Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Roethlisberger Involved In Motorcycle Accident

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...7/detail.html#

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident on Monday morning.

The Steelers confirmed the accident for Channel 4 Action News.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said the accident happened on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge.

A witness told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger went over the handlebars, hit the windshield of another vehicle and then hit the ground.

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet, according to the paper.

Police have closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.

Roethlisberger was taken to Mercy Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.

Refresh this page for updates as they become available.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ouch!

He might not be back for a while, Which is a shame because who the fuck else do they have at QB?

St. Pierre?
    Maddox?
    Biatch? (I like calling him that.)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Flash Bastard
    His coach had warned him that this would eventually happen, but Ben fancies himself a bit of a risk taker.

Hope the dudes OK, it's a fucked up way to end a short, brilliant career.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That's fucked up.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yep, just posted this at my site as well:

Steelers | Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
    Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:11:04 -0700

KDKA.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) has been injured in a motorcycle accident around 11:30 am Monday, June 12. The team has confirmed Roethlisberger was injured. He was not wearing a helmet when he flew over the handlebars and hit his head on the windshield of a car, according to an eyewitness. The witness added Roethlisberger seemed groggy and was bleeding from his head, but was able to say his first name. He has been taken to Mercy Hospital, but officials are not commenting on his condition.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

We should hold off on any assumptions, we don't know the extent.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
    His coach had warned him that this would eventually happen, but Ben fancies himself a bit of a risk taker.

Hope the dudes OK, it's a fucked up way to end a short, brilliant career.
    yup, My bet is that he'll be back though, This is weird thing to happen to the guy, sounds like something that would happen ONLY to cleveland, Though probably with our luck they'll turn him into a half-robot and he'll kick our ass all the more harder.

Was Winlsow II wearing a helmet when he had his crash though?

This season has just got a hell of a lot more intresting in the AFC North, The Browns might auctually have a shot to beat the steelers this year.

Flash Bastard
    Just saw some close-up video of the bike on FOX. The front end is FUBARed.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Don't they usually have a clause in their contracts voiding payment of it if they ride motorcycles? Might be a battle brewing here. Hope the dude is ok, but maybe out for 1 season. Helps out my Chargers.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

When are these dipshit multi-million dollar athletes going to learn that it's not the best idea to be riding a motorcycle in the offseason? That said, hope the dude's ok.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Bradshaw's going to be saying "told ya so".

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

Just posted a few days ago... BIKE CONTROVERSY!

Minicamp Opens: Big Ben Addresses Bike Controversy

PITTSBURGH -- "Minicamp Cowher" kicked off Friday morning at the Steelers' practice facility on the South Side.

It's the first chance for coaches to work with rookie tight end Heath Miller and the rest of the players selected in April's NFL draft.

But most of the media attention went to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was seen posing helmetless on a motorcycle in published photos this week.

Even though he got a lecture from coach Bill Cowher, Roethlisberger won't be getting off his ride.

"He talked about being a risk taker, and I'm not really a risk taker," Roethlisberger said. "I'm pretty conservative and laid back. I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger said he only rides in groups, which he said is safer than going alone, and will decide for himself whether he wants to wear a helmet.

"Obviously, Pennsylvania doesn't think people need to," he said, referring to a state law requiring helmets that was amended in 2003.

Roethlisberger's motorcycle pictures surfaced just days after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow had a bike accident that will keep him out of action for a while.

Cowher said he doesn't condone Roethlisberger's off-field motorcycle activity.

"It (a pro football career) is a very small time in your life, and you've got to be very careful. You can see it documented with Kellen Winslow," Cowher said. "Not just in riding motorcycles, but where you go and who you associate with."

All players reported to the minicamp. Most players will remain in town through mid-June for voluntary coaching sessions.

Two practices were held Friday. Two more will be held on Saturday, followed by a final one on Sunday.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by sadaist
    Don't they usually have a clause in their contracts voiding payment of it if they ride motorcycles?
    Yeah, I think most pro contracts these days specifically prohibit riding motorcycles. Either way it's a damn shame.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If people who drive have to wear seatbelts...
    Then motorcycle drivers should have to wear helmets...
    Pennsylvania is stupid for ending the law in 2003.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm fucking dumbfounded that people are talking about Ben being out helping their fucking teams...

moderately sickening if you ask me...

