Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

I know this has already been stated before on this thread, but I do find it absolutely enthralling that after so many decades these two bands can still be the subject of such passionate discordances.

And, like I said before, Metallica certainly was the biggest act back in the day, but they lost it after Cliff died. ...And Justice For All has only a few good tracks on it, and certainly doesn't stand up to any album from the trilogy that Cliff contributed to. The black album? Even weaker, and after that... Complete and utter shite.

Now, Megadeth DID have some weak albums, namely Cryptic Writings and Risk, but The System Has Failed, albeit being weaker than classics such as Peace Sells and Rust in Peace is still a good Metal album.

So, over the years, Megadeth wins by consistency. Metallica went too astray to even be taken serious nowadays.

And as for concerts? Well, I've seen both bands recently, and I have to tell you the Megadeth was booed by critics because, and ONLY BECAUSE of the virtuosism and intrumental masturbation going on on that stage. The critics conveniently looked the other way in every other aspects of the concert and massacred Dave & co. because of the excellent musicianship displayed on stage. Go figure.

Metallica? They were cheered, of course. Because a Metallica concert nowadays is a concert you can go too with your parents AND granparents. Maybe you can take the wife and kids too, 'cause they surely won't be playing only of their Thrash Metal classics, the older stuff being from the Black Album. Only family friendly "Metal" anthems. Pack your family up in your mini van and go have a picnic while watching James & co. doing their antics on stage. Hell, if you're lucky, maybe VAN HAGAR will be the opening act.

Disgusting...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

It's not disgusting at all because thrash lives with Mustaine now.

!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

Imapus Sylicker says:
        "Because a Metallica concert nowadays is a concert you can go too with your parents AND granparents. Maybe you can take the wife and kids too, 'cause they surely won't be playing only of their Thrash Metal classics" "Pack your family up in your mini van and go have a picnic while watching James & co. doing their antics on stage"

I just may pack my family (7 year old daughter included-she knows whats cool) up in the SUV and go see Megadeth because we love REAL metal and that just the way we roll.
        Last edited by Tiki-Tom; 07-30-2006, 01:45 AM.
        [

Comment

• Soul Reaper
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
          I think that there is more to it than that. Marty said that he loves pop music, and thrash never did it for him. Do you think that there may have been another reason that he was not allowed to speak of?
          there's a Japanese guitarist programme called Hebimetal-san, which Marty hosts.....he likes a lot of J-Pop....

there's an episode of him and Paul Gilbert duelling it out on guitar....I don't understand japanese but I know how they play the 'games'....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/peQiudKTyiE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/peQiudKTyiE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
          ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
            there's a Japanese guitarist programme called Hebimetal-san, which Marty hosts.....he likes a lot of J-Pop....

there's an episode of him and Paul Gilbert duelling it out on guitar....I don't understand japanese but I know how they play the 'games'....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/peQiudKTyiE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/peQiudKTyiE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
            Cool video! I never understood why anyone would join the world's state of the art speed metal band but love pop.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
              Cool video! I never understood why anyone would join the world's state of the art speed metal band but love pop.
              he must have an INCREDIBLY broad taste then.....
              ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Whatever happened to Chris Poland? He doesn't play metl anymore. He's fruity like Vai. Great guitarist though. Favorite Megadeth lineup:

Mustaine
                Ellefson
                Friedman
                Menza
                Vic
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Whatever happened to Chris Poland? He doesn't play metl anymore. He's fruity like Vai. Great guitarist though. Favorite Megadeth lineup:

Mustaine
                  Ellefson
                  Friedman
                  Menza
                  Vic
                  Yep, that's the most solid line up. Although it would have been interesting if Gasr had stuck around on drums - that guy was a monster!
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Whatever happened to Chris Poland? He doesn't play metl anymore. He's fruity like Vai. Great guitarist though.
                    He was on parts of the last disc -
                    The System Has Failed
                    [

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
                      he must have an INCREDIBLY broad taste then.....
                      Yeah.... I read on his Wikipedia article that he speaks fluent Japanese.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
                        He was on parts of the last disc -
                        The System Has Failed
                        I read that he (Chris Poland) played his parts and mailed them to Mustaine to incorporate into the songs. He never actually was in studio with them. I wonder how much influence he had in writing Black Friday, My Last Words & Devils Island.

PAINT THE DEVIL ON THE WALL
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I read that he (Chris Poland) played his parts and mailed them to Mustaine to incorporate into the songs. He never actually was in studio with them. I wonder how much influence he had in writing Black Friday, My Last Words & Devils Island.

PAINT THE DEVIL ON THE WALL
                          I doubt he had much influence on the writing - Mustaine has always kept that too himself.

but Poland did bring a lot of fluidity to the bands sound....

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            I doubt he had much influence on the writing - Mustaine has always kept that too himself.

but Poland did bring a lot of fluidity to the bands sound....
                            It's a shame he's out of the band. He seems to be the most even tempered one of them all.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

My buddies and I always called Gar "The blurry one" because on the Peace Sells album cover his picture is kinda blurry. When Megadeth opened for Alice Cooper on the Peace Sells tour, we were hanging out near the backstage entrance of the Sports Arena and saw Gar walking around about 100 feet from us. HE WAS BLURRY IN REAL LIFE TOO! LMFAO! True story.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

My buddies and I always called Gar "The blurry one" because on the Peace Sells album cover his picture is kinda blurry. When Megadeth opened for Alice Cooper on the Peace Sells tour, we were hanging out near the backstage entrance of the Sports Arena and saw Gar walking around about 100 feet from us. HE WAS BLURRY IN REAL LIFE TOO! LMFAO! True story.
                                Good story. Maybe his blurriness was due to his prodigous drug intake!

Comment

Working...