Ho much did making of the videos "Jump" and "Panama" cost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Thanks for the info!!!
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Jano
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

I know for sure that the" jump" video cost 650 $.This is DAVE words,i've got it on a tape,that what he said during an interview for the french tv.I don't know about "panama" sorry!
      little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
      http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jano
        I know for sure that the" jump" video cost 650 $.This is DAVE words,i've got it on a tape,that what he said during an interview for the french tv.I don't know about "panama" sorry!
        no way...jump was more expensive...but who is dave to stand in the way of a good rumor...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• cwsmith17
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Golden AWe
          I lack this VH-trivia, it wasn't much, I just don't remember even I may have heard it somewhere...

HELP ME FOLKS...
          [/QUOTe

It was very cheap becasue Dave did so much of the work.

Comment

• cwsmith17
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

He produced all of his own videos.

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

I just watched it and although I knew and never ever heard people think it was ed its def Alex in the Panama car with Dave!

also, is that not wierd al yank in the audience after dave flips over Mikey ?

BTW: i cant even watch these videos without them making me angry. pisses me off how a band can piss away the talent and creativity this band had then! man did dave have the moves and did Ed too. alex cant dance if his life depended on it which is beyond me as a drummer, makes no sense how someone who makes the beat cant dance. not that I want to but im not bad. atleast if I had to learn daves dances for the video I wouldnt look that bad after all the practice. lol

nobody else seems to have a problem with the moves!
              Last edited by bru87tr; 04-30-2004, 08:50 AM.
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Just thought I'd pass this along to clear up any confusion.

Yesterday I got a bootleg DVD of outtakes from the "Panama" video. It has all the footage from the stuff outside of the concert footage, like Dave being arrested, Dave on his motorcyle, Eddie playing the piano, etc.

Well the first part that's funny about it, is on all the clapboards before every take, it actually says the footage is for the "Jump!" video, and they were all filmed on October 28, 1983. I guess at that time, they didn't know what they were going to do with the footage.

Anyway, it is Alex in the car with Dave, NOT Eddie. In fact, you get about 6 minutes of those two driving down the street, with Al literally standing up on the freeway, what a dope. What's funny is the footage of that actually culiminates with Dave getting pulled over on the freeway by a cop. And that wasn't part of the joke he really was pulled over.

The other thing that people always wondered is in the hallway when Dave is being arrested, if that's Valerie Bertinelli outside of the door. The answer is 100% no it's not, just some chick. And man, they must have done 100 takes of that sequence.

There's also a TON of vignettes they never used, I'll list them. If you ever get a chance to get this footage, it's really pretty funny, and I mean you see these guys do like 100's of takes of each thing. There is no sound, but there is a nice 1984 boot playing behind everything so you're not bored. So here's the stuff thye never used:

Dave practicing kickboxing on a punching bag
                Mike in his pool drinking Jack in a scuba suit (yes don't ask me it's bizarre)
                Mike fighting with some kind of puppet thing at Chuck E. Cheese (strange and long)
                Dave in his bedroom in bed, smoking, on the phone, while some hot chick dressed as a maid cleans behind him.
                A roadie throwing Eddie's guitar case to him in his hotel room and Eddie just throws a striped guitar, it breaks in half...obviously not the real Franky.
                Dave shopping for tapes at a record store and just piling them up in the arms of his midget friend, who can barely hold them...Dave has two huge bodyguards behind him who basically pretend to come over to the camera and push them away from shooting.
                Eddie getting out of a limo and into a hotel...eventually they have Al, Dave, and a midget get out of the limo's trunk, which was funny.
                Various scenes of Alex buried under piles of drums, tubes, and sticks in what is probably a room at 5150.
                Dave getting into a limo with two chicks while the paparazzi take pictures...eventually Dave pretends to be overly drunk.

In addition to that footage, the actual footage from the video is in there as well like I said. It's amazing how much stuff they shot, and how many takes of each sequence they did for what, 3 secs of video time. I mean there must be 70 takes of Dave being arrested, and a good 7 or 8 minutes on him on his motorcyle. Same thing with Eddie playing piano, and trying to blow the smoke rings perfectly for the camera.

Anyway, it's very cool, pick it up if you ever see it.
                Last edited by Brett; 05-03-2004, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                  Dave practicing kickboxing on a punching bag
                  Mike in his pool drinking Jack in a scuba suit (yes don't ask me it's bizarre)
                  Mike fighting with some kind of puppet thing at Chuck E. Cheese (strange and long)
                  Dave in his bedroom in bed, smoking, on the phone, while some hot chick dressed as a maid cleans behind him.
                  A roadie throwing Eddie's guitar case to him in his hotel room and Eddie just throws a striped guitar, it breaks in half...obviously not the real Franky.
                  Dave shopping for tapes at a record store and just piling them up in the arms of his midget friend, who can barely hold them...Dave has two huge bodyguards behind him who basically pretend to come over to the camera and push them away from shooting.
                  Eddie getting out of a limo and into a hotel...eventually they have Al, Dave, and a midget get out of the limo's trunk, which was funny.
                  Various scenes of Alex buried under piles of drums, tubes, and sticks in what is probably a room at 5150.
                  Dave getting into a limo with two chicks while the paparazzi take pictures...eventually Dave pretends to be overly drunk.
                  Sounds like the No-Holds-Bar-b-q DVD all the way...LOL

Especially the scuba suit+Jack thing...LOL
                  Originally posted by Cato
                  Golden, why are you FAT?
                  Originally posted by lesfunk
                  Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                  http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just thought I'd pass this along to clear up any confusion.

Yesterday I got a bootleg DVD of outtakes from the "Panama" video. It has all the footage from the stuff outside of the concert footage, like Dave being arrested, Dave on his motorcyle, Eddie playing the piano, etc.
                    Why don't you put it up for download at your Sammy Hagar site you cheapskate?

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Will you be downloading it?

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Why don't you put it up for download at your Sammy Hagar site you cheapskate?
                        You could of course buy it like I did cheapskate.

Comment

• PHOENIX
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

You could of course buy it like I did cheapskate.
                          Come on guys no name calling. We are trying to have intelligent conversations here. If you are not interested then please re-read the Forum Rules.

Oh ya we dont have Forum Rules. Well then just read the ones on Brents site to get an idea.

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Feel free to refer to them.

Oh BTW, Sesh maybe I'll put it excerpts of them up in addition to the seven full bootlegs that I have up for download right now. Jackass.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Will you be downloading it?
                              Nah you banned me years ago for complaining about Sarges address being posted.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Feel free to refer to them.

Oh BTW, Sesh maybe I'll put it excerpts of them up in addition to the seven full bootlegs that I have up for download right now. Jackass.
                                Finally you admit you run a Sammy Hagar website...

Comment

Working...