X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

WARNING: A DVD to avoid buying....

Tower Records is going out of business, so all their stuff is being heavily discounted.

So last Friday, I was looking around in there and I found a DVD called "The Best Of Bang Your Head".

Here is a link to Ryko Distributions web page about it:

The packaging is really nice, and the sound quality is pretty good too.

The VIDEO ENCODING SUCKS FUCKING ASS!!!!

(begin rant here)

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD RELEASE SUCH A DVD SET WITH NICE PACKAGING AND SOUND THAT LOOKS LIKE SHIT?!?!?!?!?

THE VIDEO IS BLOCKY, SOMETIMES APPEARS FUZZY OR UNFOCUSED, AND THE DVD APPEARS TO HAVE USED VIDEO DOWNLOADED FROM YOUTUBE ON A CRAPPY 56K CONNECTION!!!!

THIS DVD IS A RIPOFF!!!

IT HAD THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING SOMETHING NICE, BUT IT ACTUALLY IS A CHEAP PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

(end rant here).

So as I was looking through all the various bands on this 2-disc set, I saw Krokus listed. I clicked through the menus and began to watch.

If Krokus were to do any AC/DC covers, you could close your eyes and SWEAR it was Bon Scott singing! It is the tone of his voice. Much like Ian Astbury sounding much like Jim Morrison.

It really tripped me out....
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Yeah, I've said on this site before that Storace would've been my pick for Scott's replacement. Johnston's screaming is painful to listen to for any length of time and after seeing them on the Stiff Upper Lip tour I doubt that I'd see them live again. He couldn't even sing the songs that were written when he was at the helm.
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Brian Johnson sounds like he gargles with rusty nails & glass shards every morning. He was good on Back in Black & For Those About To Rock. But his voice has been getting progressively worse. Thunderstruck kills me every time it's on the radio. But the beginning riffs are cool.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Brian Johnson sounds like he gargles with rusty nails & glass shards every morning. He was good on Back in Black & For Those About To Rock. But his voice has been getting progressively worse. Thunderstruck kills me every time it's on the radio. But the beginning riffs are cool.

Since I place a heavy importance on vocal sound/range, I HATE ACDC.

That and the fact all their shit is the same.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

No it's not...

And the good AC/DC is chock full of GRATE vocal sounds with quite a bit of range...

That's part of what made it good...

There is alot of repetitous bad stuff, but implying that AC/DC sucks is silly...

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

I think AC/DC are great. They've got some killer riffs. I agree that Brian's voice has gotten pretty gravely in recent years. But I'd still go see them.
            This space for rent.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

Somewhat true, but it's a catch 22. If they stay the same, people give them shit, if they change, then they are sell outs. But, you sure know an AC/DC tune when you hear one.

Side note - anyone else think Malcolm Young is underestimated?
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Angus doesn't!
                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Side note - anyone else think Malcolm Young is underestimated?
                  I think he is as a writer.

Angus will tell you himself that most of the riff ideas are Malcolm`s.

His rhythm guitar style is wholly appreciated by any guitar player soI don`t think he`s underestimated in that sense.

His playing is AC/DC`s engine.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

Before I really answer this, are you also referring to the
                    Bon Scott era ??
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Marc Storace ain't got nothin' on Spike O'Neill when it comes to Bon Scott vocalizin'......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ecj-hO9QbQY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ecj-hO9QbQY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                        I think he is as a writer.

Angus will tell you himself that most of the riff ideas are Malcolm`s.

His rhythm guitar style is wholly appreciated by any guitar player soI don`t think he`s underestimated in that sense.

His playing is AC/DC`s engine.
                        Very possibly the best rhythm guitarist since Keith Richards. Which might explain why Keith himself is a huge Ac/Dc fan.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

AC/DC certainly does NOT suck.

I love Krokus and I always liked Storace's range. His mother was an opera singer, and he also has a range of several octaves. Every few years, Krokus reform, release an album and promise a world tour, but it never gets to the tour stage in N. America. In Europe they still are very popular.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

I Love AC/DC and KROKUS! SO there! Fuck it all!!

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                              Roadie
                              • Feb 2007

implying that AC/DC sucks is silly... [/B][/QUOTE]

Especially if you're a Kiss fan. Gene Simmons? Please...........

Comment

Working...