Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

What began with Honorable Intentions.......now breeds Doubt and Anger

Originally posted by a friend of POJO_Risin

I'm going to quote...

"I joined the Army 15 years ago because I felt that the United States has a right to defend other countries against those that feel the need to take away their freedoms. In this way, the United States shows the world that freedom deserves defending. We defended Kuwait all those years ago from a maniac. We didn't join, and we spent many cold beers talking about a mistake that we made. The funny thing is that the one thing that always left us in a hazy shade of gray was the fact that Kuwait WASN'T the United States, and we weren't defending our country. I'm about to serve my second tour of Iraq now, and after all those years of wondering, I now think I understand our fatal flaw, and our fatal understanding of our discussions, and how I now think that you made the right move, and I perhaps didn't. We both share a love of this country. We both would defend her colors no matter what....9/11...That was why I joined this Army. I joined this Army to defend her borders, to hunt down the people that don't respect the freedom that we represent. To protect the land that our fathers helped build.

Kuwait? They were opressed by another leader, and that would have effected our borders, I'm sure of that. Afghanistan? Osama Bin Laden, Al Queida, we should stay there, and in Pakistan, until the job is done. Of that, I'm sure of. Iraq? To get the guy that opressed so many all those years ago, and ever since? I'm sure of that. But now? We sit here day after day, policing people that don't want us here. Walking down the street could be the end. You look at the faces of the Iraqi people, and most are staring at you with hatred or fear. Every so often you'll catch a look that really scares you in the crowd, and chances are, that person will end up dead, and taking out a few friends as well. Every so often, you'll see that face, of a kid, who wants to live like we did as kids, and you'll almost think we are doing the right thing.

This isn't the United States' war anymore. It ended a couple of years ago. Right now, there are so many of us that continue to serve because of an oath, but continue to doubt why we are here. If I survive this war, I will retire at my nearest opportunity. ....................... It's the US, and that's why I served, to allow us all to have opinions that we can speak out loud.

I just wish that we were defending those right now. Unfortunately, we aren't."

They signed up with the best of intentions, and with honor and purpose......

And they gave their lives..............

Was it worth it?

Not from what I can tell.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Bad Lounge. No cross-posting. /me slaps Lounge's hands.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Bad Lounge. No cross-posting. /me slaps Lounge's hands.

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I could comment on the quote that Elvis brought up...but I'm not going to do it here...

You want to start a thread with that quote...I'll gladly throw you a few words about what I think about it...but again...not here...

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 12:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Brown noser.

Thread Information