X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

[size=1]The Latest Hit Run: Manny Ramirez[/size]

He's fucking hotter than a firecracker...

29 in a row today...

56 is out of the question...but this kid can fucking hit?

any predictions?

(take note...every time I've posted a thread during a hit streak like this...it's ended the next game...lmfao)

I'm going for 35 here...

but won't be surprised if it's 29...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

You need a good amount of luck to keep the streaks going...

I know he's gotten a couple of hits late in the games this week....

But yeah, 35 sounds about right....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't know if Dimaggio's hit streak record will ever be broken. That one seems like it's unbreakable. The more players try, and fail, to get anywhere remotely close to that record, the more you realise just what a big achievement that was by Dimaggio.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Little Texan
        I don't know if Dimaggio's hit streak record will ever be broken. That one seems like it's unbreakable. The more players try, and fail, to get anywhere remotely close to that record, the more you realise just what a big achievement that was by Dimaggio.
        Well, just to add a little spice onto Joe D's streak...

If it wasn't for 2 great stops at 3rd base in game #57, he would have hit in 73 straight games....

Because after the 57th game, in which he finally went 0-fer, he started another streak and hit in 16 consecutive games....

And oh yeah, in minor league in 1933, he had a 61 game hitting streak...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

He got 30 today.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Keltner's plays...were more an adjustment of Dimaggio's stubbornness than anything else...

I think one of the plays...in a show of gamesmanship...Keltner challenged Dimaggio to bunt on him by backing all the way up to the edge of the grass (JoeD never bunted for a hit during the streak), and Dimaggio promply smashed a shot down the line that Keltner fielded...and nipped him from the foul grounds...

the other play, Keltner was standing right where Dimaggio hit it...

Boudreau's play...was a bad hop that LB snagged by his head...for a double play...

I think Dimaggio never had 2 games in a row during that season without a hit...and I think the Yanks went something like 45 and 11 during the streak. I could look it up...but fuck it.

The amazing piece of the streak is that it's never been CLOSE to being touched since then...

Rose with 44 (tied Keeler for 2nd I think) in 1978...

Molitar with 39 in 86 or 87...

Rollins made it to 38...but had an off-season in between...

a few others...

Ty Cobb had a 40 gamer...and I think a 35 gamer...the only to have 35 or more...twice...and hit something like .480 if you combine both streaks...which is fucking incredible...

Utley's at 30...and the people to get to 30...and crash and burn before 35 are numerous...

the real pressure with start at the magic 35 game mark...

and...

you still have 21 games to go just to tie Dimaggio...

luck is a big piece...but media may be even bigger. Baseball was big back then...but rumors of the US joining WW2 were swallowing up most of the radio news...

but the summer of 41 was huge...

and the dancing of Williams and Dimaggio...wow...

Teddy ballgame throws down .406...the last person to hit .400...and doesn't win the MVP...

but 56 in a row...

wow...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Utley rolls to 33 tonight...

and hotter than a firecracker...

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ruth's record fell this year (though tainted). Maris's record fell recently (again tainted).

I am going to have to be selfish on this one and I hope he doesn't do it. :p

Not that I'm worried about it he's a loooong way off still.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Utley's 0-4 right now...led of the 7th...

he MAY have one more at bat...

it may be over...

and irregardless...he won't break it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Utley will be up again...probably this inning...

Delucci up with runners on 2nd and 3rd...one out...

Utley on deck...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Okay...Delucci was pinch hit for...and the dude hit a triple...scored two...

Utley is up...1 out...runner on third...

0-4 so far...

this is it...they are up 11-7...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

0-1 count...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Well?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Fielders choice...0-5...

now he needs a miracle to get on base...

Howard singled...

2 outs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I take that back...1 out...

Utley reached...

not a single...

Comment

Working...