X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

More Heaven and Hell News

Could be bad news for the U.S., if this thing implodes...maybe I'm due for a trip to Canada...

Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com recently conducted an interview with Ronnie James Dio about the upcoming BLACK SABBATH best-of album, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", and the world tour alongside guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice under the band name HEAVEN AND HELL.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to get back in front of fans and perform these songs again," Dio said. "I think this is something a lot of people have been waiting a long time for."

According to Dio, the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, ending in Toronto. Then the band will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

Though Dio is thrilled to be able to revisit his past with SABBATH, he hasn't lain awake at night longing for a reunion. And while Iommi and Butler have wondered over the years what it would be like to play again with Dio, it was Warner Music subsidiary Rhino Records that first brought up the idea by making plans to release "The Dio Years". The label contacted Iommi's manager and said it would like to include some previously unreleased songs. Since there was nothing worthwhile in the vault that hadn't been used, Iommi contacted Dio and suggested they consider getting together to write some new material.

"About four months ago, I went over to England to Tony's house, where he has a studio," Dio said. "We started to work together, and it was really so enjoyable. After long spaces of time not working with people, you forget how good they are or how much you liked being around them."

The band isn't yet ready to announce the titles of the three new songs, but that doesn't mean Dio isn't eager to talk about them. One, he says, will be slow and doomy, the second will be midtempo and the third will be a scorcher.

"They're the perfect blend, [given] the limitations of only doing three tracks," he said. "I feel like we covered all the bases, and it's all guitar, bass, drums and voice. There are no keyboards, and it sounds excellent. And the lyrics are pretty weird. Whenever I get back with SABBATH, I seem to have this leash taken off me and I can write as weird as I want to."

Read more at MTV.com.
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Yeah!!!!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, now there they fucking go again........ now it's Vinnie on drums and not Bill Ward???

Can they make up their minds?

For the record, Vinnie would be a better fit, since he played on 2 of the 3 studio albums, did most of the touring, and the Live Evil album
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm so there!
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Re: More Heaven and Hell News

Originally posted by bueno bob

According to Dio, the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, ending in Toronto. Then the band will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

What the fuck!

Ending in Toronto is not across Canada. Thats only half way through the country. Come to Montreal you fuckers!

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

Sounds like a stop in Winnipeg is coming!
            Bob, if you are so inclined, I personally would like to welcome you to "The Great White North Eh"!!!!

Comment

• bastardog
              Commando
              • Feb 2004

I hope to see them here no matter if they confuse and list Puerto Rico as part as South America...

Otherwise I will have to travel to any of those southamerican countries to see them..... and all of those poor girls that wants to do anything to scape to a US territory...
              Bastardog

Comment

• jharp84
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

At least they are doing something and able to talk about(vh reunion-STRICTLY FUCKING CONFIDENTIAL AS USUAL, LIFE OR DEATH IF ANYTHING GETS OUT!!!(I.E they are all fucking paranoid assholes!)I look forward to this boxset and tour!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

If they hit Ottawa I BE 'DERE BRUDDAHS!!!!
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    OK, now there they fucking go again........ now it's Vinnie on drums and not Bill Ward???

Can they make up their minds?

For the record, Vinnie would be a better fit, since he played on 2 of the 3 studio albums, did most of the touring, and the Live Evil album
                    I guess you missed it...they said it was Vinny about three weeks ago, and Vinny confirmed it about two weeks back...that's been official for a while now...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Maybe DIO's son will be on Bass !!!!
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                        Maybe DIO's son will be on Bass !!!!
                        Well, at least he's past puberty...

Actually, isn't Ronnie's son a meteorologist in Chicago for some news channel? I thought I read that somewhere...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Can't fucking wait.

Small venues too probably, which I think would suit those evil songs even better!
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Oh yeah...this'll be smaller club venues, for sure...

Which is really good - seeing Sabbath during the Tony Martin era and being able to be right fucking there at front of the stage was just amazing...

It'll be much the same, only better because that stump of Tony Martin and "Rhythm Section of the Day" will be replaced by Dio, Butler and Appice.

PERFECT!!!
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

It'll be much the same, only better because that stump of Tony Martin and "Rhythm Section of the Day"
                              Agree that Tony Martin was indeed a stump, but didn't Cozy Powell play drums for Sabbs during that era? That's hardly rhythm section of the day - he could have played circles around Appice or Bill Ward for that matter....

Is my memory playing tricks on me?
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...