SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

"21thCenturyFox" Meets David Lee Roth

1986 - Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai when they were with "Diamond David Lee Roth" during the "Crazy From The Heat" tour at Detroit's Cobo Arena. We basically stalked them after the show and managed to meet up with them outside the Hotel Pontchartrain in Detroit. They were unusually cool to us but I was crushed that I wasn't able to meet Dave.

But!

1999 - David Lee Roth at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. Yes folks, I did it! My life is complete now. I even got a kiss....ON THE LIPS!!! Too bad I was out of my body at the time...
    Here is the picture of Dave and me!!!

and

Here is how it happened!

"Well what happened was...

my hubby and I went to the DLR show here in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena. We went especially to see Dave's show since we had already seen Bad Company years ago and they were a bit lack-luster...if you know what I mean....

After Dave's show...which I must say kicked some major butt...I got this notion in my brain that I HAD TO MEET DAVE...It was almost robotic...I've met a few rock stars before and to meet Dave would be like finding the holy grail to me....

Anyways...

I managed to get down to the basement and convince the guard that I was an intern from a local rock radio station (wink-wink) and that one of the DJ's told me there was going to be a meet-and-greet with Dave. He agreed to let us stay down there until Dave came through. That is until a publicist or someone came through and told us there would be no meet-and-greet with Dave and that he had already gone. Having dealt with these types before...I knew she was lying.

So we proceeded to the back of the arena where the tour busses were parked. We parked in a fire-zone across the street and commenced to wait by the tour busses for Dave.

A couple of attempts to sneak past the gate into the building failed to get me close to Dave, but it did allow us to meet his bassist, Todd Jensen, and piss-off a guard who told me I did not belong there without a pass.

After watching the road crew (who were giving us dirty looks and telling us Dave was gone) load the DLR Band's and eventually Bad Company's equipment...I began to feel a strange tension in the air....

As we watched other cars get towed outta the fire-zone we were parked in, I decided to have my hubby check our car for a ticket or tow slip. After turning to watch him walk back up to where we were standing by the tour busses, I turned back around and there comes Dave swaggerin' out of the back of the arena toward the busses....

My immediate reaction was to bolt toward him...but I didn't want to freak him out...so I stopped in my tracks...the whole while muttering, "Oh my God, It's Dave" with increasing intensity. He saw me and came walking over to where we were, gathered us up with his arms and proceeded to sign autographs....

I froze in shock and had to be reminded by my hubby to get an autograph! I told "the world's greatest frontman" that I loved him about 6 times and that I had read his book and loved it too. He took my paper and began to sign. I couldn't help myself. I had to ask him for at least a kiss on the cheek.

To my amazement, he immediately stopped signing, turned his face forward and allowed me to kiss him right smack on the lips....AAAAAHHH!

Luckily one of the 6 people who were waiting with us for Dave to come out happened to be a guy I had met before at another rockstar-seeking endeavor. He had a camera, snapped the picture...and the rest is history.

You might think that you can't make something like this happen to you...You can! All it takes is some knowledge of where to go and what to do, plenty of lies, and A LOT of tenacity and determination.

P.S. This all may sound pretty cool to you...but you didn't see me jumping around afterward in 3 inch clunky heels like a flippin' lunatic...but Dave did!"

http://www.geocities.com/a2000woman/musmet.html
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Does this make you a groupie now?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2011 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: "21thCenturyFox" Meets David Lee Roth

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    1986 - Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai when they were with "Diamond David Lee Roth" during the "Crazy From The Heat" tour at Detroit's Cobo Arena. We basically stalked them after the show and managed to meet up with them outside the Hotel Pontchartrain in Detroit. They were unusually cool to us but I was crushed that I wasn't able to meet Dave.

But!

1999 - David Lee Roth at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. Yes folks, I did it! My life is complete now. I even got a kiss....ON THE LIPS!!! Too bad I was out of my body at the time...
    Here is the picture of Dave and me!!!

and

Here is how it happened!

"Well what happened was...

my hubby and I went to the DLR show here in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena. We went especially to see Dave's show since we had already seen Bad Company years ago and they were a bit lack-luster...if you know what I mean....

