honestly believe spam music is van halen.

Go suck a dick:p

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and
    I guess that's it, last I remember anything regarding it. I can make up some shit if you want.

TMR
    I can't believe a dude want to listen to WHY CAN"T THIS BE LOVE instead of FEEL YOUR LOVIN TONIGHT???

I need to fuck your girlfriend and show you how it's done, unless you love men, .then you can be the master at that!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

but VAI had no problem replicating anything Ed did without any Fuckin effort.

had to copy and paiste that line there, i take it you dont have any dave boots w/vai, becuase if you did you would hear how he just fucked up a lot of those old vh songs

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by TMR
    I can't believe a dude want to listen to WHY CAN"T THIS BE LOVE instead of FEEL YOUR LOVIN TONIGHT???

I need to fuck your girlfriend and show you how it's done, unless you love men, .then you can be the master at that!
    i'd listen too why cant this be drugs b4 i listen too californis girls

TMR
    but VAI had no problem replicating anything Ed did without any Fuckin effort.

had to copy and paiste that line there, i take it you dont have any dave boots w/vai, becuase if you did you would hear how he just fucked up a lot of those old vh songs
    Are you that out of touch with reality??? Of course I have EEAS boot from Montreal and seen them llive....Dude, it's your ears...trust me. You love VAN HAGAR music....enough said.

Lou
    Even the later stuff without Vai like DLR Band, you can tell who was the main influence in Van HALEN. Because DLR Band was as close as you could get to old school Van HALEN without it actually being so. And in that year Eddie was working on How Many Say I. Well hmm, I don't think it takes a genius to figure out who was the fucking ATTITUDE of Van HALEN. Then again I overestimate the intelligence of some of the users here.

TMR
    Dude, I'm coming to Rhode Island...What's your address???

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

vai hacked a lot vh tunes period, and if vai so good where is he
    playing pool halls w/yngay

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remember, tjvhou812 doesn't bash Dave, according to him.

TMR
    That would be cool to See Vai in a POOL HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad that won't happen anytime soon

Thread Information