Thread: There's a "new Sherriff" in talk radio town: Nova M Radio!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool There's a "new Sherriff" in talk radio town: Nova M Radio!!

We the People,

It is with great excitement and optimism that I announce today the formation of a new progressive talk radio network. Myself along with my partners, Anita and Sheldon Drobny; the original cofounders of the Air America Radio Network, want to be the first to tell all you “truth seekers” that the original truth seeker himself Mike Malloy will be born again live on the public airwaves. The planned second coming (barring any apocalypse) is scheduled for October 30, 2006.

The Mike Malloy Show will initially broadcast live, from 9PM -12 Midnight (EST) on Nova M Radio affiliates 1480-AM KPHX Phoenix.

In addition, I’m equally excited to announce our strategic partnership with Joe Trippi and associates. Joe Trippi revolutionized electoral politics in America with his instrumental role in Howard Dean’s 2004 presidential campaign, raising over $40 million in small donor contributions over the internet. Joe created a new paradigm in how campaigns locally and nationally are conducted by leveraging the scope and breadth of innovative internet-based technologies and digital tools. Joe and his team will help us reach out to millions of us who share common values and common goals.

Also joining our team will be internationally renowned pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International. John will be co-hosting a weekly one hour show, “The Pulse of the Nation” where John polls particular hot button issues from politics and pop culture to the War in Iraq and stem cell research. Each program will include expert guests and audience participation. At the end of each show John will reveal the secret results of the poll and each listener will then know whether or not they have their finger on “The Pulse of the Nation”!

We will continue to build upon the foundation laid by our predecessors and will work tirelessly to fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to our investors. Equally important, we will with the millions of faithful progressive listeners uphold our vision to promote freedom, social justice, economic justice and peace worldwide.

We have many more exciting announcements to make; new talent, name of new network and so on. So stay tuned and keep up to date at our web site, www.novamradio.com ! And as always, from the bottom of my bleeding liberal heart, God Bless America!

In Solidarity,

Mike Newcomb, MD
    CEO & Chairman, Nova M Radio, Inc.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMAO!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't laugh so soon.

NovaM is the team that successfully raised Air America's Phoenix market from the dead after a right wing "Christian" ( ) group engineered a hostile takeover of the previous affiliate.

And with Joe Trippi, John Zogby, and Mike Malloy already on board, that's one Hell of a formidable team so far.

The majority of AAR affiliates were overwhelmed by the response to AAR's shafting of Mike Malloy and they will probably jump at the chance to put Mike back on the air, especially given the fact that the AAR replacement is so fucking weak (and DLC controlled) that the affiliates aren't carrying him anyway.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Also, a potential XM deal is already in the works.

I'm sure Mike will have more to say next week when he fills in for Springer.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Springer is the only thing worth listening to on Air-Anon and I've heard rumors of him cutting ties with them...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Springer is the only thing worth listening to on Air-Anon and I've heard rumors of him cutting ties with them...
    They demoted him to syndication status and gave Sam Seder the network slot. Seder's a better morning show host, so that was a good move on their part. About the only one that AAR made in recent months.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

I don't know who that is...

I think Springer is or was good though...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Hmmm...

I don't know who that is...

I think Springer is or was good though...
    Sam Seder used to host "The Majority Report" with Janeane Garafolo in the 7 - 10 PM (EST) slot. When AAR first launched in 2004, Janeane was the star and Sam the sidekick, but her "extended absences" to star on the West Wing, left Sam on his own, and he grew into the part, and not only carried the show on his own, but built enough of an audience to win himself the "promotion" of a morning show.

He also was the first AAR host to criticize his bosses on the air for what they did to Mike Malloy which I respect him a lot for, considering the conspicuous silence of others on the network.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

Maybe I do know who he is...

But what "they did" to Malloy ??

Yeah right...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    More info emerging from NovaM.... A few weeks ago on one of his many "surprise guest appearances" around the radio dial, Mike Malloy indicated that efforts were being made to reorganize Air America and save it from bankruptcy. He didn't mention any names, but I figured it was a case of Sheldon & Anita Drobny, the original founders of AAR against the corporate suits who forced their way into the network. Turns out I was exactly right.........

Below are the people who decided to put Air America Radio into Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Act.

Rob Glaser-Chairman of Piquant, LLC D/B/A Air America Radio.

