X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25%moreCOWBELL
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2006

Best way to sell your used junk... er gear

I'm curious what you guys have found to be the best way (most cash back) to unload gear you don't want or need anymore?

I figure I have the following options to pick from.

EBay
    Craigslist
    Pawn Shop
    Misc. Local Music Shop
    Guitar Center

What have you guys had the most luck with?
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i don't know about you guys, but here the local market for used gear has dried up completely. no more happening upon a nice piece at the pawn shop or GC. if there is something cool, it's usually beat to shit and/or way overpriced.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      i don't know about you guys, but here the local market for used gear has dried up completely. no more happening upon a nice piece at the pawn shop or GC. if there is something cool, it's usually beat to shit and/or way overpriced.
      Very true. I can remember in the 80's pawn shops had blonde Fender amps from the 60's and music stores had Les Paul's as trade in's that you could snag for under $500. I snagged a Les Paul Custom that was well used for $250 in 83 but it was a great sounding and playing guitar. Try and find that now.

Collectors have snagged a lot of the old stuff with famouse names. There isn't anything cool on the used market hardly.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

I have had the most success with eBay and then Craigslist.
        23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I've never sold anything on Ebay but I've seen auctions of used stuff big the price up past where you could actually buy the item new for a few times. People get carried away in the bidding.

Two 5150 amps used by Eddie to record Balance went up for auction on Ebay and the person claimed to be a producer and had documentation and photos. So that 5150 combo will go for more than the regular $500 market price.

Gee, make up some fake documents and photos and say it belonged to Jimi Hendrix and enjoy the $$$$$$. LOL!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Not true my brothers...I just picked up an Epi EB3 and an Ampeg BA115 for 300.00...for BOTH!

I originally was going to buy the amp and the guy selling it is moving and doesn't really play the bass. He asked me if I wanted it. I asked "How much?" and he said..."Naw, just take it".

He included the receipt for the amp...he bought it 3 weeks ago! The EB3 looks like new...has one drop bump on the back side. He said that it fell off of a stand.

The both freaking rock and I got an early Christmas present for myself from my wife!

W00t!!!!
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Ebay without a doubt. Nationwide traffic. Ease of purchase. I have sold so much on ebay, that is the only way I can support my G.A.S. habit
              This space for rent.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

The thing about Ebay is I hate dealing with the shipping and I detest Paypal. Oh it's great when it comes to bringing buyers and sellers together. Someone just needs to invent a transporter beam so you can beam home the large concert PA system you just won. LOL!

Comment

Working...