• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiki-Tom
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Golden AWe
    They still made grate records in the 80's

Some of them, like "Kind of Magic" were overproduced but still sounded amazing live

"One vision", the live version, 'nuff said
    So True. They made great music right up to the end.
    Hell, I thought their last one "Innuendo" really kicked ass like they hadn't in years. The title track is Queen in top Rock form.
    [

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
      So True. They made great music right up to the end.
      Hell, I thought their last one "Innuendo" really kicked ass like they hadn't in years. The title track is Queen in top Rock form.
      Innuendo is absolutely stellar. An often overlooked album. I highly recommend it .
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
        Innuendo is absolutely stellar. An often overlooked album. I highly recommend it .
        Kinda got overlooked because they wouldn't tour, and wouldn't really say why, although it was obviously because Freddy was sick...

But agreed it is a great album. Probably the best of the 1980s next to the Game.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Kinda got overlooked because they wouldn't tour, and wouldn't really say why, although it was obviously because Freddy was sick...

But agreed it is a great album. Probably the best of the 1980s next to the Game.
          Held out on picking that one up for the longest time, but I love it. Couple of duds/fillerish tracks,but overall great album(not on the 70's level of course).

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Eh...I mostly agree with the review...

Queen's best studio output was in the 70's, no doubt...there were a few tracks from the 80's studio output that were great live, but pretty much everything after "The Game" I can leave alone pretty safely.

To me, "Jazz" was the start of the decline in regards to their studio work. Everything prior to that was fucking brilliant..."Queen II" remains to this day one of the best fucking albums I've ever heard...out of anybody.

I liked a few of the songs from "Innuendo" (Headlong, Ride the Wild Wind, These Are the Days of Our Lives, The Show Must Go On), but I didn't really get into the rest of the album completely. It was good, definitely harkened back to what Queen did best, but...it was what it was...

"Made in Heaven" I can't comment on because I haven't heard it to this day - I saw "Mr. Bad Guy" tracks on it when it released and haven't dared to listen to it...

As a live act, they were always great and you can't really pick out a "bad" live Queen album, no matter from what era.

Hollywood Records has really bastardized the catalog though...Christ, there are so many fucking "Greatest Hits of Queen Vol. Umpteenth" albums out there it's enough to make your head spin...

I'm with Lumbergh for sure - everything up to News of the World is fucking great...after that, well...not so much sometimes...

And I will say it - "The Works" is a complete turd short of "I Want to Break Free"; other than that, I honestly think it's a complete toss when stacked up against what Queen had offered previously - which is saying something, for sure, considering I can actually find ways to defend "Body Language" if given ample opportunity... :eek:
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
              Held out on picking "THE MIRACLE" up for the longest time, but I love it. Overall great album, especially songs like "Rain Must Fall" and "The Invisible Man". I always find my ass shaking whenever I put that album on. Somehow I can't help myself and have to masterbate whenever "Party" plays...by the time "Khashoggi's Ship" hits, I always end up blowing my load when Freddie sings the line "KISS MY ASS, HONEY!". Don't know why, but there it is!

THE MIRACLE is absolutely right up there at the 70's level of course.
              Bill, you sick puppy!

I almost lost my lunch reading that!

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Given the fact that I've been listening to Queen ever since I was a wee pup: I love every record. Even "Hot Space".
                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  Eh...I must use every bone in my homosexual body to blast that review...

Queen's best studio output was in the 80's, no doubt...there were A LOT of tracks from the 80's studio output that made me HORNY AS FUCK, pretty much everything after "The Game" If I'm in a room alone, I'll pretty much "empty the clip", if you know what I mean.

To me, "Jazz" was the start of their REAL career in regards to their studio work. Tracks like "In Only Seven Days" really get the um, fire burning. Everything prior to that was fucking horrible..."Queen II" remains to this day one of the worst fucking albums I've ever heard...out of anybody. Though the cover picture gets me hard, I guess just cuz I always picture the four members bottomless. (Well, ya never know, you cant see down there.........hee hee)

I only like one sond from Innuendo, Delilah of course. It was good, definitely harkened back to what Queen did best, but...it was what it was...

"Made in Heaven" I can't comment on because I haven't heard it to this day - I saw "Mr. Bad Guy" tracks on it and was immediately taken back to the first time I saw the cover for THAT record, as well as the record store clerk at Tower I blew to get it............

As a live act, they were always great and you can't really pick out a "bad" live Queen album, no matter from what era. Freddie always brought it, onstage AND off........oh hell yeah!

Hollywood Records has really bastardized the catalog though...Christ, there are so many fucking "Greatest Hits of Queen Vol. Umpteenth" albums out there it's enough to make your head spin...

I'm with Lumbergh for sure - period. No matter what he says, I agree with.......

And I will say it - "The Works" is a complete turd short of "I Want to Break Free"; especially the video.....I wish Freddie would use that vaccuum cleaner to um...other than that, I honestly think it's a complete toss when stacked up against what Queen had offered previously - which is saying something, for sure, considering I can actually find ways to defend "Body Language" if given ample opportunity...I LIKE BODY LANGUAGE..NUFF SAID! :eek:

OH MY GOD! I cant believe what I just read.........

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Well ever since Hunter S. Thompson died, Rolling Stone has become a 100% shit rag.

Comment

• flappo
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

hardly . live magic is notoriously awful

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                        OH MY GOD! I cant believe what I just read.........
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by flappo
                          hardly . live magic is notoriously awful
                          Ahh...forgot about that one...

Still...
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

At least Blender doesn't try to pretend to be something they are not.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                              They still made grate records in the 80's

Some of them, like "Kind of Magic" were overproduced but still sounded amazing live

"One vision", the live version, 'nuff said
                              I agree.

There were a lot of great cuts from Queen in the 80s.

One Vision is one of my faves -- the live at Wembley version smokes!
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                Innuendo was released in January 1991.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...