X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sharehole
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Sep 2005

The rag Rolling Stone

Check out Rolling Stone's new article on their web site about bands that should reunite. They excluded Van Halen but some dude named David under the comments section repeated Van Halen over and over.

Still some people out there that undestnad the greatness of the ultimate party/good time band!
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

The Kinks Nope, To Old
    Buffalo Springfield- Who are they?
    Pink Floyd- Yeah
    Led Zeppelin- Will never happen without Bonzo, They could do something with page/plant/jones and possibly either Dave Grohl or Bonham Jr.
    The Talking Heads- Not more than CVH.
    The Smiths- Not more than CVH
    Rage Against The Machine-Would make great tunes in the BCE era, No arguing that. Again, not more than CVH.
    Pavement- Ummm,Who Are They?
    The Stone Roses- The Same.

What a joke list.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

UNCHAINME | 8/7/2006, 6:27 pm EST

CLASSIC VAN HALEN W/ DLR
      GUNS N’ ROSES

This list is a JOKE for not having those two. Made some of the Greatest Rock And Rollin’ Tunes Ever.

I posted this.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

The punk is probably about 25 years old, and his favorite song is "Love Walks In"....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Who The Hell is Pavement?

Never heard of that band in my life.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2006

From what I've read, Rolling Stone's picks are a joke anyway.........after all, isn't the editor, Jan Weiner, an old hippie-dippy of the 60's era?

I've read that Jan Weiner and his team that make up the committee for those getting inducted into the ROCK n' ROLL HALL OF FAME will not have Van Halen in mind....they just don't appreciate anything beyond the music of their era....... Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead and Springsteen.

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I may have just done the most idiotic ever as I posted this:

Coyote | 8/7/2006, 6:50 pm EST

Van Halen.

Screw every other band mentioned.
              (If you’re wondering why… you’ve got a MAJOR gap in your rock history.)

And I was just the guy to do it.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

The only Bands that I truly see worth reuniniting on that list are Zep and Floyd. All others are just not worth the hype. CVH deserves it way more.

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Indie-rock to yours truly is like P.Diddy or Paris Hilton, a novelty that lingers on for way too long.
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    The Kinks Nope, To Old
                    Not to mention Dave Davies was on his deathbed last I heard. And Ray not doing much better.

Buffalo Springfield- Who are they?
                    That was the band that Stephen Stills and Neil Young were in before they met Crosby and Nash. Their biggest hit was a song called "For What It's Worth". If that title means nothing to you, the song goes a little something like this.....

There's something happening here
                    What it is ain't exactly clear
                    There's a man with a gun over there
                    Telling me I got to beware
                    I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
                    Everybody look what's going down

Clearly a classic song, and applicable to the current times as well. But there's no point in reuniting the band when it's principal members are on tour right now in their "other" group. And probably playing that song in their set list.

Pink Floyd- Yeah
                    Absolutely. The fact that Mason is now touring with Waters pretty much seals the fact that it ain't the band members themselves, it's just the fact that Gilmour thinks he's too old for a big tour anymore. Shit, play clubs then. I'll forgive you for leaving the Wall bricks and the flying pigs at home if you just fucking show up and play, for fucks sake!

Led Zeppelin- Will never happen without Bonzo, They could do something with page/plant/jones and possibly either Dave Grohl or Bonham Jr.
                    Hoped for this one for years. But once Plant dismissed Zeppelin as a "boy band" I gave up on it.

The Talking Heads- Not more than CVH.
                    The Smiths- Not more than CVH
                    Rage Against The Machine-Would make great tunes in the BCE era, No arguing that. Again, not more than CVH.
                    Never got to see the Talking Heads or the Smiths. What the hell is Johnny Marr doing anyway? Haven't heard much from him since the Smiths split up, while Morrissey remains his depressing old self.

I'd love to see a Rage/Soundgarden/Audioslave tour. That would kick ass. BTW, why the fuck isn't Soundgarden on this list??

Pavement- Ummm,Who Are They?
                    The Stone Roses- The Same.

What a joke list.
                    Pavement was big in the 1990's, I guess, but I'll be damned if I can remember any of their songs. And the Stone Roses never really caught on in the US, I don't think. Nothing earth shattering there.
                    Last edited by FORD; 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Coyote
                      I may have just done the most idiotic ever as I posted this:

Coyote | 8/7/2006, 6:50 pm EST

Van Halen.

Screw every other band mentioned.
                      (If you’re wondering why… you’ve got a MAJOR gap in your rock history.)

YOU DA MAN, COYOTE!!!!

And I was just the guy to do it.

Comment

• Ice Cream Girl
                        Roadie
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                        BTW, why the fuck isn't Soundgarden on this list??
                        [/B]
                        Yeah, I'd be happy to see them do just the "B" sides from SuperUnknown.

I think I would be giving any tasteless moron at Rolling Stone too much credit by thinking they left Van Halen off the list on purpose to see what kind of controversial reaction that would generate online and in reader responses.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Another 2 bands not mentioned that I would like to see:

Journey
                          The Police
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

rusty | 8/7/2006, 11:35 pm EST

Van Halen
                            Black Flag
                            The Dead Kennedys

Like, all at once. Think huge backyard party in SoCal. Rollins could smooth things over with Dave, Ginn could loan Ed his echoplex, and Jello provides comedic relief! Next thing you know? “LOOK AT ALL THE BLEEDING PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT!!!”

A re-united VH blasts’ into “Atomic Punk”, and straggling members of JFA light a house on fire!!!

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa

rusty | 8/7/2006, 11:35 pm EST

Van Halen
                              Black Flag
                              The Dead Kennedys

Like, all at once. Think huge backyard party in SoCal. Rollins could smooth things over with Dave, Ginn could loan Ed his echoplex, and Jello provides comedic relief! Next thing you know? “LOOK AT ALL THE BLEEDING PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT!!!”

A re-united VH blasts’ into “Atomic Punk”, and straggling members of JFA light a house on fire!!!
                              I am so fucking THERE! When's the show??
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...