THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by The Guy
    That Elliott Doherty hasn't one clue.
    Mike has not been asked to play any shows, the only thing that I can say he is right on about is some new music. I am still told that there will something new.
    Anything is possible I guess.

:p
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh God ! here we go again!
    Smilies

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Before anyone asks....this compilation will feature no new material and I'm sticking to my long held position that there is still no new material with David Lee Roth planned at all.

That from Andrew at Melodicrock.com 2 weeks ago.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And in other news....BIGFOOT made an apperance at a local Mall in

Frostbite Falls MN......he's going on the raod with Foghat for a reunion tour..................pictures at 11

Loons The Great
    Sasquatch--The 'D'

There were some scientists.
    Trying to figure out the Sasquatch riddle,
    Then they figured out it was a missing link.

In search of Sasquatch,
    that was a kick-ass In Search Of
    with Leonard Nimoy
    kickin' out the jams...ha!

He captured imagination,
    Of people all around the globe.

His name was Sasquatch, so I'm told.

His legend's ancient
    in the ancient scribe of the indian tribe.
    Apache tribe.

Scientists have proven that the Sasquatch, he is real.
    Take a look at the plaster cast of his foot, now you know he's real.
    Listen real close to the audio tape, not human no you know he's real.
    Couldn't be a man in gorilla suit, no fuckin' way.
    No, you know he's real.
    Real, real, real real, real, real, really real, real.

--Interrupted by J.B. & K.G. talking to Sasquatch--

Sasquatch,
    We know your legend's real.
    Sasquatch,
    We know your love is real.
    Sasquatch,
    You and Tenacious D, are...real.

Lone Ranger
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "That Elliott Doherty hasn't one clue.
    Mike has not been asked to play any shows, the only thing that I can say he is right on about is some new music. I am still told that there will something new."..the Guy

Can u confirm or deny, 100% either way that rick rubin has or hasnt done anything on this project, even w/ Dave, even though its not officially publicized or anything has been signed for rubin?

thx

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rick Rubin is recording the new Metallica album next month. He is not doing anything with Van Halen.

My source, The Fag, told me this.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    Rick Rubin is recording the new Metallica album next month. He is not doing anything with Van Halen.

What's Glenn Ballard up to these days?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by VindictivePantz
    What's Glenn Ballard up to these days?
    He's recording a new album with Grace Slick called I'M REALLY UGLY THESE DAYS.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He's recording a new album with Grace Slick called I'M REALLY UGLY THESE DAYS.

Moo-Moos FTW

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"The Fag"??

LMAO!!!!

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    More from Doherty Elliot....

If I knew today the actual release date I'd say. Fact is I don't know. Those time periods have been discussed -- caveat invoked! You don't get it I guess.

Brett, let me know if you understand P.D. Also, let me reiterate that there may indeed be certain info available to some people and other info avialable to alternative people. Does the info always merge and neatly tie itself up? Nope

There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy. They won't necessarily all be onstage at the same time but they will be onstage and any pre-recorded augmentation won't factor in. Look for Dave to make light of the back-ups to take any heat off 'em.

How or when will they be incorporated? Easy....think the chorus on Ain't Talkin' About Love will need help? Certainly will and the work up I've heard sounded pretty damn good in comparison to the original. This tour will be about cementing and respecting the past; but with enough leeway to open a door to more. Jamie's Cryin' will also need help. The list goes on.

Previously Shelved --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been ready since December 2000. Many people have heard it and right now it's Ed's 'skeleton' in the closet due to the spine-tinglin' quality of the material. Six plus years have left no moss on the rock but fresh ears are now on it and smiles abound. Ain't no twister melodrama or glossy HDTV valleymovie soundtrack flavors on this stuff.

Current events bode well for a revamp if Ed signs off on the beard's advice.

Two Jumbotron Screens etc. --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preliminary talks have shed some light on the proposed stage set-up and live show production theme to be presented. And, Venom, I patiently await your annointment of my information - God knows I've had a sleepless night as I couldn't Put Out The Lights. Let's just say that Janie ain't got no guns on me.

