X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Mel Gibson busted for DUI!

HA! Must have been all the sacramental wine the santimonious dope was drinking!

Mel Gibson Arrested for DUI By Joal Ryan
    18 minutes ago

If pain, as Mel Gibson has said, is "the precursor to change," then the Oscar-winning star may be bound for a new direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson, 50, was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving at 2:36 a.m. Friday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The actor-director was detained while driving along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the sheriff's department. Gibson was booked and later released from custody.

"Right now, it's an ongoing investigation," Whitmore told E! News.

Gibson's bail was set at $5,000, online records show.

This is at least the second DUI arrest for Gibson, though the first since he was widely reported to have begun attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the early 1990s. The earlier DUI bust occurred in 1984 in Toronto, where Gibson was filming Mrs. Soffel with Diane Keaton.

Twenty years ago, Gibson responded to his troubles by stepping back from his movie career.

"I wasn't channeling the energy properly," Gibson said in a 2004 CNN profile on the star. "It was too much in the race, and I didn't have enough petrol, but I was going for the finish line anyway."

When Gibson returned to Hollywood, his demons weren't far behind. By 1991, he told ABC News, he thought about jumping out a window.

"I just didn't want to go on," Gibson said.

His problems, Gibson explained, were "spiritual bankruptcy"--and addiction.

"I would get addicted to anything, anything at all," Gibson told ABC News. "Doesn't matter what it is--drugs, booze, anything. You name it--coffee, cigarettes, anything."

Gibson, who went on to win two Oscars for Braveheart, talked up his low points while stumping for 2004's The Passion of the Christ, the gory account of Jesus' final hours. Gibson, who wrote and directed the self-financed epic, said he pursued the biblical tale after reconnecting with his religion and turning his life around.

Last appearing on the big screen in 2004's Paparazzi, the erstwhile Lethal Weapon is scheduled to unveil his latest film as a director, Apocalypto, in December.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

He's going to hell!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

For what ??

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          For what ??
          I forgot to type <b>/sarcasm</b> I guess.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

He's the typical wierd, addicted, Hollywood lying sack of shit. Went the Jesus route because his Hollywood carrer was starting to wain. Making a Jesus flick appeals to the religiouse right and is guareenteed to sell to that market.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Stick a fork in Mel - He'll never work in Hollywood again!

Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff
              Filed under: Celebrity Justice

EXCLUSIVE: MEL GIBSONTMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is fucked." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother fuckerr. I'm going to fuck you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "Fucking Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "fucked" he was and how he was going to "fuck" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

Gibson's rep Alan Nierob tells TMZ: "We are unaware of any of the information you mentioned in your email pertaining to a police report."

Read the police report here

Link
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No wonder Cartman idolizes him.....
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And he must have been really shitfaced if he thought a Korean cop was Jewish.....
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

There's a Road Warrior joke in here somewhere...hang on...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Re: Stick a fork in Mel - He'll never work in Hollywood again!

Originally posted by FORD
                      Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff
                      Filed under: Celebrity Justice

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother fuckerr. I'm going to fuck you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "Fucking Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

Read the police report here

Link
                      That is fucked up! And this guy was DEFENSIVE when people said he was anti-semetic after that piece of shit movie he made.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• MAPRamone
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2006

WOW!!! Sugar Tits is a damn cool epiteth though!
                        dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm still trying to figure out how the "fucking Jews" are to blame for his drunk driving. Unless he got shitfaced on Kosher wine or something....
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                            No wonder Cartman idolizes him.....
                            Matt and Trey were dead on in that episode, looking back on it.

Anyways, Gibson made a few god flicks, Fuck, Even I liked Passion, and I'm not to huge on Religous films. Patriot, Road Warrior, Braveheart all great.

It is sad he had to say something that stupid, But doesn't shock me.

I'm waiting though, for the Extreme Religous Right to go after him for this or not.

Did you how pissed they got over Bono saying "Fuck" on the air?
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Mel Gibson apologizes for DUI arrest

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
                              11 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He said he was taking "necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond Gibson's statement, and sherrif's Sgt. Rich Erickson declined to respond, saying the case was still under investigation.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding at 2:36 a.m. Friday. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

The actor-director posted $5,000 bail and was released less than two hours later.

Gibson also apologized Saturday for what he called "my belligerent behavior" when he was taken into custody.

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said, adding he "said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

Nierob and sheriff's officials declined to discuss what Gibson said.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart" and had a 2004 religious blockbuster with "The Passion of the Christ." He also starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other movies.

Link

Comment

Working...