Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nosuchluck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2004

purely based on who i prefer Maiden with and on vocal abilities/style - i voted Di'Anno.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Dickinson...easily

Comment

• SparkieD
        Veteran
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Revan Blaze's solo albums (Silicon Messiah, 10th Dimension, Blood & Belief) much more accurately reflect what he's about musically and they kick a LOT of ass.
        Hell yeah they do! Those of you who haven't checked Blaze (the band) out really should. Just don't go in expecting what you heard with Maiden. Whether you liked him with them or not, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

BTW, great post, Revan!
        Last edited by SparkieD; 10-22-2006, 12:49 PM.
        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
        Originally posted by rustoffa
        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WACF
          Seems when a band is young the first few releases have a certain energy or sound to them...something raw.
          No doubt. Just look at Def Leppards early stuff. Very different & very kick ass. Joe Elliott was asked why they don't play that stuff live anymore. He compared the early songs to the fuel tanks on the space shuttle. Once they help you take off, they fall off and drop into the sea while the shuttle continues up. He also said a low percentage of fans would even know those songs.

I'm picking Bruce. His voice defines Maiden.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Dickinson IS Maiden... period.

Steve Harris is maiden but yeah

Although Killers is my fav album Bruce is still better
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Have to go with Dickinson here.

Di'Anno did well enough with the band, and there was a toughness and simplicity in the material back then that appeals to me, which kinda faded a bit after Dickinson's debut with the band, Number of The Beast.

But Dickinson was the singer on the two albums that I consider Maiden's best, Piece Of Mind and Powerslave...plus, I don't think Di'Anno would have really been quite up to the task of doing the music on those two albums justice. Same with Clive Burr and the drumming; you could tell by the time Number of The Beast came out that Burr was holding them back a bit, and the addition of Nico was what it took to give them that extra push. Same with Dickinson; I wouldn't say he was a QUANTUM leap from Di'Anno, but like Nico he had that little bit extra that allowed Maiden to realize the capability of the material Harris and Smith were coming up with.
              Last edited by Terry; 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• WACF
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                No doubt. Just look at Def Leppards early stuff. Very different & very kick ass. Joe Elliott was asked why they don't play that stuff live anymore. He compared the early songs to the fuel tanks on the space shuttle. Once they help you take off, they fall off and drop into the sea while the shuttle continues up. He also said a low percentage of fans would even know those songs.

Elliot is full of shit and he knows it.

I caught them 3 years ago.
                The set list at that time was mostly older stuff...they only played 2 songs from their last cd.

They played the older stuff - pre Hysteria - and the place went nuts.
                They played the Hysteria stuff and the place was still going strong.

They played the newer stuff and the energy just dropped from the crowd.

The band has to see that.

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Have to go with Dickinson here.

Di'Anno did well enough with the band, and there was a toughness and simplicity in the material back then that appeals to me, which kinda faded a bit after Dickinson's debut with the band, Number of The Beast.

But Dickinson was the singer on the two albums that I consider Maiden's best, Piece Of Mind and Powerslave...plus, I don't think Di'Anno would have really been quite up to the task of doing the music on those two albums justice. Same with Clive Burr and the drumming; you could tell by the time Number of The Beast came out that Burr was holding them back a bit, and the addition of Nico was what it took to give them that extra push. Same with Dickinson; I wouldn't say he was a QUANTUM leap from Di'Anno, but like Nico he had that little bit extra that allowed Maiden to realize the capability of the material Harris and Smith were coming up with.
                  Yeah...that is the thing with Maiden.

The individual members seem to bring certain elements to the band that stand out.
                  Steve's bass playing or Nicko's drumming...the guitars playing back and forth with precission...they compliment each other quite well with their playing.

I like Bruce's solo work quite abit but when you put Maiden together you get a very complete unique sound.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                    Steve Harris is maiden but yeah

Although Killers is my fav album Bruce is still better
                    Well, besides the obvious....

I meant "the voice of Maiden".

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I'd give my opinion, but then Sparkie would have a hissy fit if it didn't match up with what she thought.....
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

screeeeeam for meeee looooong beeeeeach...dickinson...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I ended up voting for him as well.

Comment

• theicecreamman
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2005

Both were great singers, but I have to go with Dickenson he has a lager range and can hit a really high note.

Comment

• ace diamond
                              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                              Excellent poll, but I can't vote on this thread. I love 'em all. Including "the one not worth mentioning!"
                              You mean Blaze Bayley. Blaze was ok.Bruce has done well.
                              BUT PAUL DI'ANNO IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                              When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• SparkieD
                                Veteran
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ace diamond
                                You mean Blaze Bayley. Blaze was ok.Bruce has done well.
                                BUT PAUL DI'ANNO IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!!!!!!
                                Hell yes I mean Blaze I absolutely adore him!
                                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                                Originally posted by rustoffa
                                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

Working...