Thread: Yes! Another Saddam Hanging Thread!

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Yes! Another Saddam Hanging Thread!

Iraq govt to probe filming of Saddam hanging
    01 Jan 2007 19:59:32 GMT

Source: Reuters

By Mussab Al-Khairalla and Alastair Macdonald

BAGHDAD, Jan 1 (Reuters) - The Iraqi government launched an inquiry on Monday into how guards filmed and taunted Saddam Hussein on the gallows, turning his execution into a televised spectacle that has inflamed sectarian anger.

A senior Iraqi official told Reuters the U.S. ambassador tried to persuade Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki not to rush into hanging the former president just four days after his appeal was turned down, urging the government two wait another two weeks.

News of the ousted strongman's death on Saturday and of his treatment by officials of the Shi'ite-led government was blamed by one witness for sparking a prison riot among mainly Sunni Arab inmates at a jail near the northern city of Mosul.

An adviser to Maliki, Sami al-Askari, told Reuters: "There were a few guards who shouted slogans that were inappropriate and that's now the subject of a government investigation."

The government released video showing the hangman chatting to a composed Saddam as he placed the noose round his neck.

But mobile phone footage on the Web showed guards shouting "Go to hell!", chanting the name of a Shi'ite militia leader and exchanging insults with Saddam before he fell through the trap in mid-prayer and his body swung, broken-necked, on the rope.

Saddam's exiled eldest daughter and even some residents of Dujail, the Shi'ite town whose sufferings led to his conviction for crimes against humanity, joined mourning rituals for him, most of these concentrated among Sunni Arabs in Saddam's home region north of Baghdad where he was buried on Sunday.

Mourners continued to arrive at his native village of Awja, near Tikrit. His daughter Raghd, who helped finance his defence from her strictly supervised exile in Jordan, joined several hundred people in the capital Amman in a show of solidarity.

Iraqi troops and police rushed to Mosul's Padush prison to put down a riot after visitors broke news of Saddam's treatment. The governor said seven guards and three prisoners were injured although a visitor reported gunfire and the death of an inmate.

There has been no significant repeat of the series of car bombings that killed over 70 people in Shi'ite neighbourhoods on Saturday within hours of the dawn execution, but the government and U.S. forces are on alert for the kind of sectarian violence that has pitched Iraq toward civil war since Saddam's overthrow.

The Interior Ministry ordered the closure of another Iraqi television channel, Sharkiya, accusing it of fomenting hatred. The channel, owned by a London-based businessman who was once an official under Saddam, continued broadcasting from Dubai.

The government has taken similar measures against several channels, all with perceived Sunni leanings.

BUSH STRATEGY

U.S. President George W. Bush plans to unveil a new strategy this month after the 3,000th soldier to die in Iraq since the March 2003 invasion was killed just before New Year. At least 112 Americans died in December, the deadliest month for them in more than two years as they struggled to contain the bloodshed.

Two U.S. soldiers died in an explosion on Sunday northeast of Baghdad. U.S. forces said they killed six insurgents in a raid on a suspected al Qaeda safe house in Baghdad.

While Saddam's sentencing and then death brought muted responses from most Sunnis, many have been particularly angered by video showing supporters of Shi'ite cleric and militia leader Moqtada al-Sadr chanting "Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada!" at him.

"Is this what you call manhood?" Saddam told them in reply.

Maliki adviser Askari said the government would look into how guards in the execution chamber, once used by Saddam's own feared secret police, had smuggled in a mobile phone camera.

Askari said: "They have damaged the image of the Sadrists. That should not have happened. Before we went into the room we had an agreement that no one should bring a mobile phone."

U.S. forces had declined to give Saddam to Iraqis for fear of abuses of his prisoner's rights. They only agreed to hand him over for execution hours before the unannounced hanging.

A government official involved in the talks told Reuters, on condition of anonymity, that U.S. ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad had urged Maliki to wait another two weeks, until after the long Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha, and had insisted on a variety of documents including approval from Iraq's Kurdish president.

"The Americans wanted to delay the execution by 15 days because they weren't keen on having him executed straight away," he said. "But ... the prime minister's office provided all the documents they asked for and the Americans changed their minds when they saw the prime minister was very insistent."

A U.S. embassy spokesman declined immediate comment.

