Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

David Lee Roth on The Late Late Show

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 10, 2006

David Lee Roth "Rocks" The Late Late Show

David Lee Roth continues his national media blitz with a performance of Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show

(A.P.) Hell, Mich. - Roth Army World Headquarters

Roth on the second of three Late Nights. Of course, on Tuesday, he was on a major player in The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Granted, Leno sucks, and the show wasn’t that much better, but Roth came out and performed…doing what he does best, saving a sorry ass show from front to back shit.

On Thursday, Roth showed up on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Ferguson is quirky, to say the least. I can’t stand most of his show, and can’t imagine much of America does, although he does do a couple of different segments that are actually pretty funny…mostly when he’s making fun of himself and others from the British Isles (Michael Caine and Sean Connery top the list). That being said, Ferguson at least had someone do some homework for him, as he asked appropriate questions about Van Halen and the potential for a reunion. Roth really didn’t give anything newsworthy in this interview, although WARF caught a couple of things that proved to be…at the very least…curious.

For the performance?

I have to admit that I was hoping Roth would toss aside Jump for one of the other covers, but he didn’t. He performed the same song as he did on Leno’s show, and again, did a fantastic job in his performance. On many fronts, I think that Roth looked a bunch more comfortable on stage. Again, the crowd was heavily into the performance, which is usually a direct difference from other performers, who have the crowd scratching their head. The one major difference was that Roth gave Brian Young the opportunity to showcase his stuff in the middle of the performance, and he did more than a yeoman’s job working with the bluegrass musicians.

The bottom line for this show? Roth rolled through another night of major coverage. Not bad for a guy that seems to have more lives than Siamese cats. The show that interests me the most is the appearance on The View. My guess here is that he’ll have banged Walters and that Hasselbeck chick by the time the show starts airing. Anyways, I’m pretty curious about the interview there, as they have a tendency to spend a bunch of time with guests…including singers. My guess is that they’ll ask him dumbass questions…but you never know what might happen with Roth and a bunch of women.

Coming Soon: Elvis Reviews 'Strummin' with the Devil'

Coming Soon: David Lee Roth DOES The View (literally)

Coming Soon: The David Lee Roth Summer Tour
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    After seeing a couple of his performances and hearing the album, I think Dave made a wise move with this new adventure.

Dave is looking great. Thank goodness, the bleach job days are gone. And he is sounding great, as well. I think he is creating some great publicity for himself and it will only benefit him with the upcoming tour and whatever else he dreams up in his future.

I don't see this as any left turn in the career; no permanent departure from the rock and roll we all know and love.

And I don't in any way see this hurting the VH legacy. (Christ, if it can withstand being fronted by a teletubbie and a gay opera singer and the complete embarrassing meltdown of EVH on the 2004 reunion tour, it can withstand anything.) It's a tribute to the music - that's all! And who better than the original voice himself to put a little twist on it and celebrate it all one more time.

I do think Dave is blowing smoke regarding a reunion. I'm sure he had to tell some of these TV producers that he would talk about VH and about the radio gig in order to get on the show. Whatev. It's obvious from what he has said, there has been no recent contact with Edward and will be no contact in the near future. Our camps are in touch...yeah, sure, I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer. Dangle the carrot, get people to tune in, give the disc a listen, crack open a beer, fuck their girlfriend to the sweet sounds of a fiddle - it's a brilliant plan.

That being said...it's Friday and it's happy hour...C-YA
    Same ole song and dance...

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Northern Girl
    After seeing a couple of his performances and hearing the album, I think Dave made a wise move with this new adventure.

Dave is looking great. Thank goodness, the bleach job days are gone. And he is sounding great, as well. I think he is creating some great publicity for himself and it will only benefit him with the upcoming tour and whatever else he dreams up in his future.

I don't see this as any left turn in the career; no permanent departure from the rock and roll we all know and love.

And I don't in any way see this hurting the VH legacy. (Christ, if it can withstand being fronted by a teletubbie and a gay opera singer and the complete embarrassing meltdown of EVH on the 2004 reunion tour, it can withstand anything.) It's a tribute to the music - that's all! And who better than the original voice himself to put a little twist on it and celebrate it all one more time.

I do think Dave is blowing smoke regarding a reunion. I'm sure he had to tell some of these TV producers that he would talk about VH and about the radio gig in order to get on the show. Whatev. It's obvious from what he has said, there has been no recent contact with Edward and will be no contact in the near future. Our camps are in touch...yeah, sure, I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer. Dangle the carrot, get people to tune in, give the disc a listen, crack open a beer, fuck their girlfriend to the sweet sounds of a fiddle - it's a brilliant plan.

I can't remember any time in the past few years that his voice has sounded better...though the band behind him may not bring the best out of it, he has undoubtedly got a great voice right now. Not to mention he is getting publicity left and right, more than the brothers or spams tour can muster.

Dave is just blowing smoke about a reunion. It would be better if they didn't reunite, no way the whole band can sound as good as they left off over 20 years ago.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Things are on the up and up, not many people could bounce back from the radio shit like Dave....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Northern Girl

Yeah i too believe that in reality there's been little contact between DLR and the sisters but i believe his enthusiasm for a reunion is genuine. He knows what the people want and is prepared to give it to them. The sisters though can't aknowledge what the people want because aknowledgeing it would be the same as admitting they've wasted the last 21 years.
    dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAPRamone
    i believe his enthusiasm for a reunion is genuine
    Oh yeah, I believe he wants it, but I think he knows it's never going to happen. Is it even a question of getting along anymore? Is Ed capable?

Sammy Hagar from Nashville Scene, 6/22/06:

SCENE: Let’s talk Van Halen. You toured with the band in 2004, and your solo show includes Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony. Yet the band’s official status is unclear. Do you tire of the back-and-forth?

HAGAR: Yeah. Back then, I thought a reunion had to happen. [David Lee] Roth’s out there right now saying it’s inevitable that there’s gonna be a Van Halen reunion. I don’t really think there is with him, and I don’t think there is with me, either. I think Van Halen might be done. I shouldn’t say that, because it’s not what I’m looking for. But, man, it don’t work. Onstage we did a pretty good job last time; I’m not saying it was horrible onstage. But in between shows and offstage, trying to travel together—we had two different airplanes, two different dressing rooms on each side of the building. Every night I had to say, “Is Eddie [Van Halen] on stage yet?” I wouldn’t even go out there till he was on—that’s how capable he was of not making it. And that’s no way to do it.

**NOTE: Sam sure keeps close tabs on what Dave says! LOL

Thread Information