X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5150meanstreet
    Full On Cocktard
    • Nov 2006

The Boston Red Sox

So where does everyone think they are going during the current winter meetings?

Personally I don't want Manny traded unless it's to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada. Yes they need a closer but there are still free agents out they can deal with on that front (not top of the line closers mind you).

Tejada or Manny stays (at least until the July 2007 trade deadline)!
    Better known as "atomicpunk5150"@ www.vhlinks.com

DLR on whether or not the 2007 reunion will be permanent:

God willin’, and the creek don’t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari…yeah. I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albequerque.
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

as an o's fan, i'd prefer we keep tejada.

no offense, i've just gotten addicted to b-12...

Comment

• 5150meanstreet
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2006

Rumors are circulating that The Nationals closer Chad Cordero may be part of a three way deal that send Manny to SF. Thoughts? Is he worth it?

God willin’, and the creek don’t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari…yeah. I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albequerque.

Comment

• High Life Man
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Your closer is going to be Derrick Turnbow.

Have fun with that!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There is no way the Sox can trade Manny, unless they get someone in return to replace the offensive numbers...

Fuck the reports that he doesnt want to be here. He signed a contract and is obligated to work under that contract. I don't care if his feelings are hurt. This is professional baseball we are talking about here...a cold business.

I know this, Larry Luccino knows this. However, the Boston media needs ratings, so this becomes a controversy. Like it did last year. And the year before that. And the year before that....
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Oh, and 5150meanstreet, I am the resident Red Sox fan here, so you must bow to me.

Eh, just kidding. Welcome to the Roth Army...
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• 5150meanstreet
              Full On Cocktard
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
              Oh, and 5150meanstreet, I am the resident Red Sox fan here, so you must bow to me.

Eh, just kidding. Welcome to the Roth Army...
              I am humbled in your presence my lord. If this Turnbow guy is going to be our closer we might as well resign Foulke.

Comment

Working...