Tracy Klestadt-New York Bankrupcy Attorney who has received nearly $200,000 in fees in the last month.

The rumors are true. We did offer to fund AAR and prevent this from happening. We believed that the company was very well positioned to be successful with a change in management and fundamental changes to the operation of the company. Despite our weeks of negotiations and hard work, the board chaired by Rob Glaser who is also the CEO and Chairman of RealNetworks, Inc. (RNWK:Nasdaq) and their attorney Tracy Klestadt advised the board to file a bankruptcy petition.

As founders and investors in the company, we have a significant interest in the future of AAR and will do everything possible to protect our investment in the company and its operations. We continue to support liberal talk radio with or operation of Nova M Radio, Inc. that is managing AAR affiliates in Phoenix and Little Rock. We plan to continue our efforts to make liberal talk radio a success. Stay tuned.
    http://www.novamradio.com/pressroom.php

Good thing I'm already boycotting Real Networks. I haven't used their spyware-infested resource hogging shit software for years. Guess that applies to their executive managment as well.

So now it would appear obvious. These bastards, starting with Evan Cohen and continuing with Glaser and his pals intended to destroy Air America from within all along. Damn each and every one of them to the hottest corner of Hell for their treason in doing so. Hopefully the Drobny's have learned from their previous mistakes. So far, the new team they have assembled is looking damn good

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD
    We the People,

It is with great excitement and optimism that I announce today the formation of a new progressive talk radio network. Myself along with my partners, Anita and Sheldon Drobny; the original cofounders of the Air America Radio Network, want to be the first to tell all you “truth seekers” that the original truth seeker himself Mike Malloy will be born again live on the public airwaves. The planned second coming (barring any apocalypse) is scheduled for October 30, 2006.

The Mike Malloy Show will initially broadcast live, from 9PM -12 Midnight (EST) on Nova M Radio affiliates 1480-AM KPHX Phoenix.

In addition, I’m equally excited to announce our strategic partnership with Joe Trippi and associates. Joe Trippi revolutionized electoral politics in America with his instrumental role in Howard Dean’s 2004 presidential campaign, raising over $40 million in small donor contributions over the internet. Joe created a new paradigm in how campaigns locally and nationally are conducted by leveraging the scope and breadth of innovative internet-based technologies and digital tools. Joe and his team will help us reach out to millions of us who share common values and common goals.

Also joining our team will be internationally renowned pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International. John will be co-hosting a weekly one hour show, “The Pulse of the Nation” where John polls particular hot button issues from politics and pop culture to the War in Iraq and stem cell research. Each program will include expert guests and audience participation. At the end of each show John will reveal the secret results of the poll and each listener will then know whether or not they have their finger on “The Pulse of the Nation”!

We will continue to build upon the foundation laid by our predecessors and will work tirelessly to fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to our investors. Equally important, we will with the millions of faithful progressive listeners uphold our vision to promote freedom, social justice, economic justice and peace worldwide.

We have many more exciting announcements to make; new talent, name of new network and so on. So stay tuned and keep up to date at our web site, www.novamradio.com ! And as always, from the bottom of my bleeding liberal heart, God Bless America!

In Solidarity,

Mike Newcomb, MD
    CEO & Chairman, Nova M Radio, Inc.

Great news! And how many weeks from now will they be filing for bankruptcy protection?
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good point...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Great news! And how many weeks from now will they be filing for bankruptcy protection?
    Hopefully never. They just have to be a little more selective of who they do business with this time. And I'm sure they understand that better than anyone.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What a shit time-slot. Who has the 6 to 9 shift? That's the one to get.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD
    They just have to be a little more selective of who they do business with this time. And I'm sure they understand that better than anyone.
    Can we mark your words ??

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    What a shit time-slot. Who has the 6 to 9 shift? That's the one to get.
    Sean Hannity

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just a reminder.......

Mike Malloy will be filling in for Jerry Springer on Thursday and Friday.

If Jerry is still on the air in your market, then listen at his regular time. Or stream it from the Air America site at 9:00 AM - 12:00 (EST)

It's been far too long.... I'm looking forward to listening.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tell me when it's over...

Seriously, I might actually tune in to see what he has to say...

But so far, I think he's a nut case...
    Last edited by ELVIS; 10-18-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought Malloy was slightly brilliant, if a bit "out there" on some 60s nostalgia trip...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's a link to the stream from Springer's "home base" in Cincinatti. Mike will be live on this stream from 9AM - 12 Noon Thursday and Friday.

