• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
    Dave will tour minus Mike - and no Wolfy will not be on bass for the tour.

As for Mikey....He's such a nice guy that he's the only person who didn't actually ring Ed to offer his condolence at the passing of Ed and Al's mother.

Ed's pissed off about this.
    I'm sorry Don cos the "Mikey" shit isn't directed towards yourself. I still find it gay though. lol.

*Edit*

Ooops, didn't get yer sarcasm... Again, an apology.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

No worries Max

The thing is Ed is known not to want the bass player involved at all in this project, at any stage of it. Dave is said to prefer it that the whole band go out together one last time, but would still tour without the bass player.

As you say - so long as Ed and Dave are upfront you've got Van Halen.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Don,

Thank you sir...

Yup, it is as simple as that. Anthony does NOTHING but tail Hagar's ass and never has. Doesn't work with any other musicians. Seriously, how BOTH fucked up and gay is the fact that "Mikey" tours with the round rocker yet loves his bass player "Mona" so much that they have to have two? That ain't rock and roll, too many love ballads...

Also, fuck MA for continiously dissing on Dave saying "It isn't 1984 anymore." No shit "Mikey" and it also isn't 1988 anymore... Van Hagar sucks, nobody neither remembers nor cares about what both Spam and you moaned together during that era.

You diss Dave for not wanting to come onstage in Boston with Spam, Gary Cherone and yourself and croon a Van Hagar gay lullabye together? Please!!! Dave has more tact than that.

Seriously, NOBODY wants ANY Van Hagar pollution on a tour when regarding Van Halen!!!! Hence the fans and most importantly, Dave himself!!!

Fucking morons!!!
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
          IMO it shouldn't happen. If it does it'll be a disaster. All good things come to an end. Thats all there is to it.
          True. But the way it ended left all of the fans feeling cheated. CVH has to do a reunion to get that monkey off of their backs. I'm sure Ed is fucking tired of every day being asked "when are you reuniting with Dave?". Once he does it, he can move on.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Don Corleone
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Which comes back to the original point that they need closure.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

we all think because of age it will stink and we dont want to see VH stink.

personally, a part of me believes that. but..... I find it hard to believe they would do it if it didnt work and sound great. dave can still do it, ed can too if he gets in shape.

it might not be 1984 all over again but I bet it would be damn close. just 50% of the original form of the band would still sound light years better than Van Hagar. it would still sound great. people love dave live, just think of what it would sound like as the all original band. it WOULD sound great.

I just think VH is bigger than anything ever done. if those guys do it its still gonna smoke anything out there at the moment or even in the last decade.

VH is the only thing that could give rock music a kick in the butt again. I think it would get todays rockstars (i use the term lightly) motivation to make something memorable its been a long long time.

dave has been ready a long time. but I dont think even dave thought it would be this long before it happened.

I personally dont see it happening. ed is to concerened with making himself legit on todays scene and not being nostalgic. something he will never escape but seems to think he can.
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I want Mike back, otherwise the sheep will say its not Van Halen !
                Think about it...

We want to be able to rub the entire poo in their big fat pie holes !!
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

in the end if they did reunite we all know we would go watch them

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

It will never happen since Alex is still alive....

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

If they do reunite, I'm gonna be interested in the result, for sure.

I no longer think it is inevitable, even though it really does make good sense; the Van Halens, Roth and the bass player have nothing going on with any level of urgency that a reunion would disrupt it.

A million a show would be a good guess, as Van Hagar 2004 were getting anywhere from half a million to 750k per night, from what I've been able to cobble together.

It's no longer a given with me that I'd DEFINITELY go to a show even if they did get back together - I'd go if the venue was close enough and ticket prices were reasonable (hint: ain't driving 500 miles and paying $500 to see it). Have already seen the classic lineup once and have enough classic footage to satisfy that craving.

At this point, would rather see CLASSIC Van Halen put out a 2 or 3 disc set of any and all footage from the 1978 to 1984 era (promo, live, whatever) than see a reunion...

And I'd like to hear what Eddie, Dave and company could come up with far as NEW music goes. Have seen Dave several times since he started touring again in 1999; he's always brought a slamming band with him, and I can honestly say that CVH ain't gonna be playing the classic stuff any better THESE DAYS than what Dave brings live to the stage on a regular basis. The emotion of seeing the classic lineup playing again in a big hall would be much higher than seeing Roth solo, but in terms of technical performance about the only thing a reunited CVH is gonna bring to the table that Dave's solo bands kinda don't are strength in the background vocals live.

CVH reuniting is like Chinese Democracy for me nowadays; if it happens, I'll check out the result, but if it doesn't, I ain't worried about it.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                        Dave will tour minus Mike - and no Wolfy will not be on bass for the tour.

As for Mikey....He's such a nice guy that he's the only person who didn't actually ring Ed to offer his condolence at the passing of Ed and Al's mother.

Ed's pissed off about this.
                        And as I've said before, watch the DVD "Early Van Halen Years" done in 2003 and BassPlayer bashes Dave....WTF?
                        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Mike wanted to call ED, but it was Sammy's mantoris oral attention day.
                          Dunno why he didnt call, its not like his mouth would have been
                          that full ???
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                            IMO it shouldn't happen. If it does it'll be a disaster. All good things come to an end. Thats all there is to it.
                            you can't assume it'll be a disaster before its actually happened....

it's much better than another tour with Hagar.....

The fact that DLR and EVH might be getting back together must be reason enough to be interested....

don't dismiss it completely....
                            ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• MAPRamone
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by lztom
                              All things considered, I dont think the CVH would be that big of a deal any more, especially not in the mainstream media. With Eddie in his current state, it would also be a musical disaster.

96 was the time. They could have reconquered the world with a tour then.

Thanks, Eddie and Alex.
                              Yep, a decade ago, they could've reclaimed their position as the number one band in the world. These days, even if Ed sobers up , not a chance! Oh the true fans, which are legion, would show up, but the mainstream interest wouldn't be the same. If they did a long series of killer shows, they might gain some of it back, but even so the moment has passed.
                              dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• WACF
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

I don't think it will work.

Ed is a fucking mess...plain and simple.
                                Remember, Dave has a massive ego and Ed needs to be in control...and he has a mean streak.

The 2004 showed how Ed can not work with anyone.
                                He needs to get his ass kicked to get a wake up call.

The bullshit with Mike shows how fucked up and selfish Ed is...if he has to leave out Mike to make himself feel good then fuck him.

I really do not think an album with DLR would as big as we would hope.
                                I would love to hear it...but we are most likely the only ones.

Our band is dead...and has been for decades.

I agree, 96 was the time.
                                They had their chance and it slipped between their fingers.
                                Last edited by WACF; 10-22-2006, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...