After Dave's show...which I must say kicked some major butt...I got this notion in my brain that I HAD TO MEET DAVE...It was almost robotic...I've met a few rock stars before and to meet Dave would be like finding the holy grail to me....

Anyways...

I managed to get down to the basement and convince the guard that I was an intern from a local rock radio station (wink-wink) and that one of the DJ's told me there was going to be a meet-and-greet with Dave. He agreed to let us stay down there until Dave came through. That is until a publicist or someone came through and told us there would be no meet-and-greet with Dave and that he had already gone. Having dealt with these types before...I knew she was lying.

So we proceeded to the back of the arena where the tour busses were parked. We parked in a fire-zone across the street and commenced to wait by the tour busses for Dave.

A couple of attempts to sneak past the gate into the building failed to get me close to Dave, but it did allow us to meet his bassist, Todd Jensen, and piss-off a guard who told me I did not belong there without a pass.

After watching the road crew (who were giving us dirty looks and telling us Dave was gone) load the DLR Band's and eventually Bad Company's equipment...I began to feel a strange tension in the air....

As we watched other cars get towed outta the fire-zone we were parked in, I decided to have my hubby check our car for a ticket or tow slip. After turning to watch him walk back up to where we were standing by the tour busses, I turned back around and there comes Dave swaggerin' out of the back of the arena toward the busses....

My immediate reaction was to bolt toward him...but I didn't want to freak him out...so I stopped in my tracks...the whole while muttering, "Oh my God, It's Dave" with increasing intensity. He saw me and came walking over to where we were, gathered us up with his arms and proceeded to sign autographs....

I froze in shock and had to be reminded by my hubby to get an autograph! I told "the world's greatest frontman" that I loved him about 6 times and that I had read his book and loved it too. He took my paper and began to sign. I couldn't help myself. I had to ask him for at least a kiss on the cheek.

To my amazement, he immediately stopped signing, turned his face forward and allowed me to kiss him right smack on the lips....AAAAAHHH!

Luckily one of the 6 people who were waiting with us for Dave to come out happened to be a guy I had met before at another rockstar-seeking endeavor. He had a camera, snapped the picture...and the rest is history.

You might think that you can't make something like this happen to you...You can! All it takes is some knowledge of where to go and what to do, plenty of lies, and A LOT of tenacity and determination.

P.S. This all may sound pretty cool to you...but you didn't see me jumping around afterward in 3 inch clunky heels like a flippin' lunatic...but Dave did!"

I did not know nickdfresh meant Nicole. Nic, you should have blown Dave!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    Does this make you a groupie now?
    What the fuck does that even mean?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    I always assumed Nickdfresh was a man, baby!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2012 @ 04:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I always thought Nick was for Nicholas/Nick not Nicole....

just goes to show my ignorance....

like I never knew Flappo was female (according to Flap's myspace page anyway) until recently....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Soul Reaper
    I always thought Nick was for Nicholas/Nick not Nicole....

just goes to show my ignorance....

like I never knew Flappo was female (according to Flap's myspace page anyway) until recently....
    Guess Flappo is short for pissflappos

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: "21thCenturyFox" Meets David Lee Roth

Originally posted by 4moreyears
    I did not know nickdfresh meant Nicole. Nic, you should have blown Dave!!!

Don't you have a gay-obsession for Steve Savicki or Ford to keep up with?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Just how does one pronounce "21th" ??

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Excellent!

Congrats on meeting DLR, and a great pic too!

That's a quite a nice bit of subterfuge to achieve it too!

Well done!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Interesting....Nick is a girl, and can pronounce "21th"!

Learn something new every day....

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Just how does one pronounce "21th" ??
    Twenty oneth.

Cheers! :bottle:

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2011 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: Re: "21thCenturyFox" Meets David Lee Roth

Don't you have a gay-obsession for Steve Savicki or Ford to keep up with?
    Nic,

Do you have a nice rack also?

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What the fuck does that even mean?
    Yeah...you're a girl.

That time of the month?

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I am so cuntfused.

Nice pic of Roth, though.

Thread Information