Or that's 6:00 crack of dawn wakeup time for us west coast listeners. Go ahead and drink the green tea for breakfast. You won't need the extra caffeine

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Saturday, October 21, 2006

HE'S B-A-A-A-A-C-K...
    By Sheila Samples

"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking."~~John M. Keyne

Much to the dismay of the Bush Crime Family and the Flying Monkey Right, their most fervent nemesis, talk-show host Mike Malloy, will return to progressive airwaves on Monday, Oct. 30 -- a whole week-and-one-day before the mid-term elections. When you consider the corruption and scandals oozing like slime from the right over just the past week-and-one-day, Malloy's return is not a moment too soon.

Mike Newcomb, a Pheonix physician and award-winning radio host, has joined Sheldon and Anita Drobny, the original co-founders of Air America Radio, to form the progressive Nova M Radio,Inc. Network, which will feature the popular Malloy nightly from 9 p.m. - midnight ET on 1480-AM KPHX Phoenix, the nation's 5th largest city and 15th largest radio market; and on 1380 KDXE-AM Little Rock, Ark. More information on podcasting, Internet streaming and archives will be posted in the interim on the Nova M site and on Malloy's website.

Earlier this week, Malloy said, "We're starting out on two stations, but we're already getting requests from affilliates over a wide spectrum, such as Seattle, Portland, San Diego, Madison, Ann Arbor...." Malloy praised the cooperation he's gotten from Atlanta's WGST studio duriing his Air America stint, but says he will have his own Nova M studio in the future. "This is for real," Malloy said. "We're in it for the long haul. We just sat down together and said 'Okay, dammit -- We've had enough of this. We're gonna fight back!'"

Newcomb, Nova M CEO and Chairman, couldn't agree more. He and the Drobnys plan to lease or to own and operate radio stations across America. In his Introductory Letter to "We the People," Newcomb announced that Joe Trippi, of Trippi and Associates, has joined the Nova M team. Newcomb said Trippi, who changed electoral politics forever by his revolutionary use of Internet fund-raising and campaigning during the Howard Dean presidential run, will help Nova M Radio to "reach out to millions of us who share common values and common goals."

Internationally renowned pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International, will co-host a weekly one hour show, “The Pulse of the Nation.” Newcomb said Zogby will poll particular hot-button political issues and cultural issues, and each program will include expert guests and audience participation. At the end of each show Zogby will reveal the poll's secret results so listeners will know if they have their fingers on “The Pulse of the Nation.”

Nova M on-air talent will be liberals who share the goal of "promoting freedom, social justice, economic justice and peace worldwide," according to Newcomb who, in addition to his own 9 a.m. - Noon show and that of Malloy, snapped up Peter B. Collins, a well-known broadcaster and media consultant from San Francisco who will hold down the 6 - 9 p.m. slot. But Truthseekers know that Malloy, whom they see as one of the last true patriots in this country who dares to speak truth to power, will set the Nova M agenda. There, Malloy will be -- as Jon Sinton, co-founder of Air America and former president of programming, said upon Malloy's AAR firing -- "the heart and soul" of the network.

Speculation -- even a conspiracy theory or two -- continues to swirl around Malloy's abrupt dismissal at Air America. It came just one day after Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announced that those who dared to speak out against his war were "terrorist appeasers" and "Hitler supporters," and needed to be silenced. Some believe that pulling the plug on Malloy was a shot across the bow of all liberal media outlets -- a warning to progressive radio and TV hosts to "watch what they say..."

Others are convinced that Malloy's "Katrina Anniversary" special -- incisive, stripped of all spin, a stark look at the total ineptness of the administration's response to the tragedy and continued cruelty toward this nation's poor and displaced -- is to blame. Or maybe it was his Aug. 3 two-and-a-half-hour interview with Webster Griffin Tarpley, author of the 1992 "Unauthorized Biography of George W. Bush," and a meticulous historian who presented an iron-clad case that 9-11 is the handiwork of the Bush cartel.

Investigative journalist Wayne Madsen reacted immediately to the Malloy firing by announcing his site would no longer link to Air America.

