X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Something I don't understand about gays. Why do they define themselves by what their sexual preference is? Example: in Survivor last season, the individuals when speaking of the tribe, always referred to themselves as the cop, the football player, the businessman & the gay guy. Even the gay guy used this terminology when referring to himself and tribemembers.

Heterosexuals don't define themselves as "the straight guy". Insurance broker, musician, athelete, student...sure.
    Deep thinking by Sadiast...

I think actually the network may have referred to him as "the gay guy," and he just perhaps went along with it since it seems reality TV needs to have a gay dude, and Survivor likes to border on the fringes of overt racism with their race-centered teams. But I don't watch the show since I find reality-TV to be kind of 'gay' in general.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Deep thinking by Sadiast...

I think actually the network may have referred to him as "the gay guy," and he just perhaps went along with it since it seems reality TV needs to have a gay dude, and Survivor likes to border on the fringes of overt racism with their race-centered teams. But I don't watch the show since I find reality-TV to be kind of 'gay' in general.
      Yeah, maybe. They way they edit can make you like or dislike any person on the show. In interviews, people would say that the "complaining guy" only complained a few times, but that's all they showed which sways viewer opinion.

But I do notice in other circumstances that gays do tend to define themselves by their sexuality. Then they don't like when other people stereotype of define them by it. If you don't want to be known as a stoner, quit wearing you marijuana leaf t-shirt.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

What is it about gay Americans getting married that scares the shit out of people like Brie?
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who is it that is really defining gays by their sexual orientation?

Who is it that is trying to amend state constitutions and even the US constitution to deny rights to people, based on nothing more than that reason?

And why is it always the same fucking inbred sister-fuckers who have to have SOMEONE to discriminate against?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            What is it about gay Americans getting married that scares the shit out of people like Brie?
            You will notice that as their holy war in Iraq deteriorates, neocons will turn up the volume on other hot button topics as to avoid any discussion of The War Against Terror (T.W.A.T.).

Note that BigBland was all about elections and queers today. Along, of course, with his poor attempts to insult his intellectual superiors.
            Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, I apologise if I am wrong here, but didn't Brian say he was having marital troubles?

I mean, do we really need people that have been through two or three divorces crowing about the horrors of gay marriage, and how the institution of marriage is in jeopardy?

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

i'm voting no.

marriage is legally nothing more than a legal contract between 2 people.

religions can do whatever they want with marriage under their specific dogmas. but in the civil sphere, it's simply a contract.

who am i to tell 2 consenting adults that they can't make that contract?

Comment

• blueturk
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Is gay marriage all that Virginians have to worry about?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                    i'm voting no.

marriage is legally nothing more than a legal contract between 2 people.

religions can do whatever they want with marriage under their specific dogmas. but in the civil sphere, it's simply a contract.

who am i to tell 2 consenting adults that they can't make that contract?

Wow.

A cuntservative Repube from VA with common sense and the strength to allow every American the same right he expects.......

They do exist...........

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
                      Is gay marriage all that Virginians have to worry about?
                      That, and getting the clap at family reunions......

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Wow.

A cuntservative Repube from VA with common sense and the strength to allow every American the same right he expects.......

They do exist...........
                        heh heh. not conservative or republican. but thanks anyways...

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Nov 2004

Aren't weddings kinda gay anyway?
                          Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            I already lived there a while back, and was in Northern Virginia this spring.

I tried not to venture more than about 50 miles south of DC, since the "hill people" lived there.
                            I take offense to that...

Sincerely,
                            VA (200 miles south of D.C.)

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Sincerely,

Well you're okay. Besides, you're a military transplant, as was I.

And I think you must know what I mean. Wooft!

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Sincerely,

Yeah, but you have Pat Robertson for a neighbor, and that's even worse
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...