1. Ben is a fucking dumbass...I'll bring up why in a few minutes...

2. No idea how serious it is...although the reports out of Pittsburgh are that there's a serious concussion...and a broken jaw...that they are repairing...

but reports are sketchy...

here's a report from about 10 minutes ago:

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roethlisberger hurt in motorcycle crash
    Monday, June 12, 2006

By Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured when his motorcycle was involved in a crash on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge today.

Dr. Larry Jones of Mercy Hospital addressed the media at 1:25 p.m. and said that Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition and was undergoing surgery for unspecified injuries.

Jones said that Roethlisberger was talking and cognizant of the situation.

Roethlisberger was injured shortly after 11:15 a.m. at the Second Avenue side of the bridge near the Armstrong Tunnel.

One Steelers source said Roethlisberger was in surgery for a broken jaw, an injury that can take approximately seven weeks to heal. The Steelers season starts in 12 weeks.

Retired halfback Jerome Bettis, in California today, was keeping in touch with some people in the organization and said the reports he's received are that Roethlisberger will be fine.

"First, it's good to see he's not in bad shape, as a friend, and to make sure he's OK," said Bettis. "Another good thing is it is minor enough that it shouldn't affect him on the field this fall."

Steelers' spokesman David Lockett would only confirm that Roethlisberger was involved in the accident and is being treated at Mercy Hospital.

An eyewitness said she saw a motorcycle headed outbound on Second Avenue as a car was coming inbound. The car, a Chrysler New Yorker with Maine plates, made a left turn toward the bridge in front of the cyclist. The motorcycle hit the car and the operator flew into the windshield and then hit the ground.

The witness said she went to the aid of the motorcyclist and asked his name. He said it was "Ben" and tried to get up, but she told him to stay still.

The victim was bleeding heavily from a head injury, and blood pooled on the pavement. The witness said he was not wearing a helmet.

Roethlisberger has been known to refuse to wear a helmet when operating his cycle.

The entire front end of the motorcycle, was destroyed. The car sustained damage on the passenger side door.

Sandra Ford, a Homewood writer and artist, was waiting for the bus on 10th Street about 11 a.m. She saw a rugged-looking white man with curly hair on his motorcycle driving along the avenue heading toward the 10th street bridge.

In the opposite direction, the Chrysler was approaching and preparing to make the turn.

"I kept waiting for the motorcyclist to slow down," she said. "He never stopped and just plowed into the car."

She said she believes Roethlisberger, who wasn't speeding, but going at a pretty good clip, never saw the car. "He had to be looking somewhere else, he just sailed across the intersection."

It was a crazy scene, said Ford, still shaken from the accident two hours after it happened. At the time of the accident, she did not know it was the Steeler's quarterback. She found out when she got home and saw the TV news.

Ford, said that she heard a crunching sounds and saw Roethlisberger fly from his motorcycle, which left a pretty big dent in the car, said Ms. Ford.

Afterward, Roethlisberger tumbled off the car and lay still in the street. "He lay so still, I thought he had died."

About 11:23, Ford began taking notes and talking to the driver of the car.

By this time, the driver had gotten from the car and asked Roethliesberger to remain still, he was trying to move.

"His face was all bloody. I saw blood pooling under his head."

Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Tammy Ewin said that the department would issue a release in regards to the accident specifics around 3 p.m. today, but would not have information on Roethlisberger's condition. Ewin said that information would come from Steelers officials.

Police commander Thomas Stangrecki said that an accident reconstruction team would investigate the cause of the accident.

Ewen also stressed that accident investigations can take "weeks, not hours" to complete.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher addressed the issue with Roethlisberger in May 2005 after Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow's accident riding a Suzuki GSX-R750 in suburban Cleveland. Winslow hit a curb in a parking lot and was ejected from his bike, injuring his knee.

"It's one of those things, where he talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker, I'm pretty conservative and laid back," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette. "So the big thing is just be careful and that's what we do. I think every person that rides is careful. That's the biggest thing, I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we never ride alone we always ride in a group of people, and I think that makes it more safe."

Winslow's contract forbade him from riding a motorcycle, Roethlisberger's contract does not prohibit him from riding motorcycles, even helmetless. The standard NFL contract prohibits risky behavior, but what constitutes risky behavior? Pennsylvania repealed its mandatory helmet law in 2003.

"I think that's my own discretion," Roethlisberger said about not wearing a helmet when he rides. "Obviously, Pennsylvania doesn't think people need to."

During an interview last year, Steelers Hall-of-Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw offered one piece of advice for Roethlisberger about his motorcycle.

