Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: When did the Frontline turn to shit?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondD
    Hey Nick, this is what happens when you go away from the computer. Try it sometime...

My Summer Vacation

As a matter of fact, I encourage everyone to check it out. It'll soothe everyone's nerves.
    Golly, maybe you didn't notice that I didn't post at all between May and most of June. And for a couple weeks in July as well.
    I guess we'll chalk that one up to your many "I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about" posts.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Ahh, the personal attack, insinuating you have a life, and no one else does

Nick was gone for a couple of months, guess you didn't notice.

I see this is the going to be the surrogate "proxy-war" since you've vowed not to post in the FL any longer.

But you'll still get your personal digs in regardless, right?

Yeah, everyone knows Loungemachine never resorts to personal attacks. Get real.

And no, no proxy war. I'm out of this one. Have fun.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ODShowtime
    It's really interested to see how bi-partisan THIS debate is.
    All they managed to do was move the fighting from one forum to another

Pojo will be filled with sheer joy, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, everyone knows Loungemachine never resorts to personal attacks. Get real.

And no, no proxy war. I'm out of this one. Have fun.
    You can't point to where I said I didn't

I'm not the one bitching about the forum, skippy.

buh-bye now

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    None of my friends are in those photos. I feel pretty safe they can't be used against me.
    I'll take your word for it.

The thread has zero interest to me....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All they managed to do was move the fighting from one forum to another

Pojo will be filled with sheer joy, I'm sure.

Quit acting like your innocent. You've got as much invested in that steaming pile of a forum as everyone else here.

You can do your part to make the Frontline a place of wonderful, thoughtful debate by placing that fifth grade namecalling in your back pocket.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Quit acting like your innocent. You've got as much invested in that steaming pile of a forum as everyone else here.

Okay, smartass.....

I'm calling you on this.

POINT OUT WHERE IN THIS THREAD I HAVE ACTED INNOCENT

[ so much for your [not you're] "Im staying out of this"]

Try to grasp this, okay?

I.
    DIDNT.
    START.
    THIS.
    THREAD.

I have no complaints worthy of a FEEDBACK thread about the forum.

The only complaint I ever had, was when YOU lied about me. And even that I kept private [MR]

However, it was YOU who called for the ELIMINATION of the forum you call a "steaming pile of a forum"

If it's so bad, and you think it should be gone, why do you continue to post, mod, and start threads?

hypocrite.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: When did the Frontline turn to shit?

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Now, we have mods that change the titles of threads, shitcan threads that don't conform to their own political views, and are just cowards in general.
    This is actually a great point. These sorts of shennanigans would never have happened with ELVIS and FORD were mods.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: When did the Frontline turn to shit?

Originally posted by Dr. Love
    This is actually a great point. These sorts of shennanigans would never have happened with ELVIS and FORD were mods.

LMMFAO

The fog of War.

Harkening back to the good old days when it was ELVIS and FORD who changed threads, deleted posts, and hurled insults.

And isn't it funny, considering our dear ELVIS, Mr. Christian himself is the biggest, foulmouthed insult slinger on these boards.

FORD

ELVIS

Hey, this is nothing more than an attack on us Non-Cap Lock Mods.

They hate us because we're not LOUNGE MACHINE or NICKDFRESH

Bring back the Cap-Lock Mods !!!!!

They never edited, deleted, moved, or insulted......

GOD O' LINKS
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Listen up, you so-called mods needs to run this shit like I runs mine. I keep dem niggaz in line!

Any low life bitch wanna fuck wit my shiz will find themselves bizanned for life!

VHForums! We ain't afraid to bans you niggaz!

No fuckin' fag pictures ethers.

Piece.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brettt
    Listen up, you so-called mods needs to run this shit like I runs mine. I keep dem niggaz in line!

Any low life bitch wanna fuck wit my shiz will find themselves bizanned for life!

VHForums! We ain't afraid to bans you niggaz!

No fuckin' fag pictures ethers.

Piece.

Fuck off ALBERT...
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's not Albert. And it was actually kind of funny.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    Nick, reading comprehension. How many posts am I going to have to make before you stop your attitude about me using your post as an example?

It was a classic example of what goes on in that forum. It was the first post in response to the thread. It could have been written by you, it could have been written by Warham, it could have been written by Pojo. I wouldn't have given a fuck. It is the general template of responses in that forum. You just happened to have been the guy who jumped to do it. Let's drop the partisan crap and be honest. If the shoe was on the other foot, if it was someone with views you supported and someone with views you didn't support posted a reply similar to yours and I used it as my example (which I would have done), you wouldn't be sitting here fighting with me. If I had quoted BBB in an insult-filled response to someone else who started this thread, you'd be happier than a pig in shit at me. But no, you're claiming that I'm paranoid. Of which, claiming that I am is laughable at best. Offering a critique, with which many people agree with me either all or parts, is in no way acting persectured or grand. And that second definition -- you never had a problem with this "tendency" before as I've stated this critque and said action needs to be taken several times. And being suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others, the others in this case being the people on both sides of the aisle who are engaging in this behavior -- So what, I just hate everyone who posts in The Front Line now? Seriously, Nick. Think about what you're accusing me of.

