Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You all saw this coming, right?

This is Ed passing the torch to his kid... Ed knows a reunion with Dave is the most lucrative of his options, and it just might be Wolfie who is pulling the strings. Mike and Sam are OUT and Dave could be back IN, IF he plays his cards right. The VH saga takes yet another twist and turn. Wolfie's in because he wants to be in.

Many VH purisits will find this diffiicult to accept, but if the kid can learn the parts and sing the harmonies, it just might work. Dave is hungry enough to embrace a Mikeless reunion.

The magic of Van Halen is between Dave and Ed. It always was. Anyone can play with those TWO and it's going to be great.

I just hope we get 1 more album of Dave and Ed. At this point, who cares who's playing bass for Van Halen.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Confused as to what torch Eddie is passing to his kid.

Van Halen is damaged goods. At this point, even a full-member CVH reunion has the feeling of something that should have been done ten years ago as the prelude to a new future for the band, and now only serves the purpose of a possible ending for the Van Halen name in something other than bemused apathy.

I'll take an album of new material from Ed and Dave any day. Even if it's not called Van Halen and has studio bassists and drummers on it. THAT prospect still interests me. As for the rest, well, 1996 was the second chance for those guys. They blew it. Suppose there will still be opportunities as long as everyone is still breathing, but what made sense a decade ago is now smelling more like something undertaken out of a sense of desperation and realization that time is running out.

About the only torch Ed could leave Wolfie that matters to me is if he wills his kid all rights to release any vaulted CVH video and audio. CVH as a contemporary entity with a future, for all intents and purposes, ended in 1984. Any chance of bucking those odds died when they fucked it up in 1996, then pissed away ten years.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: You all saw this coming, right?

Originally posted by light 'em up!

Many VH purisits will find this diffiicult to accept, but if the kid can learn the parts and sing the harmonies, it just might work. Dave is hungry enough to embrace a Mikeless reunion.

I agree. I don't know how anyone can be a "VH purist" anymore. They need to get over it, IMO, and become a "VH realist" like me. Its a lot less painful.

The magic of Van Halen is between Dave and Ed. It always was. Anyone can play with those TWO and it's going to be great.
    Thats reality. Well, maybe not "anyone"...but I know what you mean...good post.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I don't know about "anyone". I think Billy Sheehan would be a lot better than Wolfie.

In fact, if Mike is absolutely out of the picture, Sheehan should be the first option. Last I heard he was on friendly terms with both Dave & Eddie.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I know fat jokes piss people off but fuck it...

I just wonder what the new M&M clause will be with that kid on board? :confused:

In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:35 PM
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    I don't know about "anyone". I think Billy Sheehan would be a lot better than Wolfie.

In fact, if Mike is absolutely out of the picture, Sheehan should be the first option. Last I heard he was on friendly terms with both Dave & Eddie.

Yeah, but can Billy sing those back-up harmonies?

I'm sure Wolf is a great kid and very talented, but this is complete bullshit. No reunion without Mike. PERIOD.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD

Sheenan and Ed on stage will absolutely KILL!!

Besides, Billy replacing Mike is something like, 25 years in the making!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There's a big difference between changing lead singers and bass players.

Sure the bass is an essential part of the rhythm section, but when the lead vocal changes, the whole feel of the music is different.

I'm not opposed to having someone else on bass. In the studio, the recordings can be worked for harmonies. Live, it's like all different songs...so that's not really an issue for me.

If I can stand in that crowd, close my eyes and hear what I've been waiting for?...it's all good.

The one thing that I am apprehensive about if this reunion goes to frutition has nothing to do with the instruments. I'm hoping that if it happens, Dave doesn't ruin the songs by rushing through the lyrics like I've heard him do so many times in videos lately. It's just common practice for a singer that has sung a song a gazillion times to not sing them correctly just to get through them. Paying more attention to onstage antics than the songs. That shortchanges the audience in my mind.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: You all saw this coming, right?

This is Ed passing the torch to his kid... Ed knows a reunion with Dave is the most lucrative of his options, and it just might be Wolfie who is pulling the strings. Mike and Sam are OUT and Dave could be back IN, IF he plays his cards right. The VH saga takes yet another twist and turn. Wolfie's in because he wants to be in.

I just hope we get 1 more album of Dave and Ed. At this point, who cares who's playing bass for Van Halen.

how do you figure ? Dave hungry enough ? not now, maybe in 96' and still, then, he said he wouldnt do it unless it was all 4 memebers.

I still dont see dave doing it without Mike. Dave needs MA backing vocals for it to sound authentic. those two made the vocal sound of VH. 3/4 of the band will be close but it still wont sound right.

just like daves hired guns playing EVH. its ok but its not EVH.

