Sex Pistols Played a Country/Western Club in their Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Pistols Played a Country/Western Club in their Prime

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNViLxrnud8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNViLxrnud8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's funny to notice what the guy in the beginning says About Rock and Roll, A Month Before the Release of VH I.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Great find ,bro.
    Back in '78 , me and a buddy were trying to scrape together some cash to get to Rochester,N.Y. to see them. Our parents cought wind of this and put the kibash on it. We were 12 at the time but we did'nt give a fuck. We wanted to see the Pistols goddamnit !
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Saw them in 2002 at Crystal Palace sports stadium in London, my god they were good.

From the early gigs I've heard, I much prefered the '96 and '02 shows, they were much more polished, which you could say is against everything the Pistols stood for, but the band sounded incredible.

If I had been at the 100 club I might have a different opinion, but alas, wasn't born for another 12 years.
      Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

From the Dallas show.....

Last edited by FORD; 06-11-2022, 06:46 PM.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Sid Vicious, the finest air bassist ever!

Comment

F A T Bell's Palsy face Steve Jone$ claims he has Sid's original Fender bass but has never shown it to the public

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                  F A T Bell's Palsy face Steve Jone$ claims he has Sid's original Fender bass but has never shown it to the public

Huh!

Hadn't heard that claim before.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

He said it on his lame radio show when interviewing Steve Earle of all people. Earle has asked him if Jone$ still had his original custom white Les Paul to which Jone$ replied "no" and sold it long ago for heroin but that he had Sid's bass with no back story on how he actually attained it

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                      He said it on his lame radio show when interviewing Steve Earle of all people. Earle has asked him if Jone$ still had his original custom white Les Paul to which Jone$ replied "no" and sold it long ago for heroin but that he had Sid's bass with no back story on how he actually attained it
                      Who knows? I'd guess maybe after the Winterland gig all the equipment was sent back to England and ended up in whatever storage area the Sex Pistols kept their equipment, which probably wasn't much in terms of the amount of equipment they had: it wasn't as if the Pistols were this massive band in terms of playing large venues...most of their gigs were in small clubs/ballrooms, etc. If memory serves, I think Sid was filmed using the bass when the Pistols (minus Lydon, who quit the band after Winterland) were filming their 'auditions' for Rotten in the spring of 1978, the footage of which ended up in The Great Rock And Roll Swindle movie. I don't know if Sid ever had cause after that to even play bass, because he didn't do much live work after the Pistols broke up other than some NYC-area club gigs, and from what I've read those gigs featured Sid just singing. So, who knows if Sid even took the bass with him to New York when he and Spungen went there in the late summer/early fall of 1978: by that point Sid had already filmed his stuff for the Swindle movie, and it wasn't like he was doing any studio recording or anything like that when he was in NYC from what I remember reading. Jones may have just took the bass home with him after the Pistols went totally defunct.
                      Last edited by Terry; 06-13-2022, 08:41 AM.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Ironically enough, when Sid did a solo gig in London shortly before moving to NYC, his bass player was Glenn Matlock. It was the only time the two appeared on stage together

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

It can't be said enough that Sid was a sick talentless nasty fuck and the punk narrative gives him and his horrific girlfriend some sort of of artistic validity in some people's eyes that didn't actually exist.

Comment

Sid was more hype than substance, definitely. Basically he was a naive kid who was manipulated by a series of toxic people. Starting with his own mother, then McLaren, and finally Nancy. It's a cliche that some guys are attracted to women who remind them of their mother, but in Sid's case it seems to be true. His mom was a junkie herself. Ironically, she may have been the one who killed Sid. Intentionally or not? Who knows, but apparently she admits to shooting him up the night he died. Could be that the smack was of a higher purity than what she was used to? Might be that she thought he would be found guilty of killing Nancy, and a quick death via Heroin overdose beats a slow death in prison. Who the fuck knows.... nobody who knew Sid believed he actually committed the murder, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been convicted anyway, since he was too smacked up out of his mind that night to offer any other plausible suspects.

I know Rotten regrets bringing him into the band, since they basically grew up together. Maybe Sid might have had some chance at a long & boring life without the Pistols. It's definitely true that his musical abilities were considerably better during his rare moments of sobriety.... or at least semi-sobriety. Certainly never a threat to take a job from Geddy Lee or Billy Sheehan, but a competent bass player during those moments. Good enough for a punk band, easily.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

There used to be a cool guitar shop on the ground floor of the Chelsea Hotel but that place was pretty seedy. NYC in the 80’s was quite the sludge dump.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...
                              X