X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    this year will be two in a row for texas against OU, two in a row for texas vs Ohio St. and two in a row for national championships if the prior two in a rows hold to be true
    You may be two optimistic.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

What can I say...young fans tend to talk out their ass...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• EbDawson
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        ..young fans tend to talk out their ass...
        Just young fans?
        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Moreso...I mean...the fuckers think they know more than I do...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
            well this year will be two in a row for texas against OU, and also two in a row for texas vs Ohio St. and two in a row for national championships if the prior two in a rows hold to be true
            Texas WILL NOT win the Nat'l championship with a freshman at QB. They will easily falter somewhere along the line, mostly likely early against OSU.

Hell they wouldn't have won it last year if not for the heroics of Vince Young. One man beat an entire team, I've never seen anything like it in my life. The most frustrating game I've ever watched, because we couldn't fucking contain ONE guy. That and of course 4th down with Reggie Bush on the sidelines, I don't care how many fucking times Carroll says he's run that same play with Bush on the bench.
            Last edited by Brett; 08-28-2006, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• EbDawson
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Brett
              Texas WILL NOT win the Nat'l championship with a freshman at QB. They will easily falter somewhere along the line, mostly likely early against OSU.

Colt McCoy, the redshirt freshmen qb, dating myself here but I played college ball with his dad, Brad, he was a db. Now I only found this out a while back reading his profile on a UT website. In my defense Brad had kids at a very early age and he was a couple of years older. Neat though, huh?

Anyway both the young QB's there, McCoy and Jevan Snead, are very talented, can't replace the plays VY made with his feet though. Texas is very deep every where else. Right now, I'd be happy with a Big 12 title and a BCS bowl berth. It's doable.

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

The thing about McCoy and Snead is that they are both pocket passers. Vince was not. Vince made it very easy for that line...because he moved around a lot...avoided the rush. McCoy and Snead both won't be near as effective...so there are many questions.

I have seen Freshmen do weird things...and they have a lot of talent around. If they can avoid mistakes...AND if they beat OSU...which is possible...

The CAN win the National Title...

by December...freshman aren't freshman any more...

do I think it will happen?

No.

Do I think OSU will beat them by more than 7?

Yes...

and so it begins...

Comment

• EbDawson
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  The thing about McCoy and Snead is that they are both pocket passers. Vince was not. Vince made it very easy for that line...because he moved around a lot...avoided the rush. McCoy and Snead both won't be near as effective...so there are many questions.

and so it begins . . .
                  You're right, there are many questions. We'll see I guess. Can't wait for Sept. 9!

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Also re: Texas, in the Tank McNamera (?) comic strip today, it's about Ramonce Taylor, the Longhorn rb that was popped for marijuana a couple months ago. Funny, I guess. He left the school on his own, not sure if he was/is looking at a conviction. They're so deep there, he won't be missed.

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Here's the strip (I hope)

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

Working...