Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Blaze sucked donkey dick. He has no range, couldn't sing in a high enough register to sing the old Maiden stuff live, and his albums with the band sucked monkey shit. X- Factor was a 0 out of 10 rating, and Vitual XI was a minus 5 out of ten.

I think that pretty much sums up fucking Blaze Bayley. At a Maiden show, no one is looking to hear "2am", right?
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

And, while DiAnno made a couple of good albums with the band, Dickenson raised the bar to a whole new level. Maiden never would have reached the level they did without Bruce.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've never listened to the Blaze Bailey Iron Maiden stuff. To be honest I wasn't a fan of Maiden after Number of the Beast.

To me though he got a rough deal. Kind of like Cherone in VH it just wasn't going to work.

I was kind of a contemporary of him when he was in Wolvesbane and met them a couple of times. They were a great bunch of guys and really deserved to make it. The demo tape that got them signed actually sounded quite like CVH with flashy blistering guitar. There was a song on it called Dance Dirty which was brilliant, very VHII sound but with kind of a Vai guitar solo. It somehow landed on the desk of Rick Rubin at Def Jam after their roadie gave it to a signed bands roadie. At the time the band were pooling their welfare checks into a fund for food and rehearsal time and couldn't believe their luck. When they got the call they told him to fuck off becasue they thought it was a wind up until he convinced them by getting them to call him back in LA.

Rubin produced their debut album himself which just completely sucked. He fucked it up completely no bass, no energy chose their worst songs. It was a total disaster. I talked to them around that time and if you mentioned the album they would just say 'I don't want to talk about it.'

It was a fucking shame, they were stitched up.

After that they really seemed to lose their way. I found an EP they had done after that in a bargain bin around 1990 which was ok but still nothing compared to their early pre signed stuff. I think they were badly advised or pushed in the wrong direction.

Blaze had a great line of funny chat onstage. He's just about the only frontman I've seen apart from Roth that used to get huge laughs from his chat between songs.

I'll need to look out their original demo if I still have it. they produced it themselves and it was great. I used to listen to it a lot. In the pics they looked like LA Guns or something.

I thought BB's singing was fine but his voice and personality was never going to work for Maiden. Be fair to the guy though he was offered the gig and it was a job.

Cheers!

Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-24-2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Dickinson, by a mile.

For me, a distinctive singer is the best asset any band has, it's what makes them stand out.

Di'ano was ok, and Iron Maiden and Killers are classics, but his voice is only average to these ears....
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I've never listened to the Blaze Bailey Iron Maiden stuff. To be honest I wasn't a fan of Maiden after Number of the Beast.

To me though he got a rough deal. Kind of like Cherone in VH it just wasn't going to work.

I was kind of a contemporary of him when he was in Wolvesbane and met them a couple of times. They were a great bunch of guys and really deserved to make it. The demo tape that got them signed actually sounded quite like CVH with flashy blistering guitar. There was a song on it called Dance Dirty which was brilliant, very VHII sound but with kind of a Vai guitar solo. It somehow landed on the desk of Rick Rubin at Def Jam after their roadie gave it to a signed bands roadie. At the time the band were pooling their welfare checks into a fund for food and rehearsal time and couldn't believe their luck. When they got the call they told him to fuck off becasue they thought it was a wind up until he convinced them by getting them to call him back in LA.

Rubin produced their debut album himself which just completely sucked. He fucked it up completely no bass, no energy chose their worst songs. It was a total disaster. I talked to them around that time and if you mentioned the album they would just say 'I don't want to talk about it.'

It was a fucking shame, they were stitched up.

After that they really seemed to lose their way. I found an EP they had done after that in a bargain bin around 1990 which was ok but still nothing compared to their early pre signed stuff. I think they were badly advised or pushed in the wrong direction.

Blaze had a great line of funny chat onstage. He's just about the only frontman I've seen apart from Roth that used to get huge laughs from his chat between songs.

I'll need to look out their original demo if I still have it. they produced it themselves and it was great. I used to listen to it a lot. In the pics they looked like LA Guns or something.

