Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I'm just giving WARF a hard time too. I admire his excitement. I don't have that kind of excitement for today's Van Halen anymore. But I guess I'm excited enough to finally see Dave and Ed onstage together.

But Edward Van Halen is a fucking piece of shit.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

It's just not the Mighty Van Halen, the Pasadena Express for me without MA. And as a few folks like Lounge have pointed out, let's see if this trainwreck makes it past the first show intact.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of going to see it, but don't drink the Kool-Aid and start spinning it as it was such a good idea to dump MA, we won't miss the backing vocals cuz they'll just pipe them in via iPod, that they'll out-gross Kiss '96, and that a 15-year old with 3 months of bass under his belt never having played in front of a real audience, with pressure on, glare of the lights, gotta hit the right notes, alot of pressure as someone mentioned (was that Lounge too?).

Anyhow, if you want to see it, go see it. But don't bullshit yourselves or the DLR faithful on this site who have held out for 20+ years to see a REUNION. That shit just doesn't fly. Hell, even go with the whole Page/Plant motif if that makes you feel good about your decision to part with hard earned cash to see the show.

Carry on.

Icon.
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
        It's just not the Mighty Van Halen, the Pasadena Express for me without MA.

But don't bullshit yourselves or the DLR faithful on this site who have held out for 20+ years to see a REUNION. That shit just doesn't fly.

Icon.
        Well said. The "Teen Wolf" version of this band isn't what I've been waiting to see.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Atomic Dyver
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Maybe they should do what Iommi and Geezer are doing and call it something else. A legend should be treated like a legend. For 20 years we've sat on the sidelines and watched the jv team dismantle a legend.....and now we're handed a cookie and asked for loyalty....

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Anyhow, if you want to see it, go see it. But don't bullshit yourselves or the DLR faithful on this site who have held out for 20+ years to see a REUNION. That shit just doesn't fly.
            Carry on.

Icon.
            A-FREAKIN-MEN!

Comment

• Roth & Roll
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Re: I want a new Van Halen Album!

I don't give a crap who plays bass.

I'm sick of the nostalgia tours!

There hasn't been a studio Van Halen album in 9 years.

And it's been 23 years since REAL Van Halen album was released.

Does anyone think this tour should happen with a full studio album, and MTV video single???
              on all points.

If Ed doesn't feel the need to record a new album after a 22 year wait; or the need to release a new album after screwing the public with VDIII; then I don't feel the need to give him a penny of my money either. Sure, I'd like to see them live, but I'll just wait for the release on You Tube.
              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

That Gollum/EVH pic is priceless, R&R.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  That Gollum/EVH pic is priceless, R&R.
                  It does look like him; doesn't it? Thanks.
                  http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Of course this should all be kicked off with a new album.

These guys have PLENTY of time on their hands. None of their careers are at warp speed anymore.

Fuck, just go in there for even a month, let it rip and put it out. They don't need to collaborate with Desmond Childs or have Bob Rock and some corporate therapy guru produce some two year recording process.

I'm sure if Dave sat down and went through the hundreds of hours of material Ed has, or even just sorted through the tunes that comprise the three to ten albums Ed proclaims are in the can, I'm sure he could find ten things that were worth putting vocals on.

When does the tour start? April? RnRHoF is in a month? That gives them two months, maybe even longer if it doesn't kick off until the summer. They don't need to spend 6 months rehearsing CVH stuff.

Well, maybe Ed does...
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Ed has way too many demons to exorcise before this can be a success.

Personal issues,addictions ,grudges.Dude better wake up!

Needs to start riding to AA with Linsay Lohan like RIGHT NOW.

Comment

• nightlife
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Feb 2007

A new full length album is what I've been waiting for for 23 years now. That to me is more important than the tour. New music first, then a tour would be icing on the cake. But I have given up all hope for new music. I guess I'll have to settle for whatever Ed wants to do. It's just a shame how he has treated his fans all these years.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by nightlife
                          A new full length album is what I've been waiting for for 23 years now. That to me is more important than the tour. New music first, then a tour would be icing on the cake. But I have given up all hope for new music. I guess I'll have to settle for whatever Ed wants to do. It's just a shame how he has treated his fans all these years.
                          Amen, brother.
                          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

WARF,

He helps those who help themselves, and there's no "Thy will be done" without Judas... every hero needs to be sold down the river, so MA is a necessity... glad you still have faith... that and booze are excellent defenses against the inevitable meaninglessness of life.

Wow! Talk about my nihilist tendencies. lol

I sure as hell hope you haven't been waiting around 23 years to see DLR take the stage in the company of a neckbrace, half a tongue, and a 15 year old. I'd have to say your faith wasn't very well rewarded.

Look, you want to show your faith? Abraham, Jonah, Job type faith? Then DON'T support this abomination. This is the whore of Babylon of tours. Get on your knees and pray for MA reconciliation.

Reconciliation is always better... imagine how different the world would be if God gave Satan a second chance/parole/time off for good behavior... lol

Peace be with you, carry on.

Icon-o-clast
                            LMAO!!!

Your on fire today Icon!!

Comment

• vhrothfan
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2007

I found it alot easier just to accept him into my heart for eternal salvation!

As Jesus said, "He that is not with me is against me."
                              Matthew 12:30

I've taken alot of shots here, in my supposed fairy tale myth of Christianity.

But there is no point to life without faith...
                              Christianity is not a fairy tale.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

WARF's not saying it is...

Comment

Working...