"Ride it when you retire. That's the way I feel. Those things are dangerous."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A couple miles an hour faster... or a turn a lil more to the right...
    You have your football version of Roberto Clemente...
    Fucking Idiot!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yup... he should very easily be dead right now...
    24 years old... and a superbowl...
    and gone within' a split second...

Degenerate #4
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-12-2021 @ 02:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by WARF
    A couple miles an hour faster... or a turn a lil more to the right...
    You have your football version of Roberto Clemente...
    Fucking Idiot!
    big difference though between him and clemente if i remember right...

clemente was all about helping people, and ben is mostly about himself...

ben is still an idiot though

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had a motorcycle when I was 24...and I'm sure I did more stupid fucking things with my rice burner...than most of these guys...

and it does look like he was riding normally...not sure if the car pulled out...or if he just wasn't paying attention...

of course...I never rode without a helmet...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ben is all about himself?

When did all this shit start?

Look...the dude was riding his motorcycle without his helmet...

thousands do it every day...

doubt he does it again...or doubt the Steelers will let him...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Riding without a helmet and jeopardizing your life... your football career... and letting down your fans/teammates is the biggest act of selfishness I have ever seen.

More Selfish than anything Barry Bonds has ever done...

How the hell could you been so stupid?
    What's the big fucking deal with wearing a helmet?
    Even ILL MITCH!! wears a helmet... and he only skateboards!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not saying Big Ben is a selfish person.
    But when your gettin' paid millions and millions of dollars...
    You need to put safety first...
    And Pennsylvania needs to being back the helmet amendment.
    They had it for what... 35 years... now it's optional to wear a helmet.
    It's NOT optional to wear a seat belt...
    Maybe they should make seatbelts optional too...
    Dumbasses!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Holy fuck...did you just compare Roeth to Bonds?

WARF...c'mon dude...

Selfish for sure...

but don't connect two totally unrelated things...

Roeth is 24...

c'mon man...you don't remember thinking you were going to live forever?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think it was 35 years...

the funny thing about it is that no matter how safe you are...you can never take into account what the other person is going to do...

I'll bet you we find out that the car pulled out illegally in front of him...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Even ILL MITCH!! wears a helmet... and he only skateboards!!!
    LMFAO...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL
    I know that would light a fire under your ass...
    Ben is not anything near the pompous asshole Bonds...
    But Big Ben is the biggest fucking bonehead of the year...
    Wasn't there even an ESPN segment last year.
    About Big Ben not wearing a helmet?
    What's the big fucking deal... WEAR A HELMET!
    Not only to save your life... but the millions of fans...
    Who pay their money... to watch the steelers win the superbowl.

Now if Barry Bonds said, "I don't wear seatbelts, cuz it's wrinkles my clothes..."
    And dies in an accident...
    That's a totally different scenerio!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

c'mon man...you don't remember thinking you were going to live forever?
    Well if this isn't a HUGE fucking wake-up call...
    I don't know what is...
    He better not get on a motorbike a again...
    It would be like Eddie puffing cigarettes on a golf course...
    After being diagnosed with cancer...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...I can say this is tremendously ironic...to say the least...

I know that we had this discussion last year...with Winslow...

about Roeth...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shit dude...you know what he'll be saying...

"I hope to get on a motorcycle as soon as I can..."

and I'm sure I know what Cowher and Rooney will be saying...

of course...this is getting ahead of ourselves...

if they rushed him to surgery...there has to be some severe injuries...

it could be a moot point...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This just in...
    Ben Roethlisberger told steeler coach Cowher he is going to play the upcoming 2007 football season without a helmet...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This just in...
    Ben Roethlisberger told steeler coach Cowher he is going to play the upcoming 2007 football season without a helmet...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

This just in...
    Ben Roethlisberger told steeler coach Cowher he is going to play the upcoming 2007 football season ithout a helmet...
    WARF, you're on a roll today dude...

Hilarious stuff.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lol

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

His career is defiinitely over. What a waste.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ben's motorcycle is fast and danger!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck him! He goes out on a motorcycle without a helmet, and now I'm supposed to care that he got racked???? Next time maybe he'll remember the taste of tempered glass when he gets his fucking lame brain on a motorcycle.....

I got no patience for stupidity.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What report are you seeing that says his career is over?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

I got no patience for stupidity.

lmfao...Vengeance...

I could go places with this comment...

Thread Information