"We will not provide portals to those who claim they are liberals and progressives but serve as information gatekeepers and censors for the global media elites and neo-con types," Madsen wrote. "The sacking of Malloy and the party purge of (Rep Cynthia) McKinney are all part of the censorship in this country -- censorship that is aided and abetted from the ranks of so-called Democrats. This country will not return to an even keel until we not only cleanse the neo-cons and fanatic right-wingers from our midst, but also those who claim "progressive: credentials but are, in fact, lickspittles for the corporate elites."

Madson told me that he believes Air America's "major problem is spelled D-L-C." He said the healthiest thing the Democrats could do is "conduct an old-fashioned proletariat-style purge of the Fifth Columnists in their midst."

However, as Rumsfeld says, "who knows?" With Malloy, it almost comes down to "pick a subject." Malloy has been around the block more than once -- his credentials are rock solid. He is a former writer for CNN and CNN International, a newspaper editor and publisher, and rock concert producer, among other endeavors. In addition to AAR, Malloy's radio gigs include WSB in Atlanta, WLS in Chicago and the now defunct I.E. America Radio Network. Malloy is passionate -- outraged by what is happening to his country, He is concerned not so much with right or left, but with right or wrong. He literally speaks for all progressives in this nation -- even those who have not heard him -- and relentlessly follows the truth wherever it leads. Sometimes his words are a little wild, as they ought to be because, like Madsen, Malloy seeks neither to please nor entertain; but to shock the sleeping masses with the raw truth before it is too late.

Whatever the reason, it was brutal -- an unexpected, crippling blow to the midsection, and tens of thousands of late-night AAR listeners reeled from the shock of having Malloy ripped unceremoniously from their midst. And it was just as sudden for Malloy, who was fired at mid-day on Aug. 30 while he and his producer-wife Kathy Bay were en route to the WGST studio to substitute for the vacationing Randi Rhodes. Malloy said Sinton, himself in shock, called and said, "They terminated you -- effective immdiately."

"I couldn't believe it," Malloy said. "I was driving on the freeway and I pulled over to the side of the road so I could concentrate on what Sinton was saying. But all he had been told," Malloy continued, "was that it was a budget cut."

According to Malloy, who was the lowest paid on-air talent, that's just so much "batsqueeze." He says his AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) representative, Peter Fuster, and AAR attorney Bill Schapp had worked out a settlement agreement that had resulted in a two-year contract approved by Air America CEO Jim Wiggett.

"It was a relief to me," Malloy said. "I had been working for the past 10 months without a contract. They had totally underpaid me -- $45,000 per year less than the agreed amount -- and had violated their agreement with AFTRA. I was just glad it was over, and we could get on with the business at hand." However, Malloy said that, upon returning from vacation, CFO Bob Ennis, formerly with Rupert Murdoch's right-wing NewsCorp, allegedly tossed the contract aside and said, in effect, "No deal. We're firing him."

That proved to be a futile gesture because Malloy says, "They can't get rid of me. I'm like a cork -- I just keep popping up." His past shows are archived at The White Rose Society, and immediately upon his firing, Head On Radio began streaming his shows from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m. nightly, with material going back as far his early I.E. America radio days. Also, an in-depth interview with Malloy is available on the Protean Media site.

Malloy is quick to point out that Air America's current problems do not stem from its sterling, progressive on-air talent such as Randi Rhodes, Sam Seder, Rachel Maddow, et al, but rather with mismanagement in the head shed where it sometimes appears that nobody is in charge. According to an Associated Press release, Air America has been plagued with financial woes since it launched two years ago. After months of denial and reports that problems had been solved, the station filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Oct. 13. The list of its debtors runs for a whoppiing 26 pages.

Or perhaps the problem is that everybody's in charge, which would explain why one guy would give Malloy a new two-year contract on Aug. 11, and another would pull the plug on him a scant two weeks later with no advance warning. That old Army adage, "don't s**t in your mess gear," is elementary, and I suspect AAR honchos will be mighty hungry by the time they realize that people flocked to their electronic table seeking only the Truth. With Mike Malloy, that's what they got.

And, beginning on Oct. 30, that's what they'll get at Nova M Radio. Night after night. A veritible feast.

Sheila Samples is an Oklahoma writer and a former civilian US Army Public Information Officer. She is a regular contributor for a variety of Internet sites. Contact her at: rsamples@sirinet.net.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Message to the right wingers 10/20/06

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJBLiz_AjUw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJBLiz_AjUw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thread Information