X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Rob Zombie's "Halloween"

Rob Zombie has tapped Danielle Harris (info) — who played Michael Myers' niece, Jamie Lloyd Carruthers, in "Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers" and "Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers" — to take on the role of Annie Brackett in Zombie's upcoming remake of John Carpenter's 1978 horror classic "Halloween".

The casting breakdown for Rob Zombie's "Halloween" describes Annie Brackett as "Laurie Strode's best friend, cute, and curly-haired, full of teen enthusiasm and charm. Borderline bad girl (she rebels, but in a sweet way)."

"Halloween" cast so far:

Dr. Loomis - played by Malcolm McDowell
    Young Michael Myers - played by Daeg Faerch
    Adult Michael Myers - played by Tyler Mane
    Deborah Myers - played by Sheri Moon Zombie
    Mason Strode - played by Pat Skipper
    Cynthia Strode - played by Dee Wallace-Stone
    Annie Brackett - played by Danielle Harris
    Ronnie White - played by William Forsythe
    Big Joe - played by Ken Foree
    Nole Kluggs - played by Lew Temple
    Ismael Cruz - played by Danny Trejo

As previously reported, Zombie has started making a documentary on the production of "Halloween". Zombie wrote in an recent online posting, "Many of you have been asking if I plan on making a 'making of Halloween' documentary similar to the '30 Days In Hell' one on 'The Devil's Rejects' DVD. Well, the answer is yes. We started shooting on the first day of pre-production and we will continue up until we are finished."

Zombie also wrote that he's seen the finished mask that will be worn by "Halloween"'s killer, Michael Myers, and commented, "All I can say is 'HOLY F***.'It looks perfect. Exactly like the original. Not since 1978 has (Myers) looked so good."

"Halloween" is due in theatres on August 31, 2007. Filming begins later this month. The movie is Zombie's third feature film as a director after 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".

As reported last week, Zombie announced that he is working on a boxed set for his previous band, WHITE ZOMBIE. A solo live album is also scheduled for release sometime early this year.

I, for one, am FUCKING STOKED about this. Stellar cast, no doubt...and if Rob's first two films are any indication (House of 1000 Corpses & The Devils Rejects), we're in for a REAL treat. Rob knows how to film a 70's horror film...like it's a 70's horror film...and that's more credit than I can give a lot of dudes.

Honestly, House & Rejects are two of the best horror films to come down the tailpipe in years, so far as I'm concerned...

I really think this remake is going to do Halloween justice - and it's certainly better than sitting through Halloween pt. 34, or whatever they're up to now.
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Now if I can just convince somebody to give "Last House on the Left" another whack, I'll be in cult heaven...
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I'm just tired of remakes in general, so I'm still having a hard time getting excited over this...........and I loved the Devils Rejects.

Comment

• Isaac R.
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2006

Re-making Halloween:confused:
        Sounds like a bad idea, but at least it`s Rob Zombie doing it.
        Hell, they could have given it to someone like Paul WS Anderson

Plus, any director that puts Danny Trejo, Ken Foree & William Forsythe in the same flick must have at least a glimmer of a clue

Not sure about a `roid raging Shape tho.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
          I'm just tired of remakes in general, so I'm still having a hard time getting excited over this...........and I loved the Devils Rejects.
          I'm sending Doctor Satan to your office if you don't shape your ass up, Lumbergh.

You know, I'm getting really tired of this shit! Why am I still cutting you Sheep Pen Paychecks, anyway?!?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Re-making Halloween:confused:
            Sounds like a bad idea, but at least it`s Rob Zombie doing it.
            Hell, they could have given it to someone like Paul WS Anderson

Plus, any director that puts Danny Trejo, Ken Foree & William Forsythe in the same flick must have at least a glimmer of a clue

Not sure about a `roid raging Shape tho.
            Malcolm McDowell...Dee Wallace Stone...

Like I said - great cast so far...

And Sheri Moon Zombie is always a treat for the eyes, even when she's drenched in blood...
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Isaac R.
              Head Fluffer
              • Dec 2006

Yeah! glanced right over that one...

:p

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                I'm sending Doctor Satan to your office if you don't shape your ass up, Lumbergh.

You know, I'm getting really tired of this shit! Why am I still cutting you Sheep Pen Paychecks, anyway?!?

Hey, I'm starting to show up for work again, so stop the fucking bitching! And btw, you KNOW I'm a Captain Spaulding guy..........

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

im just amazed there is somebody out there that liked house of 1000 corpses
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    Hey, I'm starting to show up for work again, so stop the fucking bitching! And btw, you KNOW I'm a Captain Spaulding guy..........
                    True dat!

Good to have you back around on a regular basis, though, seriously...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      im just amazed there is somebody out there that liked house of 1000 corpses
                      Absolutely. It's a perfect little slice of 70's B grade horror on a professional budget, but filmed EXACTLY like a fan of the genre would do it...fucking brilliant movie...

Now - admittedly the Doctor Satan mutants were a bit on the strange side, but...the movie was so ridiculously cool, I wasn't going to complain.

Devils Rejects was actually a bit more of a 70's vigilante flick than a 70's horror flick, I think, but still remarkably well done.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                        Looking forward to it. I wonder whether Rob's movie or Glenn Danzig's movie would come out first.
                        Ha!

Anything Glenn Danzig related - music, movies, comics, whatever - is always going to be late! It's tradition!

lmao
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

"ill get you to a doctor" low and behold its doctor satan.Must say bob you are the first person i have heard of that is looking forward to "halloween"
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

I'm not opposed to remakes, considering they're done respectfully and correctly. I think Rob will handle Halloween with class, personally...hell, I'm practically more a fan of his movies than his music in some regards...

Well, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge White Zombie fan from back in the day...

Still, I'm actually thinking it's going to be a remake worth watching. Comparitively speaking, I just finished watching the Omen remake and was rather...unimpressed. Not that it was bad, per se, it was just essentially pointless to have done it. Didn't really add anything to the original or even do it justice...same problem I had with the last Texas Chainsaw Massacre update...

That said, Julia Stiles is still pretty kick ass, so I won't hold it against her...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Those ARE some excellent casting choices.

I'm not really thrilled with remakes either, but sometimes the remakes actually are as good as (if not better than) the original. Two cases in point are Ocean's 11 and The Hills Have Eyes.

After the drek of Halloween 6 through 8, I'm just REEEEEEAL leery of the series in general, but I'll check it out. Seeing as Moustapha is dead and can no longer infect the production with his utter greed and lack of quality control, this one might actually be worthy of the first 2 movies in the series.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...