Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 The cartoons of your pre-teen years - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The cartoons of your pre-teen years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unchainme
    Ally Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering .

I think so Unchainme, but how do they get the bologna into those resealable packagea?
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      "My Little Pony"... So cute! Sorry.

I had a whole stable full of ponies, not to mention the tent that went over the bed. I still have the Firefly pony sitting on my dresser and a ceramic pony I painted at a birthday party when I was little. (remember how in the early 90s everyone had a ceramics party?)
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

Oh fuck, George of the Jungle? Roger Ramjet? Rocky & Bullwinkle?

Seriously funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Rocky & Bullwinkle?
          You wanna talk about some artsy-fartsy shit? "They" used to do this viewing thing @ Emory University on Friday nights. Anyway, I cuntvinced an old friend of mine to loop the classic "Thanks alot Mr. Knowitall!!" Rocky clip at the onset.

LMFAO....noone got it.

Comment

I loved Jonny Quest. I have all the old episodes on DVD and my kids love it as much as I did. Good cartoons are timeless.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Ren and Stimpy! Ok i wasn't a pre-teen anymore then. They used to show 5 minute WB toons on TV at 7:20 am when i was a kid. I always watched them before going to school. A few years before that it was Inspector Gadget and Transformers plus some others i don't remember anymore on Sky TV, on cable. And who can forget the original HE-MAN!?
              Skeletor had the coolest bad guy voice this side of James Earl Jones.
              Last edited by MAPRamone; 08-20-2006, 07:01 AM.
              dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

I was a huge fan of Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Jonny Quest, Jonny Sokko and his Giant Robot and of course ULTRAMAN!!!!!!!! Lets not forget the classic Looney Toons, especially the episode where Daffy Duck is Robin Hood. YIKES AND AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Oh fuck, George of the Jungle?
                  That one was hilarious, yes. But it only arrived her in 1983 or so.

There are several toons that that are mentioned here that I've never heard of, but then maybe it's only because of how they were translated.

In 78 we got the Japanese "Goldorak", which made every little boy go nutty as soon as the first 1/10 second of the trailer.

[img]www.geocities.com/flygoldorak/Goldorak_1.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-20-2006, 03:35 PM.
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

... In 78 we got the Japanese "Goldorak", which made every little boy go nutty as soon as the first 1/10 second of the trailer.

[img]www.geocities.com/flygoldorak/Goldorak_1.jpg[/img]

We had that too but being a "girly girl" who prefered the Japanese cartoons like: "Candie", "Heidie", "Mini Fée" etc... I didn't care for "Goldorak"...
                    But the little boys where crasy about it!

"Goldorak, GO!... Goldorak, tu es plus fort que les anges de la mort..." L.O.L.

Did you like "Albator"?
                    I wanted to marry a guy just like him...
                    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                    Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                    Originally posted by VanHalener
                    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                    Originally posted by FORD
                    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

Flintstones, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Underdog, Jetsons, Speed Buggy

Last edited by Mr. Vengeance; 08-20-2006, 06:47 PM.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                        Jérôme Frenchise, don't tell me you didn't "read"; Natasha, Hôtesse de l'Air...
                        My husband always (and STILL) drools over that woman... and woman she is!

Other than that, we liked;
                        "Tintin", "Lucky Luke", "Asterix", "Philou", "Bob Moran", "Rick Ochet", "Albator" et autres...
                        I read almost all of the "Martines"...
                        Weren't you busy watching Passe-Partout or Les Cent Tours De Centour? How about Bobino?
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

We had that too but being a "girly girl" who prefered the Japanese cartoons like: "Candie", "Heidie", "Mini Fée" etc... I didn't care for "Goldorak"...
                          But the little boys where crasy about it!

"Goldorak, GO!... Goldorak, tu es plus fort que les anges de la mort..." L.O.L.

Did you like "Albator"?
                          I wanted to marry a guy just like him...
                          "plus fort que les anges de la mort..."
                          What wouldn't we swallow back then!

Like, "Stronger than the power of death of the Darkness... of death!" :confused:

"Albator" was a bit of that kind.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                            Flintstones, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Underdog, Jetsons, Speed Buggy

I would have dug Speed Buggy if I could have seen it.

There was "Michel Vaillant", as far as comics, that was very well designed at the time.
                            But as far as racing cartoons all I had was "Wacky Races", which was kickass.

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-20-2006, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                              Weren't you busy watching Passe-Partout or Les Cent Tours De Centour? How about Bobino?
                              I watched "Bobino" every single day, from age 3 to 7-8...
                              Also, they had us watch "Les cent tours de Centour" at pre-school, along with "Les Oraliens".

When "Passe-Partout" came on, I was already too old for that (it was really annoying me).

But those where not cartoons.

"Fanfreluche", "Picotine", "Nic st Pic", "Marie 4 Poches", "La Ribouldingue", "Major Plum Pouding", "Sol et Goblet" etc...

WHERE DID YOU GROW UP to know all that?
                              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                              Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                              [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                              Originally posted by VanHalener
                              ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                              Originally posted by FORD
                              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

I watched "Bobino" every single day, from age 3 to 7-8...
                                Also, they had us watch "Les cent tours de Centour" at pre-school, along with "Les Oraliens".

When "Passe-Partout" came on, I was already too old for that (it was really annoying me).

But those where not cartoons.

"Fanfreluche", "Picotine", "Nic st Pic", "Marie 4 Poches", "La Ribouldingue", "Major Plum Pouding", "Sol et Goblet" etc...

WHERE DID YOU GROW UP to know all that?
                                jesus christ....I wonder if you and I were in the same kindergarden class??? We had to watch Centour and Oraliens all the time! With that stupid parrot that was always saying cacaouette (or however peanuts is spelled in french)

I grew up in Westmount. I went to St. Leon grade school.
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...
                                X