I just dont see dave desperate enough now, to agree to that. dave has the upper hand and if he wants MA in he will be in. Dave looks and sounds as good as ever!!!! ed is all over this and if dave is as smart as he has been in the past. he will force the issue with ed.

it would be a huge suprise if dave goes against what he has said. all 4 or nothing!!!!!

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ellyllions
    There's a big difference between changing lead singers and bass players.

Sure the bass is an essential part of the rhythm section, but when the lead vocal changes, the whole feel of the music is different.

I'm not opposed to having someone else on bass. In the studio, the recordings can be worked for harmonies. Live, it's like all different songs...so that's not really an issue for me.

If I can stand in that crowd, close my eyes and hear what I've been waiting for?...it's all good.

The one thing that I am apprehensive about if this reunion goes to frutition has nothing to do with the instruments. I'm hoping that if it happens, Dave doesn't ruin the songs by rushing through the lyrics like I've heard him do so many times in videos lately. It's just common practice for a singer that has sung a song a gazillion times to not sing them correctly just to get through them. Paying more attention to onstage antics than the songs. That shortchanges the audience in my mind.

couldnt agree with you more. I have seen some videos of dave of late rushing and speaking through the songs. its a shame cause dave can sound dead on when he wants too. when I watch the carson show "meen street" he did, that was the most I ever heard him sing that song so close to the original. he actuall puts his voice right into it and makes all the wails.

I think dave will work as hard as he ever has to deliver to the fans.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bru87tr
    I think dave will work as hard as he ever has to deliver to the fans.
    Singing as the lead singer of Van Halen, Dave will indeed work his ass off.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Singing as the lead singer of Van Halen, Dave will indeed work his ass off.
    But will Eddie do his part and play anything remotely close to recognizable? Or listenable?

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-03-2007 @ 05:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry, but Wolfie ain't picking up no torch.

This is a business where image is as important as talent. It's got room for just about one fat rocker, and his name is Meatloaf. Even John Popper had to lose weight.

So spare me this bullshit about the next generation of Van Halen.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    04-29-2012 @ 08:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed should just have his kid make guest appearances again playing 6 string, ONCE in a while.....

Dave -DO NOT do a VH reunion tour without Mike....it would be criminal.
    Ed will just have to get over his stupid pride-filled mental grudges.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Do we have any further confirmation on whether Wolfie is actully in or not?

Are we still working on one rumour only?

Ahhh fuck it.

If Dave and Ed record I'll still be happy!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Roy Munson
    Yeah, but can Billy sing those back-up harmonies?

I'm sure Wolf is a great kid and very talented, but this is complete bullshit. No reunion without Mike. PERIOD.
    good. your opinion has been stated. back to your room Mr Munson.

shame I wont bump into @ one of the shows.

I guess being such a Mike fan you'll be at The Other Half touring?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I said before, I'll say it again: If it is not the original four, they should not EVEN call it any kind of "Reunion".

If it is not the original 4, I am not sure I wanna see them.

With Dave on tour, it is entirely possible they won't make it through all the dates before imploding.

Look what happened to them in 2004? Ed was a slobbering drunk through most of the tour. He could not interact wif Spambo OR the bass player at all. And his brother Monkey Boy is only a yes-man to deadhead, who will not even play with anyone else, even for a jam, unless drunkhead Ed is there too.

SO if Ed tours with Dave, they will probably have to put a bulletproof plexiglass wall in between Dave & Ed on the stage.

What a pack of dysfunctional losers!

excited
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-12-2008 @ 10:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Originally posted by binnie
    Do we have any further confirmation on whether Wolfie is actully in or not?

Are we still working on one rumour only?

Ahhh fuck it.

If Dave and Ed record I'll still be happy!

Guess you didnt see this coming. WolfGang is the new bassist and the Van Halens are in studio without a singer at this time of writing. Mike said today that he has not been approached for the reunion. I suppose you already know the answer to your question already but I need spam.. I mean post coun... I mean, I just wanted to add to this thread something that already is in another thread.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2011 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Originally posted by svrwthr
    Guess you didnt see this coming. WolfGang is the new bassist and the Van Halens are in studio without a singer at this time of writing. Mike said today that he has not been approached for the reunion. I suppose you already know the answer to your question already but I need spam.. I mean post coun... I mean, I just wanted to add to this thread something that already is in another thread.
    Official Source???

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    What a pack of dysfunctional losers!
    Exactly! But this might be as close to a CVH reunion that we're ever going to get.

Maybe Dave can convince Ed to give Wolfie a spot in every show, let him come out during Ed's solo, let him bang on the drums during uncle Al's solo. Hell, give the kid his own solo, but for God's sake, keep CVH intact.

Problem is, Ed's out to hurt Mike, especially for going out with Sam and billing themselves as the other half of Van Halen. That one really pissed him off, and as far as Ed's concerned, Mikey's gotta pay for his disloyalties to the family.

Thread Information