You yourself stated that "hey, I got insulted my 3rd post there so I just dished it back." You stated my exact point in your defense of why you first responded to this thread like you did. And I told you that unfortunately you started posted when the forum was turning into what it is today. I never stated you as the evil within The Front Line. I've made two posts within this thread, directly to you, correcting what you keep babbling about. I've made a post in the mod forum. I've made mod posts. How many posts, in different fashions, am I going to have to make before you stop saying this?

You damn well know I wasn't blaming you. You've participated in threads like this before with me and you never had a complaint on my viewpoint. Now, suddenly, because I pointed out a behavior and it happened to be done by you, I'm wrong and accusing you?

And you know what? We'll never have a solution if we don't correct responses like that. Hell, if we're mods and that's how we respond within and about the forum, what kind of example are we giving others in that forum? A foot needs to be put down on that behavior. This isn't, "oh if you can't take the heat..." because what does it get you? A forum not about politics but on how which viewpoint can out-insult the other? The Dump how it was back in the old days? Is that what we want? I can honestly say, as a member of the RothArmy team, that no -- I do not want that forum to be that way. Sarge made it for a reason and that forum served its reason well until the batch of aliases, trolls, and other random shit-stirrers came and messed it up. Because when they did come, their behavior rubbed off onto some members of the forum and it influenced some people who just started posting there (not just you), making them think that it was "normal" to do such, when it wasn't. And it snowballed, until we end up where we stand now.

You want a solution? Here we go:

Speak softly and carry one hell of a big stick.

Make an announcement in the forum that things are going to change. You can post an article, you can post an op-ed, but you better bring it and engage that conversation on why you support or don't support that or if you want to know what everyone else thinks (for those with no particular stance on the topic but found it interesting).

You make it clear, that unless it is innocent teasing, insults and attacks based on viewpoints alone will not be tolerated. When it happens, post warnings within the thread. If it continues, lock the thread, because obviously that's all the thread is going to be used for. This doesn't mean there's a thread posted and we claim it to be spam and lock it. Give it some time to see if there's a discussion. If not, let it die.

When modding (both sides, so no one thinks I'm attacking them since this is all within one post), drop the personal viewpoints on the issue and/or the poster. Come up, together, with a list of warning signals that might indicate trouble. And I say this because I've witnessed the part situations. Come to an accepted understanding. Be willing (all parties involved) to make some compromises. Don't approach the table (all parties involved) that the "other side of the aisle" has some agenda. And if there is a personal agenda (all parties invovled), drop it. Make the true agenda returning the forum to what it was designed for. It promoted discussion; It wasn't based on "he's a this" or "she's a that" and buddying up to tag-team besed on viewpoints in threads.

And I know some of you (general, public addressed, plural you) are going, "that cunt is crazy with her coming to a general mod consensus, having general guidelines, etc. It's just a stupid messageboard." But the fact of the matter is that it needs a good ceaning out behavior-wise. I'm not saying it needs to be strict as a private school, because what would The Front Line/War Zone be without such wonderful, playful threads as, "The BCE is hacking my computer." The point is that you can have off-color threads where maybe a fight or two breaks out but it doesn't go so serious that there's 30 pages of strict fighting or that it infects other threads, or even take over the entire forum, like it has now.

And anyone can mock me, but that's been my solution for the longest and if The Front Line is dissolved and that kind of discussion comes to Non, I'll have a convo with Coyote and how we want to handle that issue based on what we noticed in that forum.
    LOL Ally, sorry pookey, but I'm calling this one. 'Cause I've sort of had it. Don't pretend this is some sort of unbiased commentary, and you just happened to see the FrontLine devolve into some partisan rant-fest one day. Yeah, you're the first one to jump on Elvis' case for his classic cut and paste responses: "you're an idiot" or his lovely little racist tirades of hate against the "******s" or BBBs: "you are ignorant." Wow, that was so conducive to discussion. You've never criticized BBB, Elvis, or Dr.MadVibe ONCE! So don't sit on your high horse and pretend you're putting forth some unbiased commentary on the overweening problems in the Frontline, that you don't have your own little agenda, because you clearly do.

