Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorter Goddamn Sigs....

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In the first place, Southside Johnny sucks.
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's a big difference between looking like an idiot and trying to explain yourself to someone who doesn't seem to understand.

Obviously, Ally_Kat misses the point. I didn't know that this picture was giving people trouble viewing the site. Had someone PMed me and said "Hey, Shaun, I can't view the site because of your big arse sig", I would have gladly removed it. But no-one did. You notice as soon as people said it was doing that, I removed it. I'm not complaining aboot her comments in particular, but she seems to be taking it personally.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    I was waiting for you to come along and say that!

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are very good with stupid things

such as posts and answers
    Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yea, he reckons Southside Johnny has been living off the coattails of Bruce Springsteen because Springsteen wrote a total of 8 songs for him in his 30 year career. Despite the fact that he hasn't been properly asociated with him since 1978, apart from Bruce's brief appearnce on Southside's "Better Days" album in 1991 and the fact that Southside never talks aboot Bruce in interviews unless he's asked aboot him or the early days when they played together in "Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom", but of course he's gonna talk aboot that cos thats where he got his "Southside" nickname.

Personally, I think its like saying Dave has been living off the coattails of Eddie.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Yea, he reckons Southside Johnny has been living off the coattails of Bruce Springsteen because Springsteen wrote a total of 8 songs for him in his 30 year career. Despite the fact that he hasn't been properly asociated with him since 1978, apart from Bruce's brief appearnce on Southside's "Better Days" album in 1991 and the fact that Southside never talks aboot Bruce in interviews unless he's asked aboot him or the early days when they played together in "Dr Zoom and the Sonic Boom", but of course he's gonna talk aboot that cos thats where he got his "Southside" nickname.

Personally, I think its like saying Dave has been living off the coattails of Eddie.
    And let's see...were those songs the biggest hits of Johnny's "career"? Were just the publicity and momentum he got off Springsteen's name what gave the guy the audience he never would have found otherwise?

Without Springsteen, The Jukes would have been an above average soul covers band and that's it. Maybe they would have got lucky and played a Bar-Mitzvah too along the way, but that's it. THAT'S why Johnny never mentions him in interviews, BECAUSE HE'S ASHAMED. FACT.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No offense, but crossing the line is something more along the lines of stealing your dog and using it for your own sexual desires, not having a big sig.
    Dude. Stop. Seriously.

LoungeMachine has already apologized dozens of times for crossing the line. We don't need to be reminded of his misadventures anymore.

Thank you.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've just bought a dog. What category is that? :eek:

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-24-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    I've just bought a dog. What category is that? :eek:
    Depends on size of the dog

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And let's see...were those songs the biggest hits of Johnny's "career"? Were just the publicity and momentum he got off Springsteen's name what gave the guy the audience he never would have found otherwise?

Without Springsteen, The Jukes would have been an above average soul covers band and that's it. Maybe they would have got lucky and played a Bar-Mitzvah too along the way, but that's it. THAT'S why Johnny never mentions him in interviews, BECAUSE HE'S ASHAMED. FACT.

Yea, but it's not as if South ASKED for those songs, he was given them. Bruce gave him The Fever because "It just didn't fit on his album", he gave him "Talk To Me" and "Hearts of Stone" for the same reason. As a matter of fact, they're the only 3 songs by Springsteen that he still plays out of the 8 (unless you count "Trapped Again", which he co-wrote anyways).

And, actually, I'd say his most well-known songs were by Steve Van Zandt, who wrote them when he was in The Jukes and BEFORE he was in the E-Street Band and also produced the albums in question. "I Don't Want To Go Home", "This Time Baby's Gone For Good", "Take It Inside", "All I Needed Was You", "Its Been A Long Time", "Coming Back", "Got To Be A Better Way Home", "This Time Its For Real" etc. None of THEM written by Springsteen.

And what aboot all the material that has no association with Springsteen OR Van Zandt. WOW! That's over 3/4 of his catalouge and most of his live set.

True, the only reason the record company guys went to check out the bands from Asbury Park was because Bruce was big with "Born To Run" at the time, but, then, loads of record company people went to the Cavern after The Beatles made it big, and they're not living off the coattalis of The Beatles. Actually, most of them aren't living at all.

But, anyways, agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Shaun Ponsonby; 08-25-2006 at 08:05 AM.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Dude. Stop. Seriously.

LoungeMachine has already apologized dozens of times for crossing the line. We don't need to be reminded of his misadventures anymore.

Thank you.

Hey.

The Bitch was Hot.

What can I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yea, but it's not as if South ASKED for those songs, he was given them. Bruce gave him The Fever because "It just didn't fit on his album", he gave him "Talk To Me" and "Hearts of Stone" for the same reason. As a matter of fact, they're the only 3 songs by Springsteen that he still plays out of the 8 (unless you count "Trapped Again", which he co-wrote anyways).

And, actually, I'd say his most well-known songs were by Steve Van Zandt, who wrote them when he was in The Jukes and BEFORE he was in the E-Street Band and also produced the albums in question. "I Don't Want To Go Home", "This Time Baby's Gone For Good", "Take It Inside", "All I Needed Was You", "Its Been A Long Time", "Coming Back", "Got To Be A Better Way Home", "This Time Its For Real" etc. None of THEM written by Springsteen.

And what aboot all the material that has no association with Springsteen OR Van Zandt. WOW! That's over 3/4 of his catalouge and most of his live set.

True, the only reason the record company guys went to check out the bands from Asbury Park was because Bruce was big with "Born To Run" at the time, but, then, loads of record company people went to the Cavern after The Beatles made it big, and they're not living off the coattalis of The Beatles. Actually, most of them aren't living at all.

But, anyways, agree to disagree.
    Wow. It really is easy to push this guys buttons, isn't it?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just be glad Lounge hasn't quoted my sig.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've shortened mine. My old one looked short compared to LoungeMachine's. I think War and Peace is quoted in there somewhere.
    Last edited by MERRYKISSMASS2U; 08-26-2006 at 12:04 AM.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow. It really is easy to push this guys buttons, isn't it?
    Usaully...no.

Earlier I was a bit bothered by the fact that Ally_Kat couldn't accept that I didn't know my sig was making it difficult for people to view the site.

And, with you, its just because I think you are a pessimistic cunt and hate your guts.

Thread Information