Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fat Wolfie
    Roadie
    • Dec 2004

sure, if you want I can fart straight in your mouth. Last time I did it to a mexican bum, he said it's been the best high he's ever had, since he found out heroin.
    http://images.usatoday.com/life/_pho...07/11/imus.jpg

Buy your "Nappy-Headed Ho's" a Colt 45 and a Gorilla to mate with

Comment

• matt19
      Sniper
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      Ed's record sales certainly towered over Randy's
      With how many records? Compaired to two? Thats a little one sided. And its apples and oragnes, completely different. Ed's stuff was more off the cuff, Randy's was more structured. Listen to live stuff, Ed's solos are always a little different, as Randy's sound more like the record.... they were just different. Ask anyone who the greatest guitar player ever was. You will get different opinions from different people depending on taste, age, musical knowlage... just to each his own.
      Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• house0paincakes
        Roadie
        • Apr 2004

Don't forget Frank Zappa and Steve Howe were using tapping in the early '70s. Ed didn't really invent it at all, he just took the credit.

Comment

• if6was9
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2007

Here's the video of Genesis from 1973. Steve Hackett is tapping with a pick - watch 5:04 (counting down):
          <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdD6L4cKKU8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdD6L4cKKU8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
          BTW, Zappa's clips are probably from 1976.
          Last edited by if6was9; 06-23-2007, 07:05 PM.
          Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Eddie's Booze
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2007

Re: Edward Van Halen A Thief?

Originally posted by PHOENIX
            Van Halen A Thief?
            sleazeroxx.com reports: In a recent interview with www.sleazeroxx.com, former Johnny Crash guitarist Christopher Neelley talked about his days on the Sunset Strip scene. The following are some of Chris' comments from the interview:

"I once told Axl (Rose) when he was working at Tower Video on Sunset that he should join my band because that Guns and Roses thing is going nowhere. Months later I auditioned Izzy Stradlin and his buddy Chris Webber. They insisted that they came as a duo and would not accept a gig unless both were hired. I told Chris he had the gig if he wanted it but not Izzy because he sucked and would never do anything as a guitarist. LOL"

"Everything Eddie Van Halen did and got credited with inventing was because Randy Rhoads did it first. Randy invented the second hand on the fret board. He was doing it years before Eddie got famous doing it. Randy knew he was onto something and he actually used to turn his back to the audience when he would do it. I remember hearing the first Van Halen album and thinking what a rip off of Randy. Van Halen was very entertaining. They used to do Motown tunes and hum the horn parts, it was really pretty funny. Had no idea they would be that huge. They were friends with a band called SNOW (pure uncut rock) that featured Carlos Cavazo. I always thought Snow was the band that was going places LOL.
            I'm more interested in tapping this instead.....

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...moking_dog.jpg

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

As soon as Ed hit the stage and started gaining cred for two handed fret stomping .
              All the old dogs rose up and claimed it's been done before!! by who Rustoffa mentioned and others. This news was out in the seventies..

This guy quoted up top was way off course and out of tune-age.
              I remember this reading this story from a long time ago.

The thing the old dogs added, who had any class was -But it was never done like this(Ed)- Ed made it his own and credited others for the first notes.

Kinda like the guy who invented The -oil rig- is the reason, we made it to the Moon.

Kinda Crude neeEds Refinement.

Comment

• stratmaster90
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2006

Tho they both acknowledged each other, Randy stated that Leslie West from the Band Mountian was his biggest influence. along with Mick Ronson from David Bowies band.
                Strat.
                The Beauty of life isn't the pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow, it is the Rainbow.

Comment

• mattschick
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jul 2004

Tapping was not invented by Rhoads or VH. Plenty of accounts of the technique prior to both of them. BTW, Rhoads tapping is remedial at best.
                  Ed was my hero, now Dave is.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

i think i heard about this here on this site about a year or so ago.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I think it's difficult to be involved in music, or any type of art, and not borrow and adapt things from other people.

No-one can be 100% original
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• matt19
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mattschick
                        Tapping was not invented by Rhoads or VH. Plenty of accounts of the technique prior to both of them. BTW, Rhoads tapping is remedial at best.
                        Its structured, not wild. You are remedial. Again apples and oranges.
                        Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Everyone pretty much played guitar the same way until Hendrix hit the scene, and totally reinvented it. The same thing happened once Ed and VH came out. There are alot of great guitar players that came before, during and after those guys, but they didn't reinvent how people looked and played the instrument. Hendrix and Ed changed the whole landscape of guitar playing in the last 40 yrs. They are not even in the same league as other players, they are much beyond that.

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            I think it's difficult to be involved in music, or any type of art, and not borrow and adapt things from other people.

No-one can be 100% original
                            Well, there's one way... Total isolation. But in this day'n'age, it wouldn't work.
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mattschick
                              BTW, Rhoads tapping is remedial at best.
                              You're an idiot.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TVGUY
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2007

He may have been a drunk..But he was no thief!!!
                                Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

Working...