Thread: Ex-VAN HALEN Singer CHERONE Comments On Band's ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Ex-VAN HALEN Singer CHERONE Comments On Band's ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction

Ex-VAN HALEN Singer CHERONE Comments On Band's ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction - Feb. 14, 2007

The third VAN HALEN frontman, Gary Cherone, who took over when Sammy Hagar left the band (or was fired, depending on whom you ask) in 1996, has commented on the band's upcoming induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Despite the fact that the former EXTREME singer fronted VAN HALEN for nearly three years, and performed on 1998's "Van Halen III", Cherone won't be coming to the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Commented Cherone: "It was only a matter of time before the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recognized one of the greatest and most influential rock bands of all time, whose guitar player changed the course of rock 'n roll! Congratulations to my friends Alex [Van Halen], Eddie [Van Halen], Michael [Anthony], Dave [Lee Roth] and Sammy… The mighty VAN HALEN! An incredible honor.

"To answer the few fans who are wondering whether I should, or shouldn't, be included. While yes, I was a small part of their history, I was certainly not a part of their legend, and that is what WE, the fans, are celebrating!"

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Sammy Hagar had the following to say about whether Gary Cherone should be part of the Hall of Fame induction: "I got nothing against Gary, but I would've voted against him getting in. I think he was really just a moment in VAN HALEN. Dave [Lee Roth] and I were in the band for so long, and we sold so many records and I don't think you can deny that. As it stands, it seems a little goofy if you let Gary in. Because, there was questions about me getting in, because I've only been in the band 21 years."

David Lee Roth recently officially returned as the singer for VAN HALEN and will join the rest of the band on a North American tour this summer. The 40-date trek will mark the first time since 1984 that original VH frontman Roth will perform with Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist, Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's son).

VAN HALEN last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Hagar refused to collaborate further with the Van Halen brothers after the tour's completion ("I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he told Billboard.com in August 2005), although he has played live with Anthony in recent years.

VAN HALEN will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on March 12 at New York's Waldorf-Astoria hotel.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dupe thread.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Thread Information