You betcha' RR's a busy man. Add U2 to that list of ongoing projects!

The serenity of Point Dume coupled with two trips to Taos has brought back DLR to the core of the issue and early feedback suggests SUCCESS!

But I digress...from a conversation Friday we may be lookin' at the following:

DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew. Two Jumbotron Screens will straddle the stage to project the various views on offer least not the headband cam planned for Uncle. Another vantage point discussed calls for an isolated fret cam ala what they used to do with Entwistle before his demise on the last two tours.

Hey what about that merchandising?! You're gonna get a variety of T's and sweats - many featuring the best takes from the Bronson Canyon shoot - which - is now in the Can. Took place near the old Bat Cave.

We gotta great day here on the coast and I'm off to Madrid in the morning - take care folks and happy Sunday. Hasta Luego & keep the faith --

Misleading and Misguided I must concur. All the band members will sit down for both Industry press interviews and shoots as well as filmed interviews. Not to happen or see the light of day until the RRHOF ceremony is done and dusted.

In light of the past 10 years + of ups and downs and turmoil along the trail, look for humor to save the day; both with the press slant and the stage set-up. Tongue-in-cheek wouldn't be such a bad thing and guess who's been elected to spear-head that monster when it's time to ROAR? ....

Call received today with PLEASURE! The wonders of cell phones can bring JOY half the way around the globe. Camp site reported to be 'workin' overtime' on many fronts including already mentioned press & photo ops as well as the ongoing 'evaluation' assistance from Rubin. (Nothing to hide on that anymore - appears to be in the public domain). One curveball today - like a lightning bolt outta sight! Seems as if another shoot is now lined up due to the band accepting the offer to front the cover of an upcoming glossy, almost an industry organ in LA and a fave of PR hounds needing to showcase their talent. The Vanity of this mini-project will push the kid angle as well as getting to the core of the real CVH. Additional shots of Dave are already lined up taken in NYC during Thanksgiving.
    ITS 5150 TIME

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PT5150
    More from Doherty Elliot....

If I knew today the actual release date I'd say. Fact is I don't know. Those time periods have been discussed -- caveat invoked! You don't get it I guess.

Brett, let me know if you understand P.D. Also, let me reiterate that there may indeed be certain info available to some people and other info avialable to alternative people. Does the info always merge and neatly tie itself up? Nope

There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy. They won't necessarily all be onstage at the same time but they will be onstage and any pre-recorded augmentation won't factor in. Look for Dave to make light of the back-ups to take any heat off 'em.

How or when will they be incorporated? Easy....think the chorus on Ain't Talkin' About Love will need help? Certainly will and the work up I've heard sounded pretty damn good in comparison to the original. This tour will be about cementing and respecting the past; but with enough leeway to open a door to more. Jamie's Cryin' will also need help. The list goes on.

Previously Shelved --

It's been ready since December 2000. Many people have heard it and right now it's Ed's 'skeleton' in the closet due to the spine-tinglin' quality of the material. Six plus years have left no moss on the rock but fresh ears are now on it and smiles abound. Ain't no twister melodrama or glossy HDTV valleymovie soundtrack flavors on this stuff.

Current events bode well for a revamp if Ed signs off on the beard's advice.

Two Jumbotron Screens etc. --

Preliminary talks have shed some light on the proposed stage set-up and live show production theme to be presented. And, Venom, I patiently await your annointment of my information - God knows I've had a sleepless night as I couldn't Put Out The Lights. Let's just say that Janie ain't got no guns on me.

You betcha' RR's a busy man. Add U2 to that list of ongoing projects!

The serenity of Point Dume coupled with two trips to Taos has brought back DLR to the core of the issue and early feedback suggests SUCCESS!

But I digress...from a conversation Friday we may be lookin' at the following:

DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew. Two Jumbotron Screens will straddle the stage to project the various views on offer least not the headband cam planned for Uncle. Another vantage point discussed calls for an isolated fret cam ala what they used to do with Entwistle before his demise on the last two tours.

Hey what about that merchandising?! You're gonna get a variety of T's and sweats - many featuring the best takes from the Bronson Canyon shoot - which - is now in the Can. Took place near the old Bat Cave.

