• Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Di'Anno vs Dickinson

I cannot decide who I like better...

I like Dickinson a lot, but...

I play the song "Prowler" and the Killers album back and forth for hours.

Your take?

I can't vote until I hear what you guys have to say.
    a:3:{i:4675;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4675;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38175";s:5:"title";s:7:"Di'Anno";s:5:"votes";i:9;s:6:"voters";a:9:{i:0;s:4:"7499";i:1;s:4:"8435";i:2;s:2:"11";i:3;s:4:"6761";i:4;s:4:"3524";i:5;s:5:"15136";i:6;s:5:"24249";i:7;s:5:"18778";i:8;s:5:"24290";}}i:4676;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4676;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38175";s:5:"title";s:9:"Dickinson";s:5:"votes";i:31;s:6:"voters";a:31:{i:0;s:5:"21538";i:1;s:4:"4651";i:2;s:5:"20613";i:3;s:4:"2548";i:4;s:3:"752";i:5;s:2:"77";i:6;s:4:"5688";i:7;s:4:"3153";i:8;s:4:"6381";i:9;s:3:"181";i:10;s:2:"41";i:11;s:5:"13755";i:12;s:3:"148";i:13;s:5:"10656";i:14;s:4:"1648";i:15;s:5:"12968";i:16;s:3:"145";i:17;s:5:"20165";i:18;s:4:"1327";i:19;s:5:"13996";i:20;s:5:"18075";i:21;s:5:"22206";i:22;s:5:"23060";i:23;s:5:"21061";i:24;s:5:"20443";i:25;s:4:"8791";i:26;s:4:"9404";i:27;s:4:"4086";i:28;s:1:"3";i:29;s:5:"13286";i:30;s:2:"42";}}i:4677;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4677;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38175";s:5:"title";s:31:"Other dude not worth mentioning";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"12533";}}}
    0%
  • SparkieD
    Veteran
    • Sep 2006

Excellent poll, but I can't vote on this thread. I love 'em all. Including "the one not worth mentioning!"
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
      Including "the one not worth mentioning!"
      You're going to burn in hell for that.

Comment

• SparkieD
        Veteran
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Place all your trust here in me
          Rest assured these things I know
          And as charon sails the sea
          Your journey too shall end below
          Ah yes youre all sitting ducks
          Its true you reap what you sow
          Go to hell

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

I just knew that was comin'

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
              I just knew that was comin'
              Haha!

MKM2U

Lord of Randomness

Comment

• Revan
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2006

Dickinson first, absolutely. Not that I dislike Paul, really, but he only had two albums with Maiden and the debut wasn't really that great, in my mind. Paul did seem to have a bit of the "street cred", for lack of a better explanation, that really made Maiden seem...I don't know...edgier back in the early '80's during his run, but musically Maiden came into it's own with Bruce, no doubt.

Blaze Bayley's a great guy, good performer, decent singer, and excellent songwriter. Also he was completely the wrong choice for Iron Maiden, and he wasn't really used effectively. The real problem was that Maiden wasn't in a place where what they were writing really reflected what Blaze was about musically, coming out of Wolfsbane and judging by what he's done with his solo band since then. Bottom line = Blaze and Maiden just didn't mesh. Steve was going one way, Janick and Dave were following his lead, and Blaze, being the noob, probably didn't have much say in the matter, short of what limited input he got. Blaze's solo albums (Silicon Messiah, 10th Dimension, Blood & Belief) much more accurately reflect what he's about musically and they kick a LOT of ass. Far better than anything he did while he was with Maiden. In regards to his Maiden albums, though, X Factor and Virtual XI weren't bad listens, per se...no Maiden album is...I prefer Virtual XI over X Factor with the exception of that Angel & The Gambler thing...that was painful.
                http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
                Originally posted by thome
                I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Dickinson IS Maiden... period.

I love the Paul period though.

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

With Dickinson they became what they are...Bruce's voice defines them.

With Di'anno I think they would of just faded away....kinda like they did with Blaze.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

It was a totally different band with Di'Anno.

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Yes it was...a good band mind you.

I just do not think they would of lasted this long though.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                          Yes it was...a good band mind you.

I just do not think they would of lasted this long though.
                          True, his vocals aren't as strong.

However, the song "Prowler" is some of the catchiest shit I've ever listened to.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah, Prowler is bad ass.

Seems when a band is young the first few releases have a certain energy or sound to them...something raw.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I`m voting for Bruce although his voice was only truely exceptional for the first three albums he made with Maiden ("The Number Of The beast", "Peice Of Mind" and "Powerslave").

After that he sounded like he lost a bit of interest ("Somewhere In Time", "Seventh Son...") and later occasionally sounded like he had forgotten how to sing ("Holy Smoke", "Run Silent Run Deep", "Hooks In You", "Be Quick Or Be Dead", "Weekend Warrior" etc), although it has been said that "The World Slavery Tour" shot his voice to bits.

He did sing well on his solo albums, though.

Since he came back in 1999 he has got back a bit of the old form and has never sounded better live (compare "Death On The Road" to "Live After Death" if you don`t believe me).

Dianno was good but he could never have fronted an internationally famous band.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...