Why Hasn't Hall & Oates Been Nominated For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame??????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth Renegade
    Groupie
    • Sep 2005

Why Hasn't Hall & Oates Been Nominated For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame??????

hall and oates gets snubbed every year!!!!
    they are the best songwriting team of all time!!!!
  • SparkieD
    Veteran
    • Sep 2006

Good question. Excellent team and their live shows even after over thirty years together are top-notch. Tiki took me to see them two years ago and I was really surprised at how great that show was. Daryl Hall is an amazing frontman.

Maybe the RRHoF is just waiting for Oates to grow back that 'stache. He's one of the few men in the world that desperately needs facial hair.
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

They will eventually. I only came to appreciate them long after their heyday. Once I was older and not worried about what others thought of my musical tastes, I listened to them and realized they had a ton of very good pop-rock songs.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

They should be in for sure. I always did dig their tunes and took a lot of ribbing from my hard rock friends for it. I never cared what people thought though, thats just how I roll.

Actually many of my fellow musicians I have worked with appreciate their songwriting skills. Even if some won't admit it, they have made one hell of an impact on music.

Shit, they have scored thirty-four hit singles. "thirty-four" Eight of them went to #1, plus seven RIAA platinum albums along with six RIAA gold albums.
        Me thinks that they qualify pretty damn well
        Last edited by Tiki-Tom; 02-04-2007, 04:10 AM.
        [

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
          Maybe the RRHoF is just waiting for Oates to grow back that 'stache. He's one of the few men in the world that desperately needs facial hair.
          Hell yes.

If he turned up without that "cockduster", noone would know who he was.

Maybe they`ll be inducted into the RSHoF (Rock and SOUL Hall of Fame).
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

..."it was a psychically freeing moment. I'm sure it didn't mean anything to anyone else, but it was very important to me." - John Oates on shaving the 'stache.

Personally, I really don't want to hear about any of his "freeing moments."

But I am looking forward to seeing another one of their shows. They were fantastic! At first I felt weird going to see them, but I saw a LOT of other metal fans at that show. Now I will go see them anytime they are close enough.
            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
            Originally posted by rustoffa
            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
              If he turned up without that "cockduster", noone would know who he was.

Can't help remembering chris Kattan's SNL Behind The Music spoof on Oates.
              "Yeah , those finger snaps...that was me"

"I'm Oates!!!"
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• spaceboots5
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2007

Hall and Oates ! I always have this for breakfast

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Private Eyes was a O.k song.
                  Last edited by Dan; 02-08-2007, 03:14 AM.
                  First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

The amazing thing about Hall & Oates was that there was A LOT of cool shit going on musically, if you really took the moment to listen to it. Some of the basslines going on were really cool...

Daryl Hall probably knows more about R&B, for a white man, than any other white man in existance...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      Some of the basslines going on were really cool...
                      You are not kidding!
                      Tom "T-Bone" Wolk is one hell of a bass player. He has also worked with Carly Simon, Elvis Costello, Squeeze, and Billy Joel among others.
                      Take it from this bassist, After seeing him play live, this man knows his shit.
                      [

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/anLfoy2XsFw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/anLfoy2XsFw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
                          You are not kidding!
                          Tom "T-Bone" Wolk is one hell of a bass player. He has also worked with Carly Simon, Elvis Costello, Squeeze, and Billy Joel among others.
                          Take it from this bassist, After seeing him play live, this man knows his shit.
                          I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him live, but I'd believe it based on the studio output...

How long you been playing for?
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him live, but I'd believe it based on the studio output...

How long you been playing for?
                            Around 20 plus years.
                            Damn,:confused: has it been that long.:p
                            You play?

Yep, T-bone has got the groove covered well. He holds back a little bit on the records but the man really cuts loose live.

If you ever get the chance to see them,Ya should. I got Sparkie to go and that was a task in its self, Hall & oates are (were) way off her musical radar. Man, by the time we got home she was in disbelief over how good they sounded. Daryl is over sixty years old and his voice is sounding better than ever. Unbelievable talent.
                            [

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
                              Around 20 plus years.
                              Damn,:confused: has it been that long.:p
                              You play?
                              Well, I used to; I started about '93...ish...even did pretty good for a while, but I basically gave it up to play Dad.

Gotta say I do miss it at times.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...