X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiki-Tom
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Army of Anyone

I love this disc. Army of Anyone features Richard Patrick, the lead singer of Filter, Dean and Robert DeLeo, founding members of Stone Temple Pilots, and drummer Ray Luzier, of the DLR band.

This cd really kicks ass. If your an STP fan you should check it out. I love STP but I'm not a fan of Richard Patrick's voice so I didn't know what to expect. Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. Anyone else heard it? Like or dislike it?
    [
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I also am not a FILTER fan, but this is a great CD. Not quite STP, but rock-solid nevertheless...and better songwriting than the VELVET REVOLVER stuff.

And Luzier just smokes.

Buy it.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
      Commando
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Rikk
      ...and better songwriting than the VELVET REVOLVER stuff.
      Buy it.
      Much better Songwriting. The DeLeo brothers sure know how to approach the whole "Supergroup" thing . They are giving their fans some quality music, not just name recognition.
      This disc gets better and better with each listen. I thought Richard Patrick would ruin it but he did a great job.
      Last edited by Tiki-Tom; 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM.
      [

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
        I also am not a FILTER fan, but this is a great CD. Not quite STP, but rock-solid nevertheless...and better songwriting than the VELVET REVOLVER stuff.

And Luzier just smokes.

Buy it.
        The album must be so good it made this critter ^come back from the grave to tell us.

Comment

• Roy Munson
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

This album kicks ass. I like it better than Velvet Rev.

I've been a big fan of both STP and Filter and this is a perfect marriage of the two. Richard Patrick has an uncanny ability to create super-memorable chorus melodies...just listen to any Filter record and with this disc he is at the top of his game!

The DeLeo bros are in top form, too. I love thier songwriting and Dean DeLeo is a modern Jimmy Page if you ask me.

Ray's drumming is so great on this disc that he should be garnering attention as a new drum god. This guy is so freaking good it makes me sick.

Go out and buy it!! It's a winner!
          Originally posted by ELVIS
          I guess you're right...

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Ray is first-rate!

I'm sure Ray gives many kudos for having DLR take him under his wings and far beyond the Nixons and Metal Skool, giving Ray ample exposure to getting noticed as DLR is continuing to do for Toshi & B-Young.

Army of Anyone's cut "Goodbye" ROCKS!
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• SparkieD
              Veteran
              • Sep 2006

Not into the singer too much, but he does sound much better on this than Filter and NiN. The DeLeo brothers have a way of bringing out the best in others. They did great things with Alien Ant Farm's TruAnt. And for that matter, they seem to be the only ones who can squeeze out anything worthwhile from Scott Weiland.
              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
              Originally posted by rustoffa
              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• jslav06
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2006

Good stuff. They kick ass. I'm a big STP fan, not so much a Filter fan, but this is a good here. For now at least. I'd like to see how long they'll be in some spotlight.

Get this album.
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
                I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Army of Anyone - Goodbye
                  <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2KXhjjgky9Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2KXhjjgky9Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So far most seem to like this record as much as I do. I really thought that Patrick's vocals would kill this project but I'm pleasantly surprised. He sounds good here.
                  And yes, the drum work by Ray is absolutely killer. I hope they stick around for more than one disc.
                  Let Scott stay with Slash, the DeLeo brothers are doing just fine without him.
                  [

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                    The album must be so good it made this critter ^come back from the grave to tell us.
                    In front of your naked, steamin' eyes...
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...