I thought BB's singing was fine but his voice and personality was never going to work for Maiden. Be fair to the guy though he was offered the gig and it was a job.

Cheers!

Wolfsbane should've made it. They were really impressive. Rick Rubin fucked them pretty bad. I'm guessing they were a tax write-off for him.

Maiden offered Blaze the gig way before he actually took it. He was so devoted to Wolfsbane. When he finally realized they were going nowhere, he auditioned for it although it wasn't necessary. 'Arry really believed in him and pushed hard for him to be the new singer.

As much as I love him in Maiden, I really feel like they did him a disserevice. He had such tremendous shoes to fill. That task was made even more impossible by the fact that he was out of his element. Maiden wasn't exactly the kind of band that warranted the onstage antics Blaze was used to. He was a hell of a frontman with Wolfsbane. They were all about rock & roll excess while Maiden were very serious. They should have considered that when they offered him the job.

This isn't the best reflection of them, but they only have two videos. Still, it's a great tune that could've benefitted from better production.

Wolfsbane "I Like It Hot"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0nyvq0Yj5g0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0nyvq0Yj5g0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
            Last edited by SparkieD; 10-25-2006, 08:48 AM.
            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
            Originally posted by rustoffa
            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I prefer this one, check out the scream at the end...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lq8V6EHtpws"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lq8V6EHtpws" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's sad there is a comment from someone on You Tube that Blaze Baily was working in Halfords(a UK chain store selling auto parts) and sold him a license plate last year...

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I prefer this one, check out the scream at the end...

It's sad there is a comment from someone on You Tube that Blaze Baily was working in Halfords(a UK chain store selling auto parts) and sold him a license plate last year...
                Love that tune

There was some speculation on Blaze's forum as to whether or not that was true. Someone who actually knows him says it's not.

However, he did take nearly the entire year off. Plus a lot of his personal stuff was on Ebay a couple of months back. He's planning a pretty lavish wedding in February. Got to get the cash somewhere.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Blaze always seemed like a decent guy, but it just didn't work with Maiden, to these ears at least.

Great if some people dig it, but it's not for me...

Comment

• SparkieD
                    Veteran
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by binnie
                    Blaze always seemed like a decent guy, but it just didn't work with Maiden, to these ears at least.

Great if some people dig it, but it's not for me...
                    Perfectly okay, Bin. Contrary to what's been said, I'm not gonna try to string you up by the balls if you don't like Blaze

Comment

• bastardog
                      Commando
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      ..the song "Prowler" is some of the catchiest shit I've ever listened to.
                      Then you have to hear it on "A Real Dead One" with Dickinson on vocals.........it sounds a lot better than in Di'Anno voice.

In fact Dickinson makes the song's by Di'Anno and Blaze to sound better................so my vote goes to Dickinson

Also noted that Di'Anno sounds like "ano" that in spanish is ass
                      and Dickinson sounds more like dick.....so I better give my vote to a dick than an annus
                      Bastardog

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bastardog
                        and Dickinson sounds more like dick.....so I better give my vote to a dick than an annus
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I believe "anno" means year in Italian.... it comes from the Latin word annum.

I always have fun talking to beginners of Spanish. I love it when they say "Tengo treinta anos". Then I say, "Con treinta, te diviertas todos los dias probablamente".

For the uninformed:
                          Ano = Ass
                          Аño (pronounced Ahnyo) = Year

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by SparkieD
                            Perfectly okay, Bin. Contrary to what's been said, I'm not gonna try to string you up by the balls if you don't like Blaze
                            That's good to know - sounds painful!!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I never thought about it like that.

Fresh thinking from Bastardog.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                                I never thought about it like that.

Fresh thinking from Bastardog.
                                It's amazing what can amuse different people from different parts of the world.

There are a few Chinese characters that are pronounced like
                                Хуй in Russian (pronounced Hui). It means dick.

Lots of Russians laugh when they hear them.

Comment

Working...