Thread: Re: Van Hagar victimized in "Top Ten Rock Diss Songs" list!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Van Hagar victimized in "Top Ten Rock Diss Songs" list!

Originally posted by rustoffa
    So...you like old news warmed over? Me niether, but this shit is funny. It's a goddamned double-negative. Marching To Mars...On The Other Hand....

Apparently, it was roy's defining moment!!

I had never cuntsidered what an ass-whooping he put on his former bandmates!!!!

This dude's a pro, y'all...

Top 10: Rock Diss Songs
    By Craig Mazin
    Entertainment Correspondent - Every other Wednesday

A good comeback is tough to pull off. When crossed, most people usually respond ineffectually, either resorting to a feeble string of obscenities or just sitting and stewing silently. Talented musicians have a more effective venue for expressing their displeasure to an unfaithful significant other or a backstabbing friend -- the diss song. By composing a radio-friendly diatribe, a musician can ensure that the intended target -- and millions of others -- will know all too well that they did wrong.

So in honor of the nasty comeback, here are the top 10 rock and roll diss songs. A couple of ground rules have been set. Every second pop song is a lament about some no-good man or woman, so in the interest of thinning the field, we've limited our list to those songs that pinpoint an identifiable, publicly-known individual as the focus. Also, the rap diss is such a massive genre that it merits consideration on its own, so any rap entries will be withheld for inclusion on a separate list in the future.

Number 9
    "On The Other Hand" - 1997
    Sammy Hagar

Say what you want about Van Hagar, but Sammy at least turned out to be a commercially successful and popular replacement for the original vocalist, David Lee Roth. In 1995, Hagar disagreed with his bandmates and management: He wanted to record a new studio album, considering that VH had released a live album in 1993. During a separate misunderstanding, Hagar was justifiably perturbed when Eddie Van Halen brought in Diamond Dave to record two new tracks for the Best of Volume 1 compilation.

It’s a little muddy, but Van Halen's supposed insistence that the turn-about was only temporary didn't placate Hagar, who supposedly responded by quitting the band and relaunching his solo career with Marching To Mars in 1997. The album was a surprisingly successful old-style, hard-rock album filled with thinly disguised verbal darts aimed at Eddie and Alex Van Halen. The most direct of these creeds was “On The Other Hand,” a bluesy put-down referencing the Van Halens' duplicitousness.

Aftermath: Full-time replacement (former Extreme singer) Gary Cherone stiffed horribly, as Van Halen III sold a fraction of the albums that Van Hagar averaged. Hagar eventually returned to Van Halen for a tour in 2004, but tensions flared again and plans for a new album were shelved.

LINK

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Marching to Uranus was a piece of shit. I was actually somewhat impressed with Sam's badmouthing of the sisters (this was AFTER they fucked Dave over) in the press...not enough to actually buy the album, but a buddy of mine was.

He popped it into his car stereo (his vehicle)...we listed to it for about three or four minutes...skipping through the tracks...finally he opened his window and tossed his brand new Marching to Uranus out into the freeway, where it was promptly given it's just due and completely obliterated.

"You know," he said, "that album sucks even more than his other stuff sucks."

"That's a lot of sucking," I commented.

"That's right," he replied.

Not another word was exchanged while he inserted Fair Warning into the CD player...

The moral of the story?

With or without the sisters...Sammy Hagar fucking sucks.

And as the MCP would be apt to say...

"End of line."
    Twistin' by the pool.

Loons The Great
    Plans for a new album were shelved...ALL HELL YEZ YEZ YEZ!!!!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Love Bueno Bob's new "Wanted" Pic................that is just too cool and poor Darth Vadar looks alittle shriveled up as a dead guy alongside J.R...........the only thing missing is SPAM ?
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bantonelli
    Love Bueno Bob's new "Wanted" Pic................that is just too cool and poor Darth Vadar looks alittle shriveled up as a dead guy alongside J.R...........the only thing missing is SPAM ?
    How myself and my Pen brothers got out of that little pickle is an amazing story...I will tell it sometime...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nothing says "Rock and Roll" like songs about infighting in one's former rock band.

Van Hagar has turned into an even funnier version of Spinal Tap.

Seriously, where is the full-length movie?
    Roth Army Canada

The Sugared One!
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Hagar is for pussies, i would rather take an unsterilised surgical tool and insert it into my bellend than listen to this shit.

Hagar should stay solo in future instead of infesting Van Halen with his shitty faggot ballads
    www.myspace.com/nariohockney

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    No shit. At least then he will sink on his own without dragging anyone else down with him.

Christ, he ruined Van Halen.

Sad thing is, the sisters were only happy to assist.

Buncha fucking dickless pussy motherfuckers...

Thread Information