Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick Ten of your favorite Roth solo songs in order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) SENSIBLE SHOES - I remember many, many years ago explaining to POJO why this is Dave's shining moment...I explained it so well...so much better than I could now. And...he got it. There was no debate necessary.
    2) DAMN GOOD - Gives me goosebumps. Still.
    3) SHYBOY - It rocks harder than even a lot of prime VH stuff. It's intense. It is primal.
    4) LITTLE TEXAS - The highlight of the excellent DLR BAND album. This album represents my summer of 1998.
    5) YANKEE ROSE - This is Dave's JUMP. It's one of the catchiest things ever written.
    6) LOSE THE DRESS (KEEP THE SHOES) - This is just classic. Love the riff. And Dave is struttin' 'n' swaggerin'.
    7) IT'S SHOWTIME! - I remember discovering this and thinking it was like an outtake from FAIR WARNING or something. It solidifies the Jason Becker tragedy like nothing else could.
    8) JUST LIKE PARADISE - I know some people can't stand it. The arpeggio'd keyboard bit on the chorus is pure pop songwriting magic. The a capalla part...
    9) BIG TRAIN - It's Dave...but with horns...in a good way. It's Dave's James Brown moment.
    10) BLACK SAND - DLR BAND. Again, MY summer of '98. This song is the ultimate recreational drug song. I just realized...I'm not sure if I ever listened to this on a beach. I should. (I've listened to it on a boat with a drink in my hand.)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikk View Post
      1) SENSIBLE SHOES - I remember many, many years ago explaining to POJO why this is Dave's shining moment...I explained it so well...so much better than I could now. And...he got it. There was no debate necessary.
      2) DAMN GOOD - Gives me goosebumps. Still.
      3) SHYBOY - It rocks harder than even a lot of prime VH stuff. It's intense. It is primal.
      4) LITTLE TEXAS - The highlight of the excellent DLR BAND album. This album represents my summer of 1998.
      5) YANKEE ROSE - This is Dave's JUMP. It's one of the catchiest things ever written.
      6) LOSE THE DRESS (KEEP THE SHOES) - This is just classic. Love the riff. And Dave is struttin' 'n' swaggerin'.
      7) IT'S SHOWTIME! - I remember discovering this and thinking it was like an outtake from FAIR WARNING or something. It solidifies the Jason Becker tragedy like nothing else could.
      8) JUST LIKE PARADISE - I know some people can't stand it. The arpeggio'd keyboard bit on the chorus is pure pop songwriting magic. The a capalla part...
      9) BIG TRAIN - It's Dave...but with horns...in a good way. It's Dave's James Brown moment.
      10) BLACK SAND - DLR BAND. Again, MY summer of '98. This song is the ultimate recreational drug song. I just realized...I'm not sure if I ever listened to this on a beach. I should. (I've listened to it on a boat with a drink in my hand.)
      You know...it's been so long since I've heard SENSIBLE SHOES...am slightly embarrassed to say I had forgotten about it.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• #1 is maybe a bit of a stretch but out of the half dozen Roth solo songs with that vibe it's the best.

I used to think I would go for Damn Good at the climax of my funeral but over the years I've changed that to On Fire.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-07-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
          #1 is maybe a bit of a stretch but out of the half dozen Roth solo songs with that vibe it's the best.

I used to think I would go for Damn Good at the climax of my funeral but over the years I've changed that to On Fire.
          So you have opted for cremation.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by if6was9 View Post
            1. Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody

2. Damn Good
            3. Yankee Rose
            4. Ladies' Nite in Buffalo?
            5. Hina
            6. Just Like Paradise
            7. Experience
            8. If 6 Was 9
            11 years later and 1 missing album later (DLR Band):

1. Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody
            2. Relentless
            3. Damn Good
            4. Yankee Rose
            5. Weekend With the Babysitter
            6. Ladies' Nite in Buffalo?
            7. Hina
            8. Right Tool for the Job
            9. Just Like Paradise
            10. Experience
            Last edited by if6was9; 06-01-2020, 04:27 AM.
            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Some things like an amoeba, Neal Young or the this forum, never change.

Comment

• I see Lady Luck here and there but that song doesn't get enough run IMO. I think it is one of the best songs on ALAE. Where is the love?
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                  Some things like an amoeba, Neal Young or the this forum, never change.
                  And Keith Richards.

Comment

Working...
                  X