Senior Iraqi officials have forecast a limited New Year offensive by U.S.-led forces against Sadr's Mehdi Army. "There will be limited and targeted operations against members of the Mehdi Army," one senior Shi'ite official said.

(Additional reporting by Claudia Parsons and Ibon Villelabeitia in Baghdad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A one , and a two.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-QsZ8bqYlc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-QsZ8bqYlc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"Those Who Dare, Win!"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question Imposter???

Ford might be right.
    Unless they let Saddam dye his hair in the joint, that's not him!!!:eek:

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Yes! Another Saddam Hanging Thread!

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

This could have easily been posted IN THE EXISTING SADDAM TO HANG thread.......

I'll do it for you, I wouldn't want to tax your strength.
    Hypocrite

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why wouldn't they let Saddam have a supply of Just For Men®, if they also supplied him with Doritos®? He had access to the best American products money could buy.

I wonder if his last meal was a Big Mac and a large order of fries from McDonalds..

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Why wouldn't they let Saddam have a supply of Just For Men®, if they also supplied him with Doritos®? He had access to the best American products money could buy.

I wonder if his last meal was a Big Mac and a large order of fries from McDonalds..
    Doritos aren't toxic or possibly flammable like hair dye is.

Would you give Saddam Hussein a potential weapon? Or for that matter, something he could drink and kill himself with if he was desperate enough?
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Satan

Would you give Saddam Hussein a potential weapon?

Of course I would, why not?

Sincerely,

Donald Rumsfeld

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For me that video was a big disappointment...

First It even wasn't clear if that guy is the real Saddam

and two.... Nobody punch, kick or spit him.

Bah....
    Bastardog

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bastardog
    For me that video was a big disappointment...

First It even wasn't clear if that guy is the real Saddam

and two.... Nobody punch, kick or spit him.

Bah....
    All of that happenned afterwards. Which only pushes the idea further that Saddam's execution was Shia sectarian revenge rather than official state "justice".

Which of course only increases the civil war atmosphere over there.

This whole thing couldn't have gone better for the BCE if they had planned it that way.

Shit, did I say "if"??
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD
    All of that happenned afterwards. Which only pushes the idea further that Saddam's execution was Shia sectarian revenge rather than official state "justice".

Which of course only increases the civil war atmosphere over there.

This whole thing couldn't have gone better for the BCE if they had planned it that way.

Shit, did I say "if"??
    If it's anybody's fault, it's the Iraqi government's fault.

We turned him over to them when they requested it. Our part was done.

I wonder how many hundreds upon hundreds of people Saddam hung like that. The world will never know for sure.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If it's anybody's fault, it's the Iraqi government's fault.

We turned him over to them when they requested it. Our part was done.

I wonder how many hundreds upon hundreds of people Saddam hung like that. The world will never know for sure.
    There is no such thing as "the Iraqi government". Just BCE puppets. And the Iraqi people are well aware of that. Especially the Sunnis.

As I said, the BCE loves the fact that this clusterfuck of an execution stirred up more sectarian shit, so they can use it as an excuse to expand the occupation with this so called "surge" of 20,000 more sitting ducks in US uniforms.

Watch me fuck this up....
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yup Saddam was a EVIL SOB but i have a GUT feeling he was just a puppet on a short string. that a far more darker individual called the shots.

BIH Saddam!

The name "Saddam" translates to "The Destroyer"
    a friend showed me some kind of Religion Article years ago about that.
    watch now as we find ourselves under a new wave of Towel Head Attacks.
    my view is get all "USA Soldiers and our people out of there" and turn that fuckin place into a big sheet of Glass.
    Roth Army MP
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamark
    Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
    or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS
    She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY HALE
    so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

"Those Who Dare, Win!"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would bet Saddam hung 1000's of people.
    He ranks right up there with Hitler and Stalin as far as brutality goes.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ppg960
    I would bet Saddam hung 1000's of people.
    He ranks right up there with Hitler and Stalin as far as brutality goes.
    That's like saying Sammy Hagar ranks with David Lee Roth.

Please.....

Saddam was no boy scout, obviously. But his "legendary" reputation of brutality is 90% just that. Legendary.

Most of it coming straight from the propaganda of the very same bastards who put him in power and armed him in the first place.