We gotta great day here on the coast and I'm off to Madrid in the morning - take care folks and happy Sunday. Hasta Luego & keep the faith --

Misleading and Misguided I must concur. All the band members will sit down for both Industry press interviews and shoots as well as filmed interviews. Not to happen or see the light of day until the RRHOF ceremony is done and dusted.

In light of the past 10 years + of ups and downs and turmoil along the trail, look for humor to save the day; both with the press slant and the stage set-up. Tongue-in-cheek wouldn't be such a bad thing and guess who's been elected to spear-head that monster when it's time to ROAR? ....

Call received today with PLEASURE! The wonders of cell phones can bring JOY half the way around the globe. Camp site reported to be 'workin' overtime' on many fronts including already mentioned press & photo ops as well as the ongoing 'evaluation' assistance from Rubin. (Nothing to hide on that anymore - appears to be in the public domain). One curveball today - like a lightning bolt outta sight! Seems as if another shoot is now lined up due to the band accepting the offer to front the cover of an upcoming glossy, almost an industry organ in LA and a fave of PR hounds needing to showcase their talent. The Vanity of this mini-project will push the kid angle as well as getting to the core of the real CVH. Additional shots of Dave are already lined up taken in NYC during Thanksgiving.

...and the hits just keep on comin'!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hmmmmm.....

if this was true, well.....

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLR'sCock
    hmmmmm.....

if this was true, well.....
    Well, its interesting to say the least.

I'm sure Dave is trying to make this tour the best it can be. And he's always been greatful to the fans, so new music, box set or DVD is just what we need!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Venom Thrust
    Before anyone asks....this compilation will feature no new material and I'm sticking to my long held position that there is still no new material with David Lee Roth planned at all.

That from Andrew at Melodicrock.com 2 weeks ago.
    That's truely a safe bet since WB/Rhino can't release anything but the back catalog without the band's blessing.

This other alleged "new material" could be released elsewhere. Via the net might be their only hope as I doubt any record companies have much if any interest in VH at this stage.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    That's truely a safe bet since WB/Rhino can't release anything but the back catalog without the band's blessing.

This other alleged "new material" could be released elsewhere. Via the net might be their only hope as I doubt any record companies have much if any interest in VH at this stage.
    There are always other record companies and some may change their tune regarding VH in light of the Hall induction and if the upcoming tour is successful.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DLR center stage with EVH to his right and WVH tucked in behind Edward and a Mammoth drum Riser with the Uncle. To DLR's left will be the already discussed back-up crew.
    Eddie to the right of DLR? (assuming that you are talking about Dave's "right" as Dave is facing the crowd) Since when does Eddie set up on that side of the stage?
    Last edited by PlexiBrown; 02-12-2007 at 01:05 PM.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    Eddie to the right of DLR? (assuming that you are talking about Dave's "right" as Dave is facing the crowd) Since when does Eddie set up on that side of the stage?
    I'm assuming he meant Dave's right from the audience viewpoint.

Lone Ranger
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I'm assuming he meant Dave's right from the audience viewpoint.
    Ed always sets up on the left side, looking out on the audience.

However, w/ Wolf and background singers, Ed would set up in front of Wolf and be able to be there for him for any reason. maybe if Wolf takes to performing, etc quickly, Ed would go to the left again.
    I would put b/g singers up on top of mountainous speakers...off the stage. No real need to have them in the way of the show and to limit the guys performances to any side of the stage.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by perticelli
    No real need to have them in the way of the show and to limit the guys performances to any side of the stage.
    don't worry about the stage size...this is not 2004...

that stage design was stupid...the rings and only the little VH-triangle for the band to move...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There will most likely be two female back-ups and one guy.
    Females??? This isn't Pink Floyd.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by perticelli
    Ed always sets up on the left side, looking out on the audience.
    I meant from OUR viewpoint.

When we watch the band on stage, Ed is to the right of Dave.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    Females??? This isn't Pink Floyd.
    Knowing Dave they won't be wearing much.

Thread Information