• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Roethlisberger Involved In Motorcycle Accident

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident on Monday morning.

The Steelers confirmed the accident for Channel 4 Action News.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said the accident happened on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge.

A witness told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger went over the handlebars, hit the windshield of another vehicle and then hit the ground.

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet, according to the paper.

Police have closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.

Roethlisberger was taken to Mercy Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.

Refresh this page for updates as they become available.
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Ouch!

He might not be back for a while, Which is a shame because who the fuck else do they have at QB?

St. Pierre?
    Maddox?
    Biatch? (I like calling him that.)
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Flash Bastard

His coach had warned him that this would eventually happen, but Ben fancies himself a bit of a risk taker.

Hope the dudes OK, it's a fucked up way to end a short, brilliant career.

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

That's fucked up.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Yep, just posted this at my site as well:

Steelers | Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
          Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:11:04 -0700

KDKA.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) has been injured in a motorcycle accident around 11:30 am Monday, June 12. The team has confirmed Roethlisberger was injured. He was not wearing a helmet when he flew over the handlebars and hit his head on the windshield of a car, according to an eyewitness. The witness added Roethlisberger seemed groggy and was bleeding from his head, but was able to say his first name. He has been taken to Mercy Hospital, but officials are not commenting on his condition.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

We should hold off on any assumptions, we don't know the extent.

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
            His coach had warned him that this would eventually happen, but Ben fancies himself a bit of a risk taker.

Hope the dudes OK, it's a fucked up way to end a short, brilliant career.
            yup, My bet is that he'll be back though, This is weird thing to happen to the guy, sounds like something that would happen ONLY to cleveland, Though probably with our luck they'll turn him into a half-robot and he'll kick our ass all the more harder.

Was Winlsow II wearing a helmet when he had his crash though?

This season has just got a hell of a lot more intresting in the AFC North, The Browns might auctually have a shot to beat the steelers this year.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Just saw some close-up video of the bike on FOX. The front end is FUBARed.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

here is some pics

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Don't they usually have a clause in their contracts voiding payment of it if they ride motorcycles? Might be a battle brewing here. Hope the dude is ok, but maybe out for 1 season. Helps out my Chargers.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

When are these dipshit multi-million dollar athletes going to learn that it's not the best idea to be riding a motorcycle in the offseason? That said, hope the dude's ok.

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bradshaw's going to be saying "told ya so".

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Just posted a few days ago... BIKE CONTROVERSY!

Minicamp Opens: Big Ben Addresses Bike Controversy

PITTSBURGH -- "Minicamp Cowher" kicked off Friday morning at the Steelers' practice facility on the South Side.

It's the first chance for coaches to work with rookie tight end Heath Miller and the rest of the players selected in April's NFL draft.

But most of the media attention went to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was seen posing helmetless on a motorcycle in published photos this week.

Even though he got a lecture from coach Bill Cowher, Roethlisberger won't be getting off his ride.

"He talked about being a risk taker, and I'm not really a risk taker," Roethlisberger said. "I'm pretty conservative and laid back. I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger said he only rides in groups, which he said is safer than going alone, and will decide for himself whether he wants to wear a helmet.

"Obviously, Pennsylvania doesn't think people need to," he said, referring to a state law requiring helmets that was amended in 2003.

Roethlisberger's motorcycle pictures surfaced just days after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow had a bike accident that will keep him out of action for a while.

Cowher said he doesn't condone Roethlisberger's off-field motorcycle activity.

"It (a pro football career) is a very small time in your life, and you've got to be very careful. You can see it documented with Kellen Winslow," Cowher said. "Not just in riding motorcycles, but where you go and who you associate with."

All players reported to the minicamp. Most players will remain in town through mid-June for voluntary coaching sessions.

Two practices were held Friday. Two more will be held on Saturday, followed by a final one on Sunday.

Comment

• Figs
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Don't they usually have a clause in their contracts voiding payment of it if they ride motorcycles?
                          Yeah, I think most pro contracts these days specifically prohibit riding motorcycles. Either way it's a damn shame.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

If people who drive have to wear seatbelts...
                            Then motorcycle drivers should have to wear helmets...
                            Pennsylvania is stupid for ending the law in 2003.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I'm fucking dumbfounded that people are talking about Ben being out helping their fucking teams...

moderately sickening if you ask me...

1. Ben is a fucking dumbass...I'll bring up why in a few minutes...

2. No idea how serious it is...although the reports out of Pittsburgh are that there's a serious concussion...and a broken jaw...that they are repairing...

but reports are sketchy...

here's a report from about 10 minutes ago:
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...