And we all remember who that was, don't we?
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8wKZWjGopoc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8wKZWjGopoc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"Those Who Dare, Win!"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I disagree. I think there is more truth than Legend.
    He was convicted of killing 148 people in 1982 and it just came to light a few years ago.
    They should have strung him up by his balls.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And Chimpy's killed over 3,000 of his own people just to get to a guy who "tried to kill his daddy".

So does that make him Hitler or Stalin?

"Those Who Dare, Win!"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question The Butcher

And Chimpy's killed over 3,000 of his own people just to get to a guy who "tried to kill his daddy".

So does that make him Hitler or Stalin?
    Yes, I guess it does if you look at that way!
    You fine folks voted him into office.
    He's from Texas, WTF do you expect??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Saddam was no boy scout, obviously. But his "legendary" reputation of brutality is 90% just that. Legendary.
    A liberal's wonderful spin about another brutal dictator. Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people he was responsible for putting six feet under.

Next you'll be telling us Fidel Castro should have won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A liberal's wonderful spin about another brutal dictator. Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people he was responsible for putting six feet under.
    No, that's FORD's spin. Don't generalize.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Next you'll be telling us Fidel Castro should have won the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Castro falls in the same category as Saddam in a lot of ways.... The propaganda against him is greatly exaggerated because he's made the BCE lose money.

The number one fact to remember about Castro is this:

He asked the USA for help first. Because the BCE had financial ties to sugar plantations which prospered under the Batista dictatorship, they turned Castro down, thinking that he couldn't defeat Batista on his own.

So Fidel went knocking on Nikita Khrushchev's door, and got a favorable response.

The BCE knew damn well they fucked up, and their obsession with Castro hasn't ended since. It's why Jeb is in Miami. It's part of why JFK was murdered, and therefore also at the root of the Watergate coverup. And it's an obsession Poppy wants resolved before he's reassigned to Hell's own version of the CIA.

So just remember, if you want to talk about dictators, remember how they got their jobs in the first place.......

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The number one fact to remember about Castro is this:

He asked the USA for help first. Because the BCE had financial ties to sugar plantations which prospered under the Batista dictatorship, they turned Castro down, thinking that he couldn't defeat Batista on his own.

So Fidel went knocking on Nikita Khrushchev's door, and got a favorable response.

The BCE knew damn well they fucked up, and their obsession with Castro hasn't ended since. It's why Jeb is in Miami. It's part of why JFK was murdered, and therefore also at the root of the Watergate coverup. And it's an obsession Poppy wants resolved before he's reassigned to Hell's own version of the CIA.
    How does this tie in with you getting wasted and sucking Hagar's dick on the '86 tour?

Don't deny it. It's all there on the Live Without a Net DVD (nice goatee, by the way).
    Last edited by EAT MY ASSHOLE; 01-05-2007 at 07:34 PM.
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Saddam death disappoints Egypt's leader

By STEVE WEIZMAN, Associated Press WriterFri Jan 5, 4:25 PM ET

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak condemned the conduct of Saddam Hussein's execution and its timing at the start of a Muslim religious festival, saying in an interview published Friday that the hanging made the deposed leader "a martyr."

Mubarak told Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot that when it became clear that the hanging was imminent, he sent a message to President Bush, asking that it not be carried out during the Eid al-Adha holiday.

"Don't do it at this time," Mubarak said he told Bush. "Why is it necessary to hang (him) just at the time when people are saying the holiday prayers?"

The insensitive timing, he said, was followed by clandestine video showing "shocking pictures, primitive pictures" of Saddam being taunted by his Iraqi guards and then dangling from a rope. The footage appeared on Al-Jazeera television and Web sites just hours after the hanging Saturday, the first day of the festival.

"It was disgraceful and very painful," Mubarak said during the interview Thursday at the Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheik, a few hours before his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

"I'm not going to say whether Saddam deserved the death penalty or not," Mubarak said. "I'm also not going to go into the question of whether that court is legal under the occupation."

"When all's said and done, nobody will ever forget the circumstances and the manner in which Saddam was executed," he added. "They have made him into a martyr, while the problems within Iraq remain."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070105/...mubarak_saddam
    gnaw on it

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We give that asshole $3 billion a year in aid (bribery) and he's questioning the legitimacy of the Irag government we set up?

Our diplomacy is sorely lacking.

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ODShowtime
    We give that asshole $3 billion a year in aid (bribery) and he's questioning the legitimacy of the Irag government we set up?

Our diplomacy is sorely lacking.
    That is called ingratitude...

Thread Information