BTW, I can name three "liberals" that left here (Academic Punk, Madroul, and Keeyth) , one of which told me via e-mail, after he refused to ever log on again, it was because of Elvis' & Dr.MadVibbe's "racist, vaguely anti-Semitic" horseshit in the Kuntrina thread(s) Your problem is only with certain factions, and not with negative comments or flaming. There clearly was viciousness in old threads which you so selectively ignore, and have never commented or taken a stand on, especially directed at Ford and the few left-of-centerers here (in the beginning). And BTW, I'm not about "winning" either. You seem rather selective as to who "gang rapes" whom. Again, I've been jumped dozens of times in that forum by angry right wingers, so don't pretend this wasn't a problem all along. It's funny, the Frontline is still one of the biggest forums here with more posts per day than just about any forum. The left is simply more vocal here, because of the current situation with who controls Congress and who controls the White House.

And I have a big problem with people that pine for the good ol' days, when they were bitching about "Ford's censorship" night and day.

Sorry Ally, but you really come off as a selective, hypocritical "enabler" here.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-06-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW, let me use quote function on somebody, and then write a long dissertation on why I wasn't really talking about them.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    None of my friends are in those photos. I feel pretty safe they can't be used against me.
    Golly, I wonder what your modship was like at the Pleasure Dome?

I bet if you had a critical poster, you just gave them bad karma points, censored them, and then banned them, right D?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    You want a solution? Here we go:

Speak softly and carry one hell of a big stick.

Make an announcement in the forum that things are going to change. You can post an article, you can post an op-ed, but you better bring it and engage that conversation on why you support or don't support that or if you want to know what everyone else thinks (for those with no particular stance on the topic but found it interesting).

I did that already. Even posed it as a "how about we try this"

Alot of good it did. Brian agreed to stop spamming the forum with op-eds trying to piss people off........and then shortly resumed.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HERE IS A RECENT POST FROM THE RIGHT

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    Naw, I'm here for the entertainment value!

You dumbass tsunami crying fag!

THIS MUST BE SOME OF THAT FINE DEBATE BRIE AND ALLY SPEAK OF

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The above Spam animation is mine, and mine to use exclusively.

I was using it on worthless threads by Liberals (mostly FORD's DU crap) long before you came here.

You owe me royalties.

BTW - I noticed how no liberal can formulate a decent response in this thread. Typical.

Or maybe this is what Brie is complaining about.....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I see Warham STILL can't back up his claim.

Imagine my surprise

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Very well. I respect your decision and will abide by it. I will meet you half way on this.

Furthermore, I will only post op-eds that I agree with, at least in part or in whole. I will point out which parts I agree with.

It would be nice if others did the same...you know who you are (DU weekly threads, "White Papers" that are nothing more than someone's opinion, Al Gore Speaks, etc., etc.)

In the past I only fired a salvo of op-eds for one of two reasons:

1. Tired of seeing the same threads for two weeks in a row at the top of the forum with very few new posts.

2. Desiring to get under someone's skin. This point ALWAYS worked.

In the future, I will abide by what I said in my second paragraph above and not "spam" the board.

This didn't last long.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How oogly googly! I've turned over a new leaf dagnabit!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HERE IS A RECENT POST FROM THE RIGHT

THIS MUST BE SOME OF THAT FINE DEBATE BRIE AND ALLY SPEAK OF

Still can't get Mrs. Vibe to see a gynecologist, eh?

Bummer.

You're a troll. Get over yourself.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You guys keeep bitching away all you like, JUST STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY TURTLES!!!
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    BTW, I can name three "liberals" that left here (Academic Punk, Madroul, and Keeyth) , one of which told me via e-mail, after he refused to ever log on again, it was because of Elvis' & Dr.MadVibbe's "racist, vaguely anti-Semitic" horseshit in the Kuntrina thread(s)
    Please show me the post where I've been racist or anti-semitic, if this is another one of your bullshit, "Well I complained and "they" erased it" la-dee-da's"...stick it up your ass.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Please show me the post where I've been racist or anti-semitic, if this is another one of your bullshit, "Well I complained and "they" erased it" la-dee-da's"...stick it up your ass.
    Ooogly googly! Why don't you show me where I've "cheered" the death of US soldiers, "hate America," and am "rooting for" terrorists?

I can't see why I have have to have a standard of proof higher than yours ya' gosh darn meanie!!

Besides, if you read it real closely, it was not me making the accusation, it was someone else who said you and Elvis were both "lowlives" for your "idiotic rantings" in the Katrina thread. Huh-ho! Such harsh language and poopy-mouths here.

I only recall you saying that "FEMA isn't your liberal-ambulance service," Huh-hoooo! I don't need a liberal ambulance, I don't live in hurricane territory, at least not yet.

Maybe we can pray together sometime friend.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-06-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's what I thought...You're a troll too. Make up shit and throw it around like its fact or distort until you can't tell reality from the lies you're telling.

Fuck off cunt!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's what I thought...You're a troll too. Make up shit and throw it around like its fact or distort until you can't tell reality from the lies you're telling.

