The Thread About Duplicate Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thread About Duplicate Threads

I read more whining and bitching about duplicate threads on here than I care to think about. With all respect to the Moderators and owner(s) of this awesome forum, I don't get it. I realize there are times when the Moderators see a need to shut down or move a thread due to duplicity or redundancy - but beyond that, why do so many people bitch about duplicate threads?

For example, every time someone posts something about Wolfie (which is obviously a controversial topic, and for good reason), someone feels the need to slam the thread for being a wornout topic. My thought about the matter is, why not just ignore the fucking thread? If it's not worth wasting the time posting a reply to, then just let the son of a bitch drop out of site due to no replies. The Wolfie threads are not going to die until way beyond the 2007 Van Halen tour, so get a grip on it.

Personally, I don't give a damn about duplicate threads. Each thread usually has a distinct and unique thought to discuss. If the Mods see a need to move or delete the thread, who am I to question them? Beyond that, if they think the thread should stay alive - then who the fuck am I (or anyone else) to bitch about it? If I don't like it, I am a big enough boy to just ignore the mother fucker!

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Cheers Rikk.

:bottle:
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Re: The Thread About Duplicate Threads

Originally posted by Rikk Here's an idea...take your hands off those udders and quit whining about the practices of other mods.

post #33
      sigpic

Comment

rick
        no shit, if you post a new subject and it has the same words in it, like rock and roll hall of fame the subject gets squashed.
        jesus christ as soon as people start answering a fucking question the mods come in and spoil the fun.
        whos this fucking site for the mods or david lee roth fans?
        im sure if someone doesnt want to read a certain subject they can pass it up.
        most of these subjects that are stickied on the main page are so fucked up with arguments and other bullshit that i dont even look at them anymore.
        some mods need to take a chill pill and are taking this shit way too seriously.
        it aint like new vanhalen or david lee roth news is coming in by the bucketload.
        Last edited by vh rides again; 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vh rides again
          rick

most of these subjects that are stickied on the main page are so fucked up with arguments and other bullshit
          That's it ! Gloves are off ! I've had it.

Comment

I haven't been to sleep since the late 80's. C'mon

Comment

The main reason the threads are being closed is because the mods are bored. Personally, I don't the need for multiple threads of the same subject, or threads that are posted because someone is too lazy to see if the topic is already in discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                The main reason the threads are being closed is because the mods are bored. Personally, I don't the need for multiple threads of the same subject, or threads that are posted because someone is too lazy to see if the topic is already in discussion.
                Brownsound...

I didn't actually mean anything I wrote in the post. I was just duplicating the complaint thread to piss the author of the original thread off...
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Goddamn it Rikk!! This is a duplicate thread, and I'm going to close it.

Comment

1 Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air 3.55
                    2 BLACKFOOT SUE - STANDING IN THE ROAD 3.58
                    3 Hawkwind - Silver Machine 4.40
                    4 T-Rex - 20th Century Boy 3.40
                    5 SUPERTRAMP - Dreamer 3.33
                    6 David Bowie - Rebel Rebel 4.30
                    7 Roxy Music - Streetlife 3.28
                    8 Manfred Manns Earth Band - Blinded By The Light 7.08
                    9 SPARKS - This Town Aint Big Enough 3.06
                    10 Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes 3.30
                    11 THIN LIZZY - The Rocker 5.15