X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Also they are banning books at the moment. You can't even read on the fucking flight? Plus all of this will apply the minute you check in so if your flight is delayed for hours you're sitting there bored out your mind.
    Now what happens if you buy a book in one of those airport bookstores?
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
      Now what happens if you buy a book in one of those airport bookstores?
      You can read it but you can't take it on the plane so you better be a speed reader. Shares in the airport bookstores here(WH Smith) have taken a big hit already.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm actually flying to Belfast next week which is probably just about the safest flight you can take because they've had insane security for 30 years now.

It's the pain in the ass inconvenience I'm pissed off about not the danger which is tiny.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian (R -Dishonest)
          Level RED for all flights coming from the UK.

You seem rather excited about this.

I call bulshit on this story just like the one from Florida a few weeks back.
          Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We'll see soon enough if these people get charged.

There have been a few intel fuckups recently so everyone is getting a bit cynical over here.

The police seem very confident this time...

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Bush seeks political gains from foiled plot

by Olivier KnoxThu Aug 10, 2:53 PM ET

US President George W. Bush seized on a foiled London airline bomb plot to hammer unnamed critics he accused of having all but forgotten the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Weighed down by the unpopular war in Iraq, Bush and his aides have tried to shift the national political debate from that conflict to the broader and more popular global war on terrorism ahead of November 7 congressional elections.

The London conspiracy is "a stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists who will use any means to destroy those of us who love freedom, to hurt our nation," the president said on a day trip to Wisconsin.

"It is a mistake to believe there is no threat to the United States of America," he said. "We've taken a lot of measures to protect the American people. But obviously we still aren't completely safe."

His remarks came a day after the White House orchestrated an exceptionally aggressive campaign to tar opposition Democrats as weak on terrorism, knowing what Democrats didn't: News of the plot could soon break.

Vice President Dick Cheney and White House spokesman Tony Snow had argued that Democrats wanted to raise what Snow called "a white flag in the war on terror," citing as evidence the defeat of a three-term Democratic senator who backed the Iraq war in his effort to win renomination.

But Bush aides on Thursday fought the notion that they had exploited their knowledge of the coming British raid to hit Democrats, saying the trigger had been the defeat of Democratic Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut by an anti-war political novice.

"The comments were purely and simply a reaction" to Democratic voters who "removed a pro-defense Senator and sent the message that the party would not tolerate candidates with such views," said Snow.

The public relations offensive "was not done in anticipation. It was not said with the knowledge that this was coming," the spokesman said.

Snow said Bush first learned in detail about the plot on Friday, and received two detailed briefings on it on Saturday and Sunday, as well as had two conversations about it with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

But a senior White House official said that the British government had not launched its raid until well after Cheney held a highly unusual conference call with reporters to attack the Democrats as weak against terrorism.

An aide to Lieberman, who would have been one of the first Democrats to hear of the plot because he is the top Democrat on the Senate Homeland Security Committee, said the lawmaker first heard of it late Wednesday.

On Wednesday, Cheney had suggested that Democrats believe "that somehow we can retreat behind our oceans and not be actively engaged in this conflict and be safe here at home, which clearly we know we won't, we can't, be," he said.

While some Democrats have opposed some steps in the war on terrorism, and more and more are calling for a withdrawal from Iraq, no major figures in the party have called for a wholesale retreat in the broader conflict.

But Bush's Republicans hoped the raid would yield political gains.

"I'd rather be talking about this than all of the other things that Congress hasn't done well," one Republican congressional aide told AFP on condition of anonymity because of possible reprisals.

"Weeks before September 11th, this is going to play big," said another White House official, who also spoke on condition of not being named, adding that some Democratic candidates won't "look as appealing" under the circumstances.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

So they knew about this last week, BUT wouldn't think of tying it to Lieberman's defeat??

Yeah, and I have beachfront property at the Lake of Fire for sale

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  There are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Ignoring the insanity of it I think nuking the Middle East would create a million terrorists. It would be like trying to shoot bees with a glock.
                  haha.

I dunno, it worked against Japan and their suicide bombers. Took the fight right out of them.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                    So they knew about this last week, BUT wouldn't think of tying it to Lieberman's defeat??

Yeah, and I have beachfront property at the Lake of Fire for sale
                    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                      haha.

I dunno, it worked against Japan and their suicide bombers. Took the fight right out of them.
                      And there wasn't anywhere near 1.3 billion Japanese either.

Furthermore, the Japanese suicide bombers who hit Pearl Harbor were dead already, so they didn't give a shit. Well, at least not until I showed them movies of Hiroshima, that is....

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

They have now arrested 24 people, 19 of whom have been named.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• diamondD
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

FORD, were you too embarrassed to post a link to where your story came from? You know, since you immediately dismiss stories based on their source, it seems odd that you would choose to leave that out.
                          Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

The media coverage of this here is really interesting.

We are getting loads on how it might affect flights, luggage etc.....

But very little on the intelligence/ evidence that led to this discovery beyond the fact that it was "international" - someone is being very coy.

I hope this isn't another British Intelligence fuck up.

Also, the links to Al Quaeda are coming from American sources - the British intelligence agencies/ government have yet to put their cards on the table.
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

If this whole story is true, it proves one thing beyond any reasonable doubt.

The so called "War on Terror" is a huge steaming pile of 666% Grade A DRAGONSHIT!!

Nearly 5 years after 911 and 3 1/2 years wasted in Iraq and there is MORE terrorism than ever before.

And the terraists who DO get caught are through good old fashioned police work

Kudos to Scotland Yard. Fuck you's to the BCE.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2005

*sigh*

more scares just to keep the fear at optimum....
                                ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

Working...