Fuck off cunt!
    Ooooh, such anger! Pray to Jesus and say a hail Mary! Do you pray to our God and savior, and kiss your mother with that mouth?

Huh-hooooo!

I suppose that you would be a troll that makes up (poopy smelly stuff) and throws it too? Is that a de facto admission? Huh-hoooo!

Let's look at one of MaddVibes greatest hits. Then let's check the greatness of former Mod Elvis!:

You really are a moron.

"If a nuke"? IF? If you used your fucking brain for something more than an earwax container you'd wake up and realize you're a jackass!

IF a bomb goes off? Yeah, let's just wait for it to blow...don't send in a local SWAT team or bomb disposal unit...NO says nickeroo...wait for Uncle Sam's FEMA miracle workers! Why, they'll wave their magic wands or tweak their noses and POOF! There will be no troubles!

"The local N.O. gov't isn't supposed to respond, the LOUISIANA State gov't isnt supposed to respond."...say that one in a whiny Denis Leary fashion...you fucking dolt.

Reality has to be a REAL motherfucker for someone like you.
    LOL I guess only dem' Floridians deserve to get that FEMA help!

What about 'em. The Mayor ordered a complete evacuation...

Bullshit! First off, the levees never should have broken to begin with. Numerous projects were underfunded due to the IRAQ war, you know, the one you mindlessly support and know nothing about? The one that was supposed to prevent "Weapons of Mass (Delusion)" from killing tens of thousands of US citizens. FEMA receives billions a year to perform a specific function. It's called disaster relief! WTF are we spending taxes for? Gee AssVibe, do without FEMA the next time a hurricane trashes Florida....

They didn't need any "orders." FEMA was already supposed to be on station

Yeah right AssVibe, like you have a clue about anything. Once again you've shown the board what a mindless BUSHeep sycophant you are, suck that Republadick no matter how wrong they are. I'm the one that's saying ALL levels of gov't are to blame: local, state, and FEDERAL. You're the clueless one stating that it's only the city and the state. Well, fuck you and your state too the next time a hurricane comes through...FEMA is not your "liberal ambulance" idiot!

If your such a supa-patriot DouchVibe, then why do you support sending billions of our dollars to the middle east fuck wit while our own cities languish? I guess you love those "Iraqi terra-ists'" more than you love your own country, eh traitor?
    Oh deary me, I must washout my filthy mout with soapity-dopity!

Originally posted by ELVIS
    No, it's ******s...
    http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=26714

Shut the fuck up!
    Why is Elvis a racist?
    Yes, BBB seriously posted this on the next page (4) of that thread...

Well, he does use the word "******" a lot...
    Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

Isn't it funny how on your "day off" you're in here defending your use of the N word, and calling people FAGGOTS instead of posting REAL inside information from the front lines of this horror.

You're a MOD, you're a "Christian", and you're a Health Care Professional, yet you waste time in here calling people fags and N****** while your neighbors are suffering.

Sleep well at night ?

[ Now watch while he posts real info ]

Hypocrite [ and you call yourself a Christian?????]
    Thankya verymuch, my brother...

The liberal loudmouths on this board take things out of context just as good as the professional liberal clowns in Washington...

As soon as they read the N word, that is,ahem, I mean "******", their panties get all tied up and they have no comprehension of whatever else might have been said...

They are totally full of shit...

BTW, the main reason I used the word "******" was to push their liberal pussy buttons...

Hahaha...

There goes the neighborhood!

Golly, did anybody complain about the horrendous insults and mudslinging then? Ooogly googly!! Golly, let's go through those threads and find out who are the hateful simpletons, and who actually articulately post yourself.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-06-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck off cunt!

Neo-Cons must be proud

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gee, I guess BBB's question has been answered.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    nicker00, you had to dig long and hard to find my slam on you wanting FEMA to be a 1st responder. If you're going to post a quote...do us a favor and post a link!

That way we can see who the goofball is around here.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some of you guys really need to just disconnect for a while.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Neo-Cons must be proud
    If you knew what the word neo-con meant, you wouldn't use it!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    Why, this is fun watching nicker00 and douchemachine attempt to take any "high road"!

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shut the fuck up.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I just read the Katrina thread. One thing I can say for sure: ELVIS ***IS*** a racist prick, whether he knows it or not.

Especially if he knows it not.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Shut the fuck up.
    Your schtick is finally starting to get old...

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Your schtick is finally starting to get old...
    What part of "shut the fuck up" do you not understand???

And maybe it's not funny when I say it, but that's only b/c I don't have maddvibe's wonderful, enviable comic timing on the written page...

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    God this is like watching CSPAN when Dick Cheney comes to the Senate floor.
    gnaw on it

